OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Saturn Toys 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set

List:

Head sculpts*2
Body*2
Hands*23
Armguard*4
shoes*4
Dart*2
Walkie-talkie*2
Handcuffs*1
bomb*1
Sprinkler irrigation*1
Battle uniform (with belt cloak)*2
Stand*2

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999510
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999610
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999710
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999810
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999910
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 41000010

#newproduct #SaturnToys #DynamicDuo #male #TV-based #comicbook

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
$245 (includes shipping for the set at OSK). For anyone who missed out on the HT versions, these could be great alternatives.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, they seem like viable alternatives. Not having grown up on this, I have no nostalgia for it. About the only thing I like are Robin's shoes, for kitbashing something entirely different. I realize standards, expectations, and visuals were very different back then, and comparisons may be unfair, but I've never been able to get past that Batman mask. With those painted grey quizzical eyebrows (and people complain about nipples on armor!) and the sown-on patch over the nose (which reminds me of "nerd" eyeglass repair)... of course this is the fault (if such it is) of the original design and not of the present iteration.  But I can't help but think how much cooler it would have been to have more Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, O'Donnell, Thurmond, Silverstone, etc. figures (masked and unmasked) -- I don't include Bale, as he has been done to death.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I met Adam West in an elevator once. That's my entire contribution to this thread. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Not having grown up on this, I have no nostalgia for it. About the only thing I like are Robin's shoes, for kitbashing something entirely different. I realize standards, expectations, and visuals were very different back then, and comparisons may be unfair, but I've never been able to get past that Batman mask. With those painted grey quizzical eyebrows (and people compare about nipples on armor!) and the sown-on patch over the nose (which reminds me of "nerd" eyeglass repair)... .

I feel the same here. No nostalgia and hence it looks too goofy to me

skywalkersaga wrote:I met Adam West in an elevator once. That's my entire contribution to this thread. Laughing

Ok, but that leads me to an important question:

Did you go up or down the elevator? Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I met Adam West in an elevator once. That's my entire contribution to this thread. Laughing

It was a glass elevator and he was climbing up the outside on his batrope.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

Haha, that would have been much more exciting I suppose. But it was just an elevator in a hotel across from Madison Square Garden in NYC. There'd been a comic-con there that weekend and I was returning to my hotel room. The elevator was going up, if I recall. comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

Haha, that would have been much more exciting I suppose. But it was just an elevator in a hotel across from Madison Square Garden in NYC. There'd been a comic-con there that weekend and I was returning to my hotel room.  The elevator was going up, if I recall. comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 1f605

Obviously, it was going up.  Adam West doesn't take elevators downwards -- he slides down a pole. Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I grew up on the show when it was in syndication in the 70s, so I have a tremendous amount of nostalgia for it. If these turn out like the promo pics, $245 for the set seems like an absolute steal at today’s prices, but we all know what a big “IF” that is. (Looking at you, “Plant Controller”.)

Robin’s tunic needs to be a quite a bot longer, but that’s the only criticism I have initially.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, I see it now, good call Xavion (Robin's tunic).

shazzdan

shazzdan
In the comics Robin's tunic is longer but not on the TV show.

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set Latest?cb=20131028134159

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker2011 wrote:
comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set 40999710

Love this pic!
I know Batman slapped Robin in the 60's comics so i guess Saturn Toys is referencing that.
I haven't watched the '66 movie so I don't know if this happened in the movie.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s been a long time since I watched the movie (or the TV show for that matter, even though I have the blu-rays), but I don’t recall Batman slapping him in either.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
I don't think they made it in the show, but that's an old image from the original comic that went viral on the web as a meme...

comicbook - NEW PRODUCT: Saturn Toys: 1/6 Scale Dynamic Duo Double Figure Set Batman-Slapping-Robin

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well caught, Alex!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Those look good. Ideal for anyone not wanting to pick up the Hot Toys figures on the after market.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum