OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Empty Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:08 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Basically I have a Warforged D&D character I’d love to bring to life in 1/6 and I think an Iron Man fig would be the best starting point. I’d be doing a lot of customising so ideally something cheap and easy to work with like plastic would be the dream, as long as it has decent articulation. I’m assuming there’s some 1/6 sized toys that might fit the bill but I’m not savvy enough with all the different versions to find anything.

I know there’s approximately sixty billion Hot Toys versions now, but I have a budget of like, £50 at the absolute max so that’s not happening, lol Laughing
Even knockoffs I’d be happy with tbh, I’m just looking for a nice poseable robot body in that kind of modular style. (Hopefully not too much to ask lol)

Any ideas?

csyeung

csyeung
Disney store Iron men could be a cheaper option but they're not very detailed.

As for HT Iron man figures, they can be pricey. You can maybe get incomplete parts in the bst groups for cheaper, especially the earlier versions (ex MMS 123) which were plastic. Also there were older Ironman figures that suffered from the "pink panty" issue where the crotch section faded in color when exposed to sun. You could probably snag one for cheaper if there was this issue as it happened to most of them.

You'd have to be careful with the K/0s as a lot of them are just recasts of the Hot toys figures but they are statues and have no articulation at all.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Christine, there is a line of knockoff Ironmen by Hoc Hoi. They are not half bad, and are articulated (in some instances perhaps just as well as the HT versions), but I don't know to what extent they are still findable and available. Here is one of them:

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Hhim0110

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Hhim0210

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Hhim0310

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Hhim0410

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? Hhim0510

And here is a Keyboard Warriors review of one of them:

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ooooh that would be ideal! I’ll need to have a hunt!
I’ve only played this character once (and he died by getting thrown into lava by the BBEG 😂) but I really want to resurrect him and play again and having him as a figure would be really fun. Essentially they’re the hive mind consciousness of a Warforged army that ‘woke up’ in a damaged drone shell centuries after their last battle, and are all overgrown with plants and moss which has given them druidic powers. I thought it’d be a fun twist having a mechanical being having nature powers, and I’ve got lots of photoshoot ideas, I just need the body to work from!

Here’s his concept on HeroForge (which is a great way of designing characters btw!) and my own artwork. Sorry the images are so huge, I tried uploading them smaller but the forum isn’t cooperating with me today. 😩

Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? F8554710
Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? E1c06510
Cheap Iron Man figure recommendations? 733b2810

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting look and character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum