OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural, and Sheev PalpatineTM is the most infamous follower of its doctrines. Living a double life, he was a NabooTM Senator and also as Darth Sidious, a power-hungry Sith Lord. He began his play for control of the galaxy by orchestrating the invasion of Naboo, while at the same time positioning himself to be voted Supreme Chancellor in a special election. When the Clone Wars began on GeonosisTM between the Republic’s new clone army and the droids of the Separatists -- with the Jedi caught in the middle -- Sidious was pleased, and victory was in sight.

In celebration of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animation series’ 20th anniversary, Hot Toys is excited to introduce the new 1/6th scale Darth Sidious collectible figure!

The greatly detailed collectible figure is specially created with authentic styling featuring a newly developed head sculpt with amazing likeness and separate rolling eyeballs system, finely tailored outfit, dual lightsabers, sculpted hands with Force lightning effects, and a themed figure base!

Embrace the dark side and welcome the astounding Darth Sidious collectible figure into your collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS102
PRODUCT NAMEDARTH SIDIOUS™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESAUTHENTIC AND DETAILED LIKENESS OF DARTH SIDIOUS IN STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q2 – Q3, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Darth Sidious™ Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Sidious in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs system
- Highly-accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture on face
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable newly sculpted hands including:
- One (1) pair of gesture hands with Force lightning effects
- One (1) pair of light saber holding hands
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- Two (2) gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) brownish red colored hooded robe with navy cape and brooch
- One (1) black colored tunic with belt
- One (1) pair of black colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) pair of LED-lighted red lightsaber (red light, power operated)
- One (1) pair of lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessory:
- Specially designed figure stand with nameplate and Star Wars logo

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 135
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 235
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 335
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 435
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 535
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 635
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 733
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 833
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 932
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1032
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1131
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1230
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1330
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1427
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1527
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1625
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1723
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1821
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1919
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2020

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #CloneWars #DarthSidious #male #Sci-Fi #AnimatedSeries

ukshaun

ukshaun
I so hoped Hot Toys were going to offer a Han and Chewie double pack for the 4th
Instead we got Darth Sidious. It is a decent enough figure, but not something i want to add to my collection.
Collect'em all Star Wars collectors will no doubt be very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I quite like this. A nice sculpt too. I have no attachment to the source, but to have a semi-pre-Emperor, it’s pretty cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, I quite like this one actually. I always thought the Clone Wars design for Sidious was rather cool. Even though I hate the character with a fiery passion (as one is meant to, lol), I'm rather tempted. Laughing

ETA: I understand being frustrated when you are hoping for something specific from Hot Toys and they put out something really random instead. It is pretty much par for the course for them. At this point, I have ceased to 'wait' for anything from Hot Toys and instead just keep doggedly working on my own customs. If/when they come out with something I actually really want, I consider it a bonus.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I don’t think we’ll be getting another Ford/Solo until Ford dies, anyway. He seems to be a massive pain in the ass when it comes to this stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
My emperor "needs" have already been met by the HT OT Emperor, and I have no specific inclination to get this. However, I also love the head sculpt. Is it 100% accurate? I don't know -- but that devilish grin he had going on works very well with it.
What do you mean about Ford, Mark?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I don’t know if Ford has renegotiated his likeness rights since the sequels, but he is notoriously finicky when it comes to using it for figures of this caliber. The crappy 6” figures rarely look anything like anyone but a generic person, so he doesn’t care about that stuff, but HT quality and he’s a nightmare (from what I’ve read) to work with — which could explain why none of the HT Fords actually look like him much. And who knows what Disney, or even Howard Chan himself, think of his little stunt a few years ago on the Tonight Show where he destroyed a HT New Hope Han Solo.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:I don’t know if Ford has renegotiated his likeness rights since the sequels, but he is notoriously finicky when it comes to using it for figures of this caliber. The crappy 6” figures rarely look anything like anyone but a generic person, so he doesn’t care about that stuff, but HT quality and he’s a nightmare (from what I’ve read) to work with — which could explain why none of the HT Fords actually look like him much. And who knows what Disney, or even Howard Chan himself, think of his little stunt a few years ago on the Tonight Show where he destroyed a HT New Hope Han Solo.
Thanks for explaining. I missed all of this, somehow, or blocked it out.
Looked it up. I got to say his reaction to J. J. Abrahms seems completely appropriate...
By the way, I think he disassembled rather than destroyed that figure. Or at least I hope so.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2012 wrote: And who knows what Disney, or even Howard Chan himself, think of his little stunt a few years ago on the Tonight Show where he destroyed a HT New Hope Han Solo.

In fairness, that was sort of a running gag.  On Conan, he destroyed a Lego Millennium Falcon that supposedly Jordan Schlansky had built, and it's even more clearly a scripted bit where Ford is playing up a character. There may have been other instances.  But can you imagine how much you could get on E-Bay if you had that actual HT Solo or the pieces of the Lego MF that Ford had destroyed on air?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks MBAM, I hadn't seen that one either. And good point. One could start a business selling bits and pieces. Yes, these are only 5 pieces from the Lego Millennium Falcon. But they are from the one Harrison Ford broke on the Conan show. LOL

Diana

Diana
Nice. They really did capture that smile very well. I like it.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
One of the cool things is they are using USB plugs to light up the lightsabers, which will make it harder to hide the cables during photo shoots, but it should mean that you won’t have to worry about leaking batteries (and countries like Australia will actually be able to sell these to their own people again). I’m tempted to get this guy just for my own Strykerverse as the main villain.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I really like the smiling head...not so sure about the costume though.

Smile

Edit
 On Harrison Ford: I once read an interview where he wasn't very into his chars or the franchises. Star Wars? Just a movie for him and Han just a char. He isn't a "method actor" that tries to become one with his roles. It was a bit disappointing to be honest, seeing he didn't care much for Star Wars. At least not as much as you would expect. Hamill on the other hand...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hardly expect him (or anyone) to be a method actor utterly immersed in his role, but the degree of demonstrated indifference or outright animosity to his roles, especially that of Han Solo, is a little off-putting. On the other hand, I can understand him having had enough of fan adulation on that count or possibly of the treatment of his character in the Sequel Trilogy (although they gave him his reported deathwish).

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
He was indifferent way back, long before the sequels. He actually wanted his character to be killed off at the end of Empire Strikes Back, but his popularity (he was an A List actor and major box office draw by that point), and a hefty paycheck brought him back for ROTJ (which is why there are so many ridiculous things shoe-horned into that movie that were never intended). It does, however, always kill me when a movie, or franchise, pretty much turns a bit actor, like Ford, into a multimillionaire, and they $#@t all over it. It’s like “Dude! If it wasn’t for Star Wars, would you have even been given Indiana Jones, The Fugitive, etc., or would you still just be playing crappy bit roles on TV shows? How about shutting the f@#k up and showing some goddamn grace you ungrateful prick.”

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde -- the outfit is based specifically on his appearance in the Clone Wars episode 'The Lawless':

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Emperor-palpatine-darth-maul

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS™ DARTH SIDIOUS™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Image_11

My guess for why they went with this 'look' for him (as opposed to his more usual public-facing 'Chancellor' appearance) is that this scene was always considered a fairly iconic one from the series as it was the first time you actually saw him in a lightsaber duel (and a three-way lightsaber duel, at that).

There are probably a variety of other reasons why HT went with this version of Sidious --- they already did a Clone Wars Maul, so he's already got someone to duel. And previous toy-line figures depicting this version of the character used to go for crazy amounts back in the day. I remember the MIB 3.75" Clone Wars Collection Sidious going for like £180 on ebay at one point, so I guess there is a demand for him.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:Valiarde -- the outfit is based specifically on his appearance in the Clone Wars episode 'The Lawless':

My guess for why they went with this 'look' for him (as opposed to his more usual public-facing 'Chancellor' appearance) is that this scene was always considered a fairly iconic one from the series as it was the first time you actually saw him in a lightsaber duel (and a three-way lightsaber duel, at that).

There are probably a variety of other reasons why HT went with this version of Sidious --- they already did a Clone Wars Maul, so he's already got someone to duel. And previous toy-line figures depicting this version of the character used to go for crazy amounts back in the day. I remember the MIB 3.75" Clone Wars Collection Sidious going for like £180 on ebay at one point, so I guess there is a demand for him.

Isn't this figure (the sculpt, at least) actually Palpatine rather than Darth Sidious?  I know it's actually the same guy, but hasn't the convention always been that Palpatine is the "regular" face, and that he's not Darth Sidious until he shows the scars or bulging veins or whatever they are, yellow eyes, etc.  See eg the old Sideshow two-pack.  I don't intend to watch any Clone Wars again, but in The Lawless, wasn't he scarred/deformed?

Certainly, that smirk expression is all Palpatine rather than Sidious, and it's the only reason this figure actually tempts me.  Greatest single line reading in all nine movies (ok, maybe a tie with Alec Guiness): "Not from a Jedi."

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Valiarde -- the outfit is based specifically on his appearance in the Clone Wars episode 'The Lawless':

Isn't this figure (the sculpt, at least) actually Palpatine rather than Darth Sidious?  I know it's actually the same guy, but hasn't the convention always been that Palpatine is the "regular" face, and that he's not Darth Sidious until he shows the scars or bulging veins or whatever they are, yellow eyes, etc.  See eg the old Sideshow two-pack.  I don't intend to watch any Clone Wars again, but in The Lawless, wasn't he scarred/deformed?

Certainly, that smirk expression is all Palpatine rather than Sidious, and it's the only reason this figure actually tempts me.  Greatest single line reading in all nine movies (ok, maybe a tie with Alec Guiness): "Not from a Jedi."

The smirking sculpt is really great, I agree. But I see no issue with the name since, as you note, 'Palpatine' and 'Sidious' are one and the same person the entire time the character is present in the story, so there is no real distinction between them other than what he reveals to others around him at a given moment.

'The Lawless' takes place about a year prior to Revenge of the Sith, so no, he was not 'scarred and deformed' yet.  And regarding his name, 'Palpatine' is his given name (aka 'Sheev Palpatine'), whereas 'Darth Sidious' or 'Sidious' for short is his Sith Lord name. He goes by both simultaneously. It doesn't have anything to do with whether he's scarred or not. So it's entirely appropriate to use the name for him while he's sneaking around doing secret Sith Lord stuff. Even when presenting publicly as Senator/Chancellor Palpatine during the Twilight of the Republic era (from TPM onward), he is still officially considered Darth Sidious. You don't necessarily 'hear' that name spoken out loud by other characters much, since obviously only a few other people (such as Dooku, aka Darth Tyranus, and maybe Mother Talzin, the leader of the Nightsisters) even know that he's a Sith Lord at all, but that is definitely an accurate thing to call the character. (See here for the Clone Wars Collection 3.75" figure I was referring to). It's especially accurate to call him this when he's acting explicitly in his Sith Lord mode, which he is certainly doing so in this scene. The duel in 'The Lawless' episode is Sidious putting his former apprentice and his brother in their place (they had been running amok in the galaxy claiming to be 'Sith Lords') and showing them who 'the real' Sith Lord is.

The reason it perhaps feels somewhat unsual is that it's a unique situation in a visual sense. You don't really see Sidious in a full-fledged duel in the live action films until the duel with Yoda after he's already 'scarred and deformed'. But throughout the Clone Wars he's constantly communicating with Dooku in his hooded Sith Lord form, and is referred to as Sidious or Lord Sidious in those instances. I mean, as soon as Anakin falls to the Dark Side in RotS, Sidious likewise 'dubs' him 'Lord Vader', and that's *before* the Mustafar duel, so before he's been maimed and put in the 'Vader suit'. These names and titles are not about physical state or condition, but rather the characters' Dark Side status.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the information and pictures, sky Smile I still need to watch the show, having only seen the first season so far.
And I also appreciate your detailrd answer to MAMs question. So it all makes sense with the names and also the decision why they went with this version of him.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Thanks for the information and pictures, sky Smile I still need to watch the show, having only seen the first season so far.
And I also appreciate your detailrd answer to MAMs question. So it all makes sense with the names and also the decision why they went with this version of him.

You're welcome, Valiarde, hope that wasn't too spoiler-y. Laughing  Though I guess if you've been following all the various Hot Toys Clone Wars releases then you'd already be aware of some of this anyway.

The Clone Wars is an interesting show and was always very important to me on a personal level, but imo it worked better as it was originally intended...aka, as an optional part of the Lucas-era Expanded Universe, rather than as 100% 'canon'. My biggest issue with Disney's brand of Star Wars is that they insist everything they do is supposed to be canon on the same level as the main six Lucas films. Whereas I only accept the Prequels and Original Trilogy as 100% canon, and basically see everything else as supplementary material. But not all supplementary material is created equal... and the reason I tend to prefer Lucas-era Expanded Universe (which the two Clone Wars animated series originally counted as), is that all of it was made specifically to complement the main six-film saga. The 3D Clone Wars series (which originally aired 2008-2013) was made at a time when the Prequels films were still widely dismissed or even outright hated (attitudes have warmed to them a bit in recent times, but obviously that was not always the case), and so was intended to shed light on certain aspects of the Prequels that may have eluded fans, and to connect the PT era even more throughly to the OT. (Disney may have tacked on a 'final season' of the show so that it would 'fit' into *their* version of the story as well, but it was never originally intended to be part of that. It was created solely with the PT and OT in mind.)

Anyway, I get that an animated show isn't everyone's cup of tea, but just giving a bit more context to the original purpose of the series, which is something that gets a bit lost nowadays amidst the seemingly-endless stream of Disney content.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum