OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introducing Erika Foster, Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions Team Leader

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Timberley

Hi all, I thought I'd finally take a couple of snaps of my first kit bash that I've finally completed (her helmet arrived a few days ago).  

Originally, she was Tracy, a Dark Zone Agent, but tonight (and for the foreseeable future) Matthew, she is Erika Foster, a Team Leader for Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions, the PMC that has the UN contract to provide immediate humanitarian aid to refugees in war zones worldwide (one of the novels I'm writing at the moment).  She's currently checking her watch, wondering where the rest of the night patrol have got to.

Introducing Erika Foster, Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions Team Leader WeKEi8Z

Introducing Erika Foster, Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions Team Leader SXwMPyp

Introducing Erika Foster, Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions Team Leader ZMFzUoh

Please excuse the lack of a nice diorama or anything else (to be bought when money allows) and the fact that she's on her stand (the cardboard box she was stood on isn't the most stable but sadly it's where there's decent light at the moment), but I thought I'd stop beating about the bush and show her off.

Notes on the build:
- The body, head, sunglasses, gloves/hands, and 3/4 sleeves undershirt are the only original components left, everything else is from other kits,
- Getting the boots (Fire Girl) to stay attached to the foot pegs was a right pain initially, so they ended up being put on the radiator for 10mins to warm them up,
- The General Armoury MOLLE pouch attachment system is a right pain in the satchel,
- I was surprised at how well most of the kit fitted her.
- Blimey this hobby is expensive! Laughing (I knew, going into it of course, but it starts to add up)
- Velcro is the best! (her badges are attached to her chest terminal and t-shirt sleeves using it)
- If you use modern day picatinny rail weapons and find attachments sliding off (and don't want to glue them), then put a tiny piece of gaffer tape on the attachment, and the very slight lift on the attachment will cause enough friction to keep it stuck in position (I can do a quick photo tutorial if this doesn't make sense or anyone's interested).

Now to start virtually (this will be built up over time - I'm currently making some perps for Judge Anderson to fight) building her 2i/c, a civilian/villain to interact with, and find various bits to make a decent, multipurpose diorama.  Thanks for all of the help, tips and tricks you've all given me so far, as well as the tutorials on this site.  Hopefully I can improve going forward (though I've got a way to go before I can live up to BAM's photo stories)!

Tim

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good.

And yes, this hobby is expensive.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Introducing Erika Foster, Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions Team Leader C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful kitbash, she looks great. Pretty, tough, and armed to the teeth, in a no-nonsense, serious way that seems to be denied to so many female warrior figures. I've been binge watching Fringe for the first time ever for the last week or so (dealing with a nasty flu-like thing) and for some reason she reminds me of Olivia Dunham (DID made a couple of figures based on her, that don't quite do her justice).

Timberley

Cheers guys!

Yeah Ian, I was getting a bit fed up with a fair few female characters being lightly armed and armoured. VTS seems to be good at that sort of thing though. Ironically, shortly after I had 90% of this ordered, I saw the preorder for the SCP operator...
I think you're onto something with the Olivia Dunham reference - the head looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. It's a nice sculpt too, pity it's moulded hair, but it's a lot easier to manipulate than Miss Spetsnaz's hair.

And Mark, you're so right about complete sets - putting together stuff for Anderson's diorama, I've found a couple of sets that I'll use at least 90% of, if not for the dio then for other projects.

Tim

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum