OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:32 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Q. To those on OneSixthFigures, do you own a 1/6th figure by VERYCOOL ?
Maybe you own more than one figure by VERYCOOL ?

I am interested to know what your honest opinion is when it comes to VERYCOOL products.

Knowing next to nothing about to VERYCOOL, i am assuming they are located in China, as searching on ebay, the best prices on VERYCOOL figures tend to be located in China. It appears that there are sellers outside of China (UK, USA etc) selling the same products, but at higher prices, implying they obviously have no choice but to charge higher prices to cover their own costs and make some profit.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

2VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty Re: VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:19 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I have several Verycool figures.  Some general thoughts/observations:

The bodies themselves are not seamless, only the torsos.   You’ll notice that if there’s skin showing, it’s usually cleavage or midriffs.   The nipples on the breasts can be obnoxious depending on the clothing.  The Jenners are a good example of this.  Although not seamless, I find the bodies to be well made and have had no issues with breakage.

The head sculpts are beautiful, and the rooted hair is probably the best I’ve seen in 1/6.

The clothing is high quality and very well tailored.  Accessories made out of cloth or pleather such as ammo bags and backpacks are also exceptionally well made.

Where they often fall short is on the weapons and hard plastic accessories (like holsters) which are usually made by Dam Toys. My first Verycool figure, Kerr, was a hot mess in that respect.  I had several small parts break on me, and had to glue several other pieces on/together.  I finally gave up and outfitted her with E&S weapons and gear.

Overall, I would say Verycool is one of the safest bets in 1/6, especially if you’re more of a collector like me and tend to leave your figures in their original outfits.   Because the clothing is so well tailored for the individual figures/bodies, kitbashing is going to be a little more challenging than what you may be accustomed to with figures on standard TBLeague bodies.

3VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty Re: VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:13 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Actually, both of you pretty much covered it. If you were to remove the clothes to use a different body, just know that if you went entirely seamless, you may end up having to use a smaller TBL body.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. C8485110

4VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty Re: VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If I'm not mistaken, VeryCool is a manifestation of DAM Toys; the late DeltaForceChung knew all of these alter-egos of the companies, but he is regrettably no longer around to confirm this, and I don't have a mind/memory for such things.

In my experience, which is fairly limited, but includes both male and female sets, VeryCool is indeed very cool -- or at least pretty cool.

5VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty Re: VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:36 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
VeryCool and DamToys are some of the more reliable 1/6 scale companies in my (limited) experience, at least in terms of overall quality. Like anything, one might have some complaints here and there, but usually the heads (particularly of VeryCool female figures) are fairly close to the promos.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Empty Re: VERYCOOL 1/6 scale figures. Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:47 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Just been reading all the replies. Thank you all very much Smile
By the sounds of things, they are decent in their own way, probably different to Hot Toys 1/6 figures.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum