OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Matt.s99

Here is my repaint. The current body I have is a bit too small, so I’m looking to get something with broader shoulders so her head doesn’t look so big. Not bad for my first ever custom, I think.
sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 E66ca710sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 3c427a10

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks pretty good for a first attempt, Matt. Painting at this size is not my strong suit anymore — I wear bI-vocals, and still have to use powerful magnifying cip-on lenses just to see these things, so I can appreciate anyone’s efforts. I do agree she needs a different body to give her less of the over-sized head look. Maybe someday we’ll get lucky and someone will make a Famke Jansen head sculpt.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very nicely done, though you are right a bigger body would make it look better. The Sideshow head is indeed unusually large, not to mention the imperfect likeness of the sculpt -- but that's what we've got so far.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Nice job! You already made a big improvement on the original!

And re: the oversized head, this is where the larger-sized tbleague bodies might come in handy. They are pricier than a plastic/jointed 1/6 body, but I bet the wider shoulders on them would help a bit with the bobble head issue. Though, as GF noted, it might require further modding to the head to make it compatible with the tbleague body.

Matt.s99

I’ve put in a bid on eBay for a TBLeague body, so I hope that works out. I definitely think it will make it look a lot better.
I actually think the sculpt/likeness isn’t bad, it just needs a good paint job to get there.
But still, I do hope we get a proper Jean one day.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unless it’s a really low bid, I’d take a look at Giantoy.com — they have the lowest rates for TBL bodies that I can see, and their prices include free shipping.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 C8485110

Allotropos

Allotropos
i think once you replace the bod, she'll look fantastic !
overall very cool mods !

blackpool

blackpool
She's is gorgeous, great work on the headsculpt!!!

Matt.s99

Thanks, everyone! Waiting on the upgraded body to ship now. I’ll post photos once I get it!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn man, that's a hell of a job on that head! Paint and hair especially looks really great!

Matt.s99

Hey everyone!
Since the last time I posted, I gave my Jean Grey custom quite a makeover.
I got her a better body with broader shoulders to offset the larger scaled head, fixed her hair, and did some touch ups to the face. I’m still keeping an eye out for a proper X uniform for her. But for now this will do.

sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 536ee210
sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 24686f10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a vast improvement. She’s looking better and better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the improvement is definite, and the overall look is completely appropriate for the character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, she looks really good -- very nice upgrade!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Matt.s99

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind words.
Once she gets a proper uniform, she will be complete.
Currently working on some other X-men to build up the team

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They both look great, I've also started to look into making some heads with hair but I've yet to take the plunge, maybe later on I'll make a Fabio or something similar. 😶

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! sideshow - Customized Famke Janssen/Jean Grey/Phoenix head - Page 2 1f60e

Diana

Diana
This and certain other threads here have inspired me to buy a bunch of Vallejo colors... It's happening! I'll do it!

Thank you! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum