OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague/Phicen: 1/6 Celtic - Bravery Wildheart Action Figure (Gold PL2023-208A/Silver PL2023-208B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Diana

Kallor8 wrote:
Diana wrote:The silver version seems to be pale again, no? Might look good next to the orange Pompeii warrior.

I like the base and the boots and the redhead. That's about it. I really wanted to want this, but I really don't. (Except for that head. Crying or Very sad )

100% this, I'm right on the same wavelength.  TBLeague is looking cheaper, and more plastic every new release, and if this is some variation of Viking Woman/Month body again I really am done with those bodies.  The necks on these new figures man, lol, you need 3rd party head sculpts to make them work, slide down some of the way on the giraffe neck.  Most TBL heads, without modding, result in some kamino cloner looking shi...I mean, it doesn't look great, you know?.  

It's weird Royal Defender (I am not confident I picked the right name out of my memory but the one with a full chainmail underlay) and this came from the same company.  

The designers need to delete deviantart from their browser and try asking Executive Replicas or Zenescope to lunch, or hey maybe a coffee.  See how they're doing, you know, isn't it great to catch up, how about giving it another try, they know things were good together once, right?  Let's do another Robyn Hood and Mercy Dante, what could it hurt?  Lol, haha I am sleep deprived right now and far from home so don't mind me.  
Laughing I hear ya.

I'd love for therm to do archetypal stuff, like medieval fantasy sorceress dark/light/neutral or modern day adventurer or... ENDLESS possibilities, but nooooooooo... Wink

Xenia007

I really like the head of the gold version and body armour of the silver 😄🤔 hopefully can find separate pieces for sale bounce bounce bounce

Xavion2004

Kallor8 wrote:
The designers need to delete deviantart from their browser and try asking Executive Replicas or Zenescope to lunch, or hey maybe a coffee.  See how they're doing, you know, isn't it great to catch up, how about giving it another try, they know things were good together once, right?  Let's do another Robyn Hood and Mercy Dante, what could it hurt?  Lol, haha I am sleep deprived right now and far from home so don't mind me.  

I would pay for the lunch to make that happen.

Stryker2012

Founding Father
I’m guessing Executive Replicas took the license for those comic characters with them when they parted ways.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2012 wrote:I’m guessing Executive Replicas took the license for those comic characters with them when they parted ways.

There is some evidence of that, insofar as Executive Replicas are currently making their own (jointed, 1/12 scale) Vampirella, Purgatori and Red Sonja. Not too coincidentally choosing the same 3 comics characters that Phicen/TBL made again in 1/12 after first doing the 1/6 versions. A bit of message sending by ER to P/TBL in those exact choices, probably. It may not be so much the transfer or expiry of the licenses per se, but ER is probably way more fluent than P/TBL in navigating the North American comics world and licensing market. Apart from that particular facility, P/TBL is better off staying far away from ER.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum