OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just because.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just because.  Empty Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:12 pm

Slq32

Slq32

2Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. Excellent work and amazing presentation. It feels so real, despite the surreal feel of the flashing lights over the frozen characters. Of course one would love to see clearer shots of your figures, but this was a different, immersive artistic experience.

3Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! That stage is amazing. And awesome light show. (As a side note, a female friend of mine did the artwork for one of their albums).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Just because.  C8485110

4Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:10 pm

davidd

davidd
The stage setting is impressively realistic. The figure posing... rocks!

5Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Slq32

Slq32
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Excellent work and amazing presentation. It feels so real, despite the surreal feel of the flashing lights over the frozen characters. Of course one would love to see clearer shots of your figures, but this was a different, immersive artistic experience.
Thank you. If you watch it with headphones cranked it's very realistic. This was a test video. The lights were not programmed specifically for this song. I only made some chase's that i ran while taking video. I took the video with my I pad so it's not that great. The stage is disassembled as i have just moved. I will be rebuilding a new larger stage soon

6Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Slq32 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. Excellent work and amazing presentation. It feels so real, despite the surreal feel of the flashing lights over the frozen characters. Of course one would love to see clearer shots of your figures, but this was a different, immersive artistic experience.
Thank you. If you watch it with headphones cranked it's very realistic. This was a test video. The lights were not programmed specifically for this song. I only made some chase's that i ran while taking video. I took the video with my I pad so it's not that great. The stage is disassembled as i have just moved. I will be rebuilding a new larger stage soon
Sweet, would love to see that too. Although I don't really think you need a larger stage -- this works beautifully. Even if the lights weren't specifically timed for the song, I think they still worked very well. One thing that you could do to make your next video even more evocative, is build up a crowd for the audience (and if you already have a bunch of heads and bodies, you certainly wouldn't need to spend too much time worrying about details, as one would just see a sea of heads outlined by the lights).

7Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm

Slq32

Slq32
Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow! That stage is amazing. And awesome light show. (As a side note, a female friend of mine did the artwork for one of their albums).
Thank you. That's awesome. I am a lighting designer. I have done shows for Train, LL Cool J, 50c and many others. This show is DMX controlled with real lightning board (cheap one). Just some random chases. Once i rebuild i will program tailored shows to specific music.

8Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Slq32

Slq32
LOL i was thinking about that but just 2d silhouettes 
GubernatorFan wrote:
Slq32 wrote:
Sweet, would love to see that too. Although I don't really think you need a larger stage -- this works beautifully. Even if the lights weren't specifically timed for the song, I think they still worked very well. One thing that you could do to make your next video even more evocative, is build up a crowd for the audience (and if you already have a bunch of heads and bodies, you certainly wouldn't need to spend too much time worrying about details, as one would just see a sea of heads outlined by the lights).

9Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:04 am

Illusion

Illusion
very cool - what an impressive set up!

10Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:16 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Applause! Very cool! cheers

11Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:05 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
I dont know what else can be said that other members have not already but I will try : WOW

The stage and lighting is magnificent and I daresay if the figures weren't placed there and we just saw a shot of the stage and the lighting doing it's thing, one could easily mistake it for a 1:1 stage!

my hats off to you!

12Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:40 am

Diana

Diana
Wooooow, that was amazing!!! What an awesome project. Love the presentation, the lights, the posing,... feels very real. Very Happy

13Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:50 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
This is really convincing. Especially static shots.
I wouldn't have thought it was done with figures if I've seen it elsewhere.

14Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:31 pm

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Insane,.....just insane.....that's the only word I can say....
those lightings are impressive.....if somehow action figure can controlled by remote motor you certainly can do yourself a concert movie

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

15Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah wow, this is so amazing! Agree with all the other comments, what a creative presentation of your figures. And how fun to use your lighting expertise for 1/6 scale diorama! Thank you for sharing this unique project, looking forward to seeing more!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

16Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:42 pm

Slq32

Slq32
Steve the lighting designer working hard setting up pre showJust because.  Dc182c10
Just because.  C0c3a610
Just because.  Ddbb7f10

17Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like these "in progress" photos.

18Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:32 pm

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I always love behind the scenes.....and they look very concentrate on their work, you nailed their posing very well, fantastic

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

19Just because.  Empty Re: Just because. Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:49 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very clever!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum