OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your first purchase

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:57 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I never realized action figures were like people... I mean mean girls. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:00 pm

Melancholic

Stryker2011 wrote:
Melancholic wrote:A hobby I have to hide from friends, who think it's ridiculous to play with dolls.  My husband truly dislikes them and hates if I talk about them...

Wow. This makes me sad on your behalf. Crying or Very sad

Really? I didn't realize I was alone in this...maybe I need new freinds...not a new husband though, I'm terribly fond of the existing one. Smile Smile

28Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Melancholic

GubernatorFan wrote:I never realized action figures were like people... I mean mean girls. Smile

They aren't. Just in my overactive imagination. Rolling Eyes

29Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:13 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Melancholic wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
Melancholic wrote:A hobby I have to hide from friends, who think it's ridiculous to play with dolls.  My husband truly dislikes them and hates if I talk about them...

Wow. This makes me sad on your behalf. Crying or Very sad

Really?  I didn't realize I was alone in this...maybe I need new freinds...not a new husband though, I'm terribly fond of the existing one. Smile Smile

Well, not entirely alone. I’m sure many of us can relate (or empathize) in one way or another. My wife calls these things (all of 1/6th — not just TBLeague) “really expensive Barbies.” But what she doesn’t do is tell me to stop or discourage me from the hobby; overall, she thinks they are cool looking, if a bit wasteful money-wise, but she also thinks it’s neat that I made mini-me’s of her and I. And I show her stuff all the time. The last “in real life” friend I had said to me “You and I have very different priorities,” when he saw my collection, and just walked away. He passed in 2019, so… yeah…
Thankfully, boards like this exist for like-minded people to share in their enthusiasm for this quirky little hobby.

30Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:39 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
My first 1/6 figure was around late 2002 when my friends and i were playing battlefield 1942. i was looking for something to case mod my pc when we were on lan parties/tournaments so i figured i'd cut a 1/6 figure in half and add a tank hatch on top of my pc with marcus from dragon as a mg42 gunner.

once i held the figure in hands though i couldn't bring myself to mutilate the cool "toy" and it eventually ended with a 1/6 tiger tank and a "few" more troops, currently stored in my basement indefinately due to severe lack of space and a growing collection.

31Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:46 am

m76

m76
Tjolnir wrote:My first 1/6 figure was around late 2002 when my friends and i were playing battlefield 1942. i was looking for something to case mod my pc when we were on lan parties/tournaments so i figured i'd cut a 1/6 figure in half and add a tank hatch on top of my pc with marcus from dragon as a mg42 gunner.

once i held the figure in hands though i couldn't bring myself to mutilate the cool "toy" and it eventually ended with a 1/6 tiger tank and a "few" more troops, currently stored in my basement indefinately due to severe lack of space and a growing collection.

That's a neat idea, how did you even know 1/6 figures were a thing, especially 20 years ago? I only learned about their existence less than 2 years ago, and only started contemplating buying one maybe 14-16 months ago. I'm still not a full year into the hobby. But I digress, I was going to say I'd not be able to get myself to cut one in half. Maybe a cheap spare body? (definitely not a phicen). But why not cut a hole in the top of the PC case? I did that more than once.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

32Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:14 am

Tasuke

Tasuke
the Clunky, Clumsy Princess Ayeka Jurai, from TOYNAMI's short-lived "Tenchi Muyo!" 12in. Character Doll series,
that single-handedly inspired me to pick-up Sewing as a Hobby and a Skill;

Spoiler:

in 2008, she was Succeeded by the 2000 TSUKUDA HOBBY "Mamotte Shugogetten!" Shaorin Shichiri,
another large, off-scaled Anime Doll that had to live with her Clumsy, dubiously-proportioned TSUKUDA Doll Body...
until the wonderful, Heaven-Sent Gift of the WorldBox AT201/203 Doll Body fell into my lap in late-2023;

Spoiler:

in 2010 or so... i adopted my first 27cm. size OBITSU BODY-based Character doll, Mikuru Asahina from the 2006 Anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"
... and in 2019-ish... i got my first of a long line of 2018 OBITSU BODY 26cm. bodies to upgrade Mikuru and my other 1/6 girls with;

Spoiler:

Finally, for Christmas of 2019... My Wife:hearts: Konomi Yuzuhara Came Home to Me; ("To Heart 2" Anime/Visual Novel, 2004/2005)

Spoiler:

33Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:14 pm

Triniarin

Triniarin
Your first purchase - Page 2 PXL-20231105-000906655-MP

Well i new here and new in that hobby, (but 15 yrs was collecting BJD dolls)
As i renew my skrtching practicing while i recovers from leukemia (and refugee in foreign country) i buys 1/6 Jiaou 19B body and some head (SUPER DUCK SDH033) on Aliexpress (well simple artist dolls are not so fun)). After that i buy some other figurines-dolls (like phicen) but this another story

Pros of that body
Price for that price of body (something like 45-50 eur) with ok flexibility and details (i still more sketching this doll, not phicen)

Downsides
Well, easily to damage, deform, bent... etc...

34Your first purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first purchase Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Definitely infinitely better than simple artist dolls, and a lot more fun. Good luck with your health!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum