OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PRE ORDER on OneSixthKit.com

Cut off 8th Dec 2022
Available in Q4 2023
This link for Non-Refundable Deposit payment $50
Total price for GT007 is $264 and balance $214 will be charged once it is released
Total price for GT007UP is $300 and balance $250 will be charged once it is released
Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L
GT007 comes with regular figure body
GT007UP comes with half seamless body
For people who preorder both L and Yagami (no matter the regular or "UP" version, will auto upgrade to 2 pack with preorder gift "1/6 scale chest and handcuffs"

NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(5)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(9)-528x668

NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(3)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(2)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(15)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(14)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(13)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(11)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(12)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(10)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(4)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(41)-528x668
Cool-528x668.jpg" alt=""/>
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(7)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(6)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(5)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(45)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(43)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(42)-528x668
NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L DN%E6%8D%A9%E6%9A%AE%20(1)-528x668

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
And even more characters from Death Note

brassco

brassco
I love the unique hand sculpts of this character. Maybe some lollipop as props?

Diana

Diana
I'm crying internally. I really want this, but that's just me being greedy. I did enjoy the series a lot, but I never think of it unless I stumble over it. But the aesthetic is... NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L Icon_l18
$300... And if I were to get him then I'd have to get Light as well. Just... no. Crying or Very sad

I'll wait and see whether I get a Christmas bonus. I suppose selling this shouldn't be too hard if I change my mind... Neutral

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:I'm crying internally. I really want this, but that's just me being greedy. I did enjoy the series a lot, but I never think of it unless I stumble over it. But the aesthetic is... NEW PRODUCT: Gametoys GT007 / GT007UP 1/6 Scale Lawliet/L Icon_l18
$300... And if I were to get him then I'd have to get Light as well. Just... no. Crying or Very sad

I know, right?  If it was just Light, I think I would be okay to pass, but I really want L, and if I preorder L and don’t preorder Light, then I’ll decide I want Light a week after L arrives, and then Light will be sold out everywhere and going for $500 on eBay.  Sigh.

“Diana” wrote:I'll wait and see whether I get a Christmas bonus. I suppose selling this shouldn't be too hard if I change my mind... Neutral

Gametoys figures do appreciate very quickly based on their Final Fantasy figures.  Just sayin’.  😉

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:Gametoys figures do appreciate very quickly based on their Final Fantasy figures.  Just sayin’.  😉
Nail in the coffin. Laughing

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m probably going to preorder both when I get paid tomorrow. The moveable eyes have me a little spoked. More Plant Controller PTSD. The problem is that if you don’t get a preorder in on these Gametoys figures, they’re tough to come by. You really can’t play the waiting game. I do have some confidence based on the quality of their previous figures though.

I wonder if we’ll get Ryuk and Misa?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What happened with the ‘plant controller’ figure? You mentioned it before but I don’t recall what was so bad about it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m probably going to preorder both when I get paid tomorrow.  The moveable eyes have me a little spoked.  More Plant Controller PTSD.  The problem is that if you don’t get a preorder in on these Gametoys figures, they’re tough to come by.   You really can’t play the waiting game.  I do have some confidence based on the quality of their previous figures though.

I wonder if we’ll get Ryuk and Misa?

I got both of them in the cart. Getting ready to hit that button when my November salary comes in.

Movable eyes? Did I miss something? I don't see movable eyes here.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
skywalkersaga wrote:What happened with the ‘plant controller’ figure? You mentioned it before but I don’t recall what was so bad about it.

It was just a huge (and expensive) disappointment for me.  I know that you almost have to expect that the production version will be a step down from what you see in the promotional pics, but this was exceptionally bad, and the movable eyes didn’t help.  

Moveable eyes just look googly to me in general.  The Witch Hunters were able to get away with it.  The Plant Controller wasn’t.  I bought a Super Duck head to put on the Plant Controller’s body because I couldn’t stand to look at the one she came with.

Last year, I could afford to make 1/6 mistakes.  This year, l can’t.  I was really beating myself up for not being more patient and waiting for in hand pics.

That’s just me, though.  Others liked her.

Diana wrote:
I got both of them in the cart. Getting ready to hit that button when my November salary comes in.

Movable eyes? Did I miss something? I don't see movable eyes here.

I preordered both of them from Giantoy this morning.  I went with the standard bodies to save some money.  They’re fully dressed and they’ll stay that way, so I wouldn’t be getting any real benefit out of the semi-seamless bodies.

The movable eyes are in Giantoy’s description.  I’m not to worried about L because he has big googly eyes anyway, but I am a little concerned about Light.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:What happened with the ‘plant controller’ figure? You mentioned it before but I don’t recall what was so bad about it.

It was just a huge (and expensive) disappointment for me.  I know that you almost have to expect that the production version will be a step down from what you see in the promotional pics, but this was exceptionally bad, and the movable eyes didn’t help.  

Moveable eyes just look googly to me in general.  The Witch Hunters were able to get away with it.  The Plant Controller wasn’t.  I bought a Super Duck head to put on the Plant Controller’s body because I couldn’t stand to look at the one she came with.

Last year, I could afford to make 1/6 mistakes.  This year, l can’t.  I was really beating myself up for not being more patient and waiting for in hand pics.

That’s just me, though.  Others liked her.

Ah ok, thanks for explaining. I knew you were unhappy with it, but hadn't remembered the moveable eyes were part of the issue. Sorry for your disappointment. Hope the Super Duck head makes it more bearable, at least. ;p

And I totally get it, I can't really afford to throw money at 'unknowns' at the moment. I am only preordering Hot Toys for the foreseeable future, since it's the only time you can be reasonably guaranteed to get something fairly close to the promo pics.

The only other thing I could *maybe* see myself preordering sight-unseen are some of the upcoming 1/6 bodies, but even then I still prefer to get an in-hand review first.

For the sake of those who are into Death Note, I do hope these figures turn out well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Gametoys has received very positive reviews and feedback on their Final Fantasy figures. I know Cloud skyrocketed in price on the aftermarket almost immediately after release. I believe the others pre sold out fairly quickly, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to them.

So that gives me a little extra confidence…not to mention a little extra sense of urgency!

Diana

Diana
Oh SQUEE! Xavion, I understand your reservation about the movable eyes, which I now clearly see in the promos, too, which has me personally VERY excited and all the more committed to pre-ordering these.

Movable eyes are definitely hit and miss. Hot Toys has repeated shown that making them work has nothing to do with the size of the eyes. I have a Wondery head, which is abysmal, because the thickness of the "skin" around the eyes differs between the two eyes! Looks ridiculous!

But I love the movable eyes of both Witch Hunters, which were a good example of how it ought to be done, and these promo shots have me very hopeful, that that is the quality we can expect here.

davidd

davidd
Silica Gel body? Does this mean they won't need to include those little packets of silica gel beads in the carton for humidity control?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum