OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Z6TOYS: 1 to 6 head carving of Gao's sister-in-law

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wonder if "sister-in-law" is not a machine translation of a coincidental-sounding name. That said, this is an expression one might expect from one's in-laws, at least as far as stereotypes about such relations are concerned. Smile
Anyway, while I'm not exactly in love with it (and this is pushing the length of acceptable molded hair for me), I like the more mature, realistic and even stern look.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I wonder if "sister-in-law" is not a machine translation of a coincidental-sounding name. That said, this is an expression one might expect from one's in-laws, at least as far as stereotypes about such relations are concerned. Smile
Anyway, while I'm not exactly in love with it (and this is pushing the length of acceptable molded hair for me), I like the more mature, realistic and even stern look.

Sister in Law Gao Ye is a thing, as Google tells me, though I am not familiar with the actress or source material.  https://www.gamingdeputy.com/gao-ye-was-called-sister-in-law-on-weibo-nighti-kindly-respond/

The actress Gao Ye is here below for comparison.  I would say, a good and useful sculpt of itself.  I am sure if I was familiar with the actress I'd appreciate the successful resemblance also.

Asian - NEW PRODUCT: Z6TOYS: 1 to 6 head carving of Gao's sister-in-law 0a398c10

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice catch. I actually like this more realistic head sculpt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asian - NEW PRODUCT: Z6TOYS: 1 to 6 head carving of Gao's sister-in-law 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, MBAM!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I wonder if "sister-in-law" is not a machine translation of a coincidental-sounding name. That said, this is an expression one might expect from one's in-laws, at least as far as stereotypes about such relations are concerned. Smile

The words for the acronym RBF spring to mind… hehe. I mean it’s not horrible, but on the other hand I welcome as many different facial expressions as one can muster over the standard neutral expression.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Whoa that head sculpt!  Asian - NEW PRODUCT: Z6TOYS: 1 to 6 head carving of Gao's sister-in-law 1f62e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum