OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
You are very welcome. I hope the wig you get works better than mine. Or you can always use loose hair like I did. I noticed you were looking for the Phoenix Girl (or whatever that set was called) -- I did too, but was discouraged by the combination of difficulty locating it, the price, and the fact that it looked even less than Famke Janssen than this.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Pontiacivan

Pretty cool man! It's great to see you doing a mod like this. I hope to see more of this figure soon!

BAD WOLF-787

Very Cool!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Pretty cool man! It's great to see you doing a mod like this. I hope to see more of this figure soon!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Cool!

Thank you very much, guys. To tell the truth, I got distracted by many other things, and haven't finished the figure. I have to dig it out from wherever it ended up during the Great Move, anyway.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Matt.s99

GubernatorFan wrote:You are very welcome. I hope the wig you get works better than mine. Or you can always use loose hair like I did. I noticed you were looking for the Phoenix Girl (or whatever that set was called) -- I did too, but was discouraged by the combination of difficulty locating it, the price, and the fact that it looked even less than Famke Janssen than this.
yeah, it’s not the greatest likeness (paint wise, I see it in the sculpt and think a likeness can be brought out if painted correctly) but I love the overall figure.

Matt.s99

Here is my repaint. The current body I have is a bit too small, so I’m looking to get something with broader shoulders so her head doesn’t look so big. Not bad for my first ever custom, I think.
custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 E66ca710custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 3c427a10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good for a first attempt, Matt. Painting at this size is not my strong suit anymore — I wear bI-vocals, and still have to use powerful magnifying cip-on lenses just to see these things, so I can appreciate anyone’s efforts. I do agree she needs a different body to give her less of the over-sized head look. Maybe someday we’ll get lucky and someone will make a Famke Jansen head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, though you are right a bigger body would make it look better. The Sideshow head is indeed unusually large, not to mention the imperfect likeness of the sculpt -- but that's what we've got so far.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice job! You already made a big improvement on the original!

And re: the oversized head, this is where the larger-sized tbleague bodies might come in handy. They are pricier than a plastic/jointed 1/6 body, but I bet the wider shoulders on them would help a bit with the bobble head issue. Though, as GF noted, it might require further modding to the head to make it compatible with the tbleague body.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Matt.s99

I’ve put in a bid on eBay for a TBLeague body, so I hope that works out. I definitely think it will make it look a lot better.
I actually think the sculpt/likeness isn’t bad, it just needs a good paint job to get there.
But still, I do hope we get a proper Jean one day.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unless it’s a really low bid, I’d take a look at Giantoy.com — they have the lowest rates for TBL bodies that I can see, and their prices include free shipping.

Allotropos

Allotropos
i think once you replace the bod, she'll look fantastic !
overall very cool mods !

blackpool

blackpool
She's is gorgeous, great work on the headsculpt!!!

Matt.s99

Thanks, everyone! Waiting on the upgraded body to ship now. I’ll post photos once I get it!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn man, that's a hell of a job on that head! Paint and hair especially looks really great!

Matt.s99

Hey everyone!
Since the last time I posted, I gave my Jean Grey custom quite a makeover.
I got her a better body with broader shoulders to offset the larger scaled head, fixed her hair, and did some touch ups to the face. I’m still keeping an eye out for a proper X uniform for her. But for now this will do.

custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 536ee210
custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 24686f10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a vast improvement. She’s looking better and better.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the improvement is definite, and the overall look is completely appropriate for the character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, she looks really good -- very nice upgrade!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Matt.s99

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind words.
Once she gets a proper uniform, she will be complete.
Currently working on some other X-men to build up the team

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They both look great, I've also started to look into making some heads with hair but I've yet to take the plunge, maybe later on I'll make a Fabio or something similar. 😶

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! custom - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 1f60e

Diana

Diana
This and certain other threads here have inspired me to buy a bunch of Vallejo colors... It's happening! I'll do it!

Thank you! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum