OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with vehicle scale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with vehicle scale Empty Help with vehicle scale Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 pm

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
I'm looking into getting a Harley to go with some figures I'm working on. I have a 1/6th Indian, but I need a Harley and finding one in 1/6th at a price I can afford is not easy.

How big of a size difference is there between 1/6th and 1/8th motorcycles? Would I be able to get away with taking pictures of standard 1/6th figures on/near the 1/8th Harley?

Thanks!

2Help with vehicle scale Empty Re: Help with vehicle scale Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The difference would be pretty striking. Even most 1/6 motorcycles tend to be under scale. I’m a biker, and it bothers me considerably just how small (or condensed) most bikes are in this scale. You may want to check out this thread if you haven’t already:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1226-1-6-scale-motorcyles-1-1-motorcycles-size-design-problems-for-1-6-scale?highlight=Motorcycles

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help with vehicle scale C8485110

3Help with vehicle scale Empty Re: Help with vehicle scale Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:58 pm

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
Stryker2011 wrote:The difference would be pretty striking. Even most 1/6 motorcycles tend to be under scale. I’m a biker, and it bothers me considerably just how small (or condensed) most bikes are in this scale. You may want to check out this thread if you haven’t already:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1226-1-6-scale-motorcyles-1-1-motorcycles-size-design-problems-for-1-6-scale?highlight=Motorcycles

Thanks! That's what I was afraid of.

4Help with vehicle scale Empty Re: Help with vehicle scale Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
OceanGirl24 wrote:I'm looking into getting a Harley to go with some figures I'm working on. I have a 1/6th Indian, but I need a Harley and finding one in 1/6th at a price I can afford is not easy.

How big of a size difference is there between 1/6th and 1/8th motorcycles? Would I be able to get away with taking pictures of standard 1/6th figures on/near the 1/8th Harley?

Thanks!

There are Japanese model kids for HD like the one in Terminator. But you could be looking at anything between 600 and 1200 bucks on ebay.

5Help with vehicle scale Empty Re: Help with vehicle scale Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sarahdactyl wrote:
OceanGirl24 wrote:I'm looking into getting a Harley to go with some figures I'm working on. I have a 1/6th Indian, but I need a Harley and finding one in 1/6th at a price I can afford is not easy.

Thanks!

There are Japanese model kids for HD like the one in Terminator. But you could be looking at anything between 600 and 1200 bucks on ebay.

Not to mention the insane amount of work to assemble.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help with vehicle scale C8485110

6Help with vehicle scale Empty Re: Help with vehicle scale Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:13 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Stryker2011 wrote:
Sarahdactyl wrote:

Thanks!

Not to mention the insane amount of work to assemble.

Well I mean it's a model kit.🤷🏼‍�
This hobby wouldn’t be what it is today if it hadn't been for people customizing and innovating.

Hot Toys offers lots Disney licenses for those what ready to play or display.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum