OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

After a few alt history bashes I felt I had done all the figures I wanted but were did this idea come from anyway? why alt history? Well I've always liked alt history stuff, it's interesting though most of it deals with WWII or WWI or other conflicts and almost none of it has anything about Puerto Rico. My inspiration for this started with Man in the High Castle, I enjoyed the series but also became curious about other places that weren't the continental US, what about Puerto Rico? what about the nationalists? Surely they probably allied themselves if promised independence right? Well there's not a lot of information about that which lead me to originally create an axis allied nationalist figure and figure out a rebel or freedom fighter, from there however I started to stray further away from the Man in the high castle universe.

While the series universe helped start my setting I ultimately wanted to do my own thing, free from having to keep things in universe and thus this universe was born. In order to create it I started to read about guns, who used them did, they end up on this side of the world? How did people view the politics of the time?, all of that in relation to PR and the time period in which I was going to set it all in and while keeping it realistic. Ultimately I learned a lot from looking such things and discovered quite a few things I didn't know, for example the 1939 visit of the German ship Meteor to P.R, I also used other sources that weren't related to Germany such as volunteers in the Spanish civil war both to the republic and the nationalist, overall a very complicated topic that involves not just politics but society at the time and the changing of views.
With all that said let's get straight to the links, posted in no specific order but hopefully in somewhat of an orderly fashion... if that makes sense.
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] R2aBP8e
Infantryman, Republic of Puerto Rico
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] Lj3l4nx
Sailor, Republic of Puerto Rico
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] DviOvsG
Infantryman, Republic of Puerto Rico, 1920's
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] XLsq5Zp
Batallón de Cazadores, Republic of Puerto Rico
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] 0Tu6erD
Pilot, Republic of Puerto Rico
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] XJwIgPf
Naval Infantryman
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] VvjUpYF
Light Machine Gunner
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] JGH57QO
Policeman, National Police of Puerto Rico
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] T1jTlNy
Civil Defense Volunteer
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] OcUwUeL
Officer, Civil Defense
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] 0fOFZ6V
Paratrooper during the 1986 Revolt

The Alt-History of the Alt-History, set in the 1916!

BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] HtQtC7W
Infantryman, 1916
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] TjZC5Im
Cavalryman, 1916
BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] X9VJc1j
Sailor, 1916

And with this I consider my alt-history series to be officially done, until I reboot it hopefully with more lens flare!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] 1f60e

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great work, you can be proud of. It is always cool to have an idea, then a project and doing the execution. Now you have a great collection of alt history characters.
Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice collection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, and now that there are so many of them, nice to assemble them in one place, with links to the relevant posts.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic! They all look so detailed, and well, perfect, really! Thanks for sharing!

Ovy

Ovy
This door has seen it all, it has witnessed war and peace, hope and despair, change, development, the loss of traditions, 80s hairstyles and uncounted people looking for a door knob.

Glad you got your alt history organized, it's more figures than I would have thought, but that also happens when anyone here counts their collection. And I now can read what opinion I had on them when you presented them first. I think I mostly talk about your down to earth historical approach, the believable choices of equipment and that door, which won't change soon I guess.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Valiarde wrote:Great work, you can be proud of. It is always cool to have an idea, then a project and doing the execution. Now you have a great collection of alt history characters.
Smile
Thanks Valiarder! I'm very pleased with these guys, probably the most accurate "historical" thing I will ever do.
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice collection.
Thanks Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, and now that there are so many of them, nice to assemble them in one place, with links to the relevant posts.
Thanks Gubernator!
BAMComix wrote:Fantastic! They all look so detailed, and well, perfect, really! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks BAM! Glad you liked them all.

Ovy wrote:This door has seen it all, it has witnessed war and peace, hope and despair, change, development, the loss of traditions, 80s hairstyles and uncounted people looking for a door knob.

Glad you got your alt history organized, it's more figures than I would have thought, but that also happens when anyone here counts their collection. And I now can read what opinion I had on them when you presented them first. I think I mostly talk about your down to earth historical approach, the believable choices of equipment and that door, which won't change soon I guess.
Thanks Ovy, this door has also seen its fair share of tumbles, its a miracle it ain't broken yet. as for the door knob... it's a wireless door.

You said it yourself, I thought I hadn't made this many alt history figures, I was quite surprised. And by the way, I'm already working on improving the door, at least adding some more details like a non wireless door knob.  BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] 1f606

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! BooBomb's Alt history thread compilation [For the Motherland!] 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Very cool idea! Love all the figures and how they depict a real life interesting adoption of diverse gear! Still using a German M40/2 WW2 helmet in 1986 was fascinating! At first I was shocked to see a 'WW2' German soldier with an M16! Laughing Then I read the title underneath...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum