OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Collectible Figurine special features:
-One(1)Interchangeable normal face
--One(1)Interchangeable smiley face
-One(1)Highly-detailed hair sculpture
-Body with over 30points of articulations
-Approximately 26CM tall
-Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
-One(1)pair of fists
-One(1)pair of relaxed palms
-One(1)pair of opening palms
Costume:
-One(1)meticulously tailored Anna Marie suit(Chest contains ‘X’logo badge)
-One(1)brown leather coat(Shoulder contains ‘X’logo badge)
-One(1)brown belt
-One(1)pair of yellow boots
Accessories
-One(1)figure stand

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant E75c2910
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 5fde0e10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 6fcb8f10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 89550510
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant Ac931010
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 86a6c310
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 45285c10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant Eb8d8b10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant A3ad1b10

#newproduct #SooSooToys #AnnaMarie #TheVariant #female #comicbook-based

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Too bad about the sculpted hair, but I’m still in for Rogue. The head sculpt (at least the stern one) makes me think of Adrienne Barbeau.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. She looks excellent, beautiful and no-nonsense at the same time. But yes, hard to love sculpted hair. I suppose the source is some excuse.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
This is the best version of Rogue IMO, and this figure looks so cool. Rogue was one of my favorite chars when I watched the 90's "X-Men: The Animated Series". Too bad I didn't get the Gambit they released some time ago, cuz they'd be a perfect duo to display. Dammit, now the intro theme is playing on my head.
Wish there were more HS's like this one, a female face with stronger features and a more mature look. The stern face is amazing. I would also prefer a rooted hair. Wish they had included a smoochin face, cuz she stole the power like that in various occasions, and it was her iconic move on fighting games she appeared.
One tiny complaint I have is the ankle part of the boots are a bit to thick. Aside from that, the uniform is awesome. Now, how will the leather jacket and yellow rubbery parts behave with the test of time? Hope a body swap won't be too complicated.
Either way, if it's still on PO on January, I think I'm going for it.

Please, SooSoo, make the classic Storm... preferably with rooted hair.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice try but they messed up the hair.

Nekk-ra

Stryker2011 wrote:Too bad about the sculpted hair, but I’m still in for Rogue. The head sculpt (at least the stern one) makes me think of Adrienne Barbeau.

Yeah, I definitely see Miss Barbeau in that head sculpt. Good thing I don't have the Plissken figure or I'd be contemplating a Maggie custom.

csyeung

csyeung
I po'd at giantoy. It's up now. Can't resist getting A comic version of rogue.

Freakinglobster - I think these are slated to come out in December.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t see it listed on Giantoy. I wonder if they sold out of their allotment already.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant C8485110

Diana

Diana
Ooph! While I'd normally welcome stern and/or mature female faces this sculpt doesn't do it for me. At least not for Rogue. That chin is very pronounced, and Rogue is younger in my head.

I'd welcome the face for an original character of some sort, but removing the sculpted hair and bandana would be a lot of work.

Shame. The costume is awesome. I don't care enough to make my own Rogue head though.

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t see it listed on Giantoy. I wonder if they sold out of their allotment already.
I can see her. Are you logged in? Maybe it's one of those entries you only see when logged in, to avoid copyright issues no doubt.

Waiden

Waiden
I personally dislike both head sculpts. The smiling one is creepy and the normal one wants to see your manager. I would expect Rogue face to be sexy but whoever sculpted this failed. The figure itself is nice.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t see it listed on Giantoy. I wonder if they sold out of their allotment already.

Yea for these you need to be logged into your account to see

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
csyeung wrote:

Yea for these you need to be logged into your account to see

Wait, I didn't know about this up until now.

Oh man, she's 170USD on GianToy??? I can't commit to a figure this month cuz I already had to pay an invoice, but I really hope she's still available next month. By the description of GianToy, it seems like that it's one sculpted hair and 2 swappable faces. That means that maaaaaaybe there's a chance to adapt the face on a rooted scalp? Or it's just wishful thinking.

Edit: The swappable face gimmick is already in the description here on the post. Silly me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Looks like I’ll log in then.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Crap! Guess I wasn’t fast enough. Said it’s sold out.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I could go with another retailer but the cost jumped up almost $100 — guess I’m out.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:I could go with another retailer but the cost jumped up almost $100 — guess I’m out.

I've never used, but did you try onesixthcorner ? I think it retails for 178 there. TNS and KG still have too I think. I've only ordered in stock from KG though and never used TNS before.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just placed a PO with ToyPanic. Thanks for the other options though.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The smiling sculpt reminded me of a smiling Evan Peters (Xmen's Quicksilver) ugh!

I hope that "26CM" is a typo, but it seems all SST female figures are described as 26cm.
Rogue should be taller than 5'1". Well I guess one could easily extend the ankle pegs if necessary.

If anyone has any SooSoo female figure like Psylocke or Batlady (Batwoman), maybe we can confirm if they're indeed 26cm.

Diana

Diana
Waiden wrote:I personally dislike both head sculpts. The smiling one is creepy and the normal one wants to see your manager. I would expect Rogue face to be sexy but whoever sculpted this failed. The figure itself is nice.

Thank you. That gave me a good laugh. Laughing
And I agree. Iconic Rogue is sassy and flirty in my mind.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Yikes.  If I’m Soo Soo Gambit, I’m looking for an escape route before wifey arrives.

csyeung

csyeung
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 34473510

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She seems to have come out well, Craig.

csyeung

csyeung
oops i should mention i dont have in hand yet, this was just a production shot shared on their social media. I do agree though, the final looks pretty good to me!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:oops i should mention i dont have in hand yet, this was just a production shot shared on their social media. I do agree though, the final looks pretty good to me!
Tease! Just kidding. It is promising -- pretty much indistinguishable from the prototype.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The boots look pretty clunky, but overall it looks good. Hope I actually get mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum