OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
Realistic double-faced head carving Head Sculpt x 1
Steel bone covered girl body (hybrid teenage body with metal skeleton) x 1
Uniform x 1
Skirt x 1
Bow tie Tie x 1
Panties x 1
Socks x 1
Student Shoes Shoes x 1
Hands x 1

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 01111
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 02114
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 03109
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 04106
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 05105
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 06103
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 07101
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 0899
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 0998
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl 1093

Ovy

Ovy
And that's not your regular Super Duck sculpt.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Interesting how these companies always come up with similar things at the same time. Smile

I like Horror and haunted stuff, but I think two seperate heads would be better. But it is novel at least.

Diana

Diana
Ovy wrote:And that's not your regular Super Duck sculpt.
Laughing

I think the YMToys version works far better, especially since they also show in a photo that the "other" face also works. But of course SD are more reliable when it comes to production quality matching the prototype.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Beyond bizarre! I like horror , but this is too 'body horror' for me, I'd be grossed out looking at it every time. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
Also very creepy!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, funny how they can't keep looking at their own paper. This one is creepier than the YM one, which might be what fans of it might appreciate better.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hahaha, OK.

I know it wouldn't be true to the source, but if this was two separate heads I might seriously consider buying.

side note from under the radar: I actually really like those hands

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Diana wrote:I think the YMToys version works far better.... But of course SD are more reliable when it comes to production quality matching the prototype.

This.

As we know, YM's end products aren't necessarily inferior to the promos (although a few most definitely are), they're just different. Sometimes they're even nicer than the promos.

But in an expensive hobby compulsion like this, it's always far too big a gamble.

blackpool

blackpool
It's based on an old 80-90's manga titled TOMIE, the main character being a mean spirit schoolgirl named Tomie Kawakami, concept being every time she gets wounded, a full clone of her body grows from the wound, a bit like a lizard regenerates its tail... Very horrific, very original as well (japanese are very talented at horror creations)

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET085 Horror girl Flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8

davidd

davidd
blackpool wrote:It's based on an old 80-90's manga titled TOMIE....

So... why now for this release, would be my question? And from two manufacturers simultaneously?

Is there an anime version, or a re-make, or a movie in production?

Ah... an Internet search reveals that several movies were released between 1998 - 2011, a two-part TV (or streaming, sources I found are unclear) version was released in 2018, and a possible web streaming series was announced in 2020. So apparently it is a cult fave with relatively current installments via theatrical films and streaming series.

Adeno

I love Tomie! I wish they would make a "normal" Tomie head, with her iconic mole present. I still want to get this one so my Sadako will have a horror friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum