OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: UJINDOU: 1/6 Vietnam War - U.S. Army Special Operations Group (MACV SOG) Action Figure #UD9021

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A nice set, something difference. The accessories look very good (though I'm no expert). Ujindou's heads sometimes have that uncanny valley quality, but not too bad.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
It’s not quite there, but I believe this is based on Charlie Sheen’s character from Platoon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ujindou - NEW PRODUCT: UJINDOU: 1/6 Vietnam War - U.S. Army Special Operations Group (MACV SOG) Action Figure #UD9021 1f10

Talon65

Yeah, I see some resemblance to Charlie Sheen as well.
It has some nice stuff that I have not seen done before like the M3 with silencer, those mag pouches and the machete.

Ranger208

Stryker2012 wrote:It’s not quite there, but I believe this is based on Charlie Sheen’s character from Platoon.

Looks like Charlie Sheen mixed with Flannel Daddy aka Garand Thumb

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now that you guys mention them, I can kinda see it.

Chip

Is this a pre order or already out ?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
PO. OSK has it up right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ujindou - NEW PRODUCT: UJINDOU: 1/6 Vietnam War - U.S. Army Special Operations Group (MACV SOG) Action Figure #UD9021 1f10

Chip

Sorry who is OSK ?

O.K found it , thanks Mark .

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Sorry for the late reply. Onesixthkit for anyone else. Glad you figured it out, Chip.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Hmm, thats a very odd mix of gear. The Uniform looks like the OG502 uniform that was worn stateside, and I dont know if MACV/SOG ever wore those during missions, because they were among the first to get the OG107 jungle utilities uniform. The rest of the gear looks spot-on tho. Definitely going to get me some of the parts when its parted out.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Nice looking figure, but the uniform really is t correct. As pointed out, this wasn’t worn out there. But I’ll look for any photos. The silenced M3 is very nice and nice looking boots. It’s always nice and very welcome to see new nam figures

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Skippy

ZeroDelta wrote:Hmm, thats a very odd mix of gear. The Uniform looks like the OG502 uniform that was worn stateside, and I dont know if MACV/SOG ever wore those during missions, because they were among the first to get the OG107 jungle utilities uniform. The rest of the gear looks spot-on tho. Definitely going to get me some of the parts when its parted out.

lurpdog101 wrote:Nice looking figure, but the uniform really is t correct. As pointed out, this wasn’t worn out there. But I’ll look for any photos. The silenced M3 is very nice and nice looking boots. It’s always nice and very welcome to see new nam figures

It's a 'sterile' CISO uniform, which was designed to be worn during clandestine and deniable operations in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. The North Vietnamese were using Laos as a staging area, but it was technically illegal for the US to conduct operations there.

CISO

The Counterinsurgency Support Office was established on Okinawa in 1963 to supply clothing, weapons and equipment to Special Forces operating in Vietnam. Principally run by Ben Baker, the office issued standard and untraceable (sterile) gear as well as locally developed items such as the bolo knife, the indigenous rucksack, tiger stripe fatigues and Viet Cong style black pajamas.

http://www.vietnamgear.com/dictionary.aspx?s=ciso#:~:text=The%20Counterinsurgency%20Support%20Office%20was,Special%20Forces%20operating%20in%20Vietnam.

https://sofrep.com/news/sogs-q-named-honorary-member-sf-regiment/

UD9021 U.S. Army Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Recon Team 1-0, Laos, 1967

COSTUME:
1. 1X CISO Cross-border Combat Uniform (Green)
2. 1X GI undershirt
3. 1PAIR Jungle boots
4. 1X M1956 Suspenders
5. 1X M1956 Pistol belt
6. 1X CISO sterile mag pouch
7. 2X CISO ammo pouch
8. 1X CISO rucksack
9. 1X M2 Jungle first aid kit case
10. 1X M1956 First aid/compass pouch
11. 4X M1956 water canteen cover
12. 1X Strobe light pouch
13. 1X CISO recon knife sheath
14. 1X CISO bolo knife canvas sheath
15. 1X Triangle bandage
16. 1X M3A1 hand guard

NEW BOND HEAD SCULPTURE
BODY W/ RELAXED HANDS

PALMS:
1 . 1 Pair gun holding hands

ACCESSORIES:
17. 4X kettle M1956 water canteen
18. 1X M18 smoke bomb white
19. 1X M18 smoke bomb violet
20. 1X M18 smoke bomb yellow
21. 1X M18 smoke bomb red
22. 2X M26 grenades
23. 2X M127A1 signal flare
24. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades red
25. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades yellow
26. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades green
27. 1X XM166 mini smoke grenades white
28. 1X SDU5E survival strobe light
29. 1X SOG CISO recon knife
30. 1X Bolo knife
31. 1X GI whistle
32. 1X Seiko watch
33. 2X O rings

34. 2X Friendly/loyalty bracelets
35. 1X Tape

WEAPONS:
36. 1X M3A1 submachine gun with silencer
37. 4X M3A1 magazines
38. 1X M3A1 submachine gun sling

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ohh, interesting, that makes sense. Thanks for the information.

Skippy

ZeroDelta wrote:Ohh, interesting, that makes sense. Thanks for the information.

No problem.

The second link is an interesting read on Ben Baker and CISO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum