OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dressing And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52587249918_1f6896fb57_b
_DSC0042 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I'll be honest:  I'm a fan of anime...especially the very sexy kind.  When TBLeague announced it's first anime figures, I was delighted, though it was a while before I purchased one. However as much as I love the figures, TBLeague has done the same thing with their anime figures as they did with their S24-27 figures, which is to fail to support them with appropriately sized clothing lines. Moreover, since the hands and feet were smaller than other figures they failed to consider molding the hands, especially the weapons grips hands with a more open grip that would allow them to hold many of the weapons made in 1/6 scale.  I'll admit that I loved the yellow and white molded rubber bikini that came with my S36 figure, but these break at the stress points after a short time, just from being worn. Needless to say, that just about any footwear you find will be oversize.  

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52586255762_1e7334f326_b
_DSC0046 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

[My very first TBLEAGUE figure however was an S24, which is a smaller figure and I had some prior experience fitting this figure, which I now use  as Kamikos Niece Michiko, with clothing.  The most difficult part of which was taking in her shorts so that they would fit her slender body. Though I did a passable job I did not want to repeat the experience, so when the lovely yellow bikini on my S36 broke, I ordered a cheap but functional white bikini from an ebay dealer in Hong Kong. Later, I decided to put it on another figure for a particular project and tried to paint (yes paint) the bikini to have the lizard camouflage of French paratroop uniforms of the 1950's - 1970's. I succeeded with the bottom, but botched the top and was still left without a top for my S36 body.  

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52586991704_24dc67d735_b
_DSC0053 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Then I looked to my S24  / Michiko figure which was wearing a desert camo hoodie with the sleeves shortened, and which I found worked well because of the stretchy nature of the fabric.  It was parted out from the Pisces Nana figure or Pisces Lucy figures from a couple of years back.  I forget which.  These were long gone from Monkey Depot where I buy most of my parted out kit, but by good fortune, I found another on ebay and immediately bought it.  I did the same thing as with Michiko's and cut the sleeves down to well above the elbow. You can judge for yourselves how good it looks, but i think it looks great, and the stretchy material covers the figure's large bust while showing ample cleavage.  

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52587169220_0470a66fc6_b
_DSC0058 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I also realized that belts for holsters or magazine pouches would be a nightmare to fit to one of these figures, and even if successful, would likely be way oversized. This being said, I'd recently changed Laura Neville's drop leg holster for a belt holster, and it was easy to fit to this figure by running the bikini string through the top loop of the holster, eliminating the need for a belt.  The Glock pistol. because of it's grip angle, actually fit the figure's hand reasonably well, if not perfectly.  Finally, my WWII German Mauser K98K rifles with their slim grips and fores stocks fit the figure's hands nicely, thought he rifle is a bit long for a figure this tall. I might try to replace it with something else...and then again, maybe not.  Only time will tell.

I have yet to find any footwear that looks right on this figure.  Even Michiko's boots (the foot sizes are the same for the S24 and S36) are and look somewhat oversized.  But one problem at the time, right?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think you did a pretty good job, Gary. This all sounds like a lot of trial and error, much like the first TBL/Phicen’s when they first started being used for bashing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Heh.. one problem after another.. looking good all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
Have you tried one of your miniature PPK pistols with the smaller hands?

Does Secret Agent Girl have a name yet? Or just... a number? Razz

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Have you tried one of your miniature PPK pistols with the smaller hands?

Does Secret Agent Girl have a name yet? Or just... a number? Razz

The PPK does not fit well because of size and angle of the grip. It was the first one i tried. A Japanese Nambu would probably be perfect, if somewhat bizarrely exotic.

The Luger also has the right grip angle, but the grip is too big for this tiny hand.

I have not given her a name yet. i welcome suggestions.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
And now, posing with a Luger, which has a similar grip angle to the Glock

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52588630125_13e8ed4596_b
_DSC0003-1 copy by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52588597175_2f1fd66c9b_b
_DSC0002 copy by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52588427404_37acee94f9_b
_DSC0022 copy by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52588517299_82ec81e45e_b
The Jig Is UP by Gary Menten, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully shot. And I feel your pain, as to outfitting these figures properly (or even improperly).

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully shot. And I feel your pain, as to outfitting these figures properly (or even improperly).

It would be awesome if TBLeague had the sort of mentality to support their products by producing and selling carded clothing sets for their smaller figures.

9Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   Empty A little more progress Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:09 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52595058211_a49fe3be54_b
Hoshi 0095 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52594571697_1a1790b8f9_b
Hoshi_0102 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52595481610_35e9832365_b
Hoshi_0110 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52595542485_e690504e20_b
20221230_0150 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52595119586_bb7d504f7c_b
20221230_0154 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Continuing to experiment with this figure and her wardrobe, gear and weapons, I have re-armed her with an M4 carbine and have her carry a spare magazine using molle clips clipped to her bikini strings. Though this minimizes the profile of the gear, accentuating the body form, It's not very realistic to think that a bikini string would be enough to hold up two fully loaded magazines. I consequently devised a bikini and belt system for her, which are shown below.

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52597237979_a89a3bf44e_b
20221230_0200 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52597406350_90dff24265_b
20221230_0205 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52597406180_8bc412f7f2_b
20221230_0210 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52597237544_fcef420b06_b
20221230_0216 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dressing  And Equipping TBLeague Anime Figures...or any of their smaller figures.   52597237424_da64b6eabe_b
20221230_0224 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum