OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXK New: 1/6 Bactrian camel camel simulation animal model (Jxk005#)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

shazzdan

Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks. Yeah, a big shout out to Steve/Timewalker — the service there is awesome. And, as I said, I feel bad that he’s taking my damaged one for his — but I understand his reasoning, and I’m glad to support his store.

Your contract was with Timewalker, not the supplier. The seller should have handled it entirely on his own without even mentioning the supplier. Steve should have immediately replaced or refunded the order and then taken it up with the supplier later, without you being involved. If he cops a loss, that is the cost of being a distributor/reseller. If he doesn't trust the quality of the product, he should be doing his own quality control before sending it out. It is disingenuous and unprofessional for him to be passing the buck to JXK. The responsibility is entirely his own.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Stryker2011

Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I’d give anything to see a silverback gorilla in 1/6 scale.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048806507.html

The clothing looks like it can be removed and backpacks/satchels are always useful for many projects. The price seems ok, especially since it includes a second head.

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK New: 1/6 Bactrian camel camel simulation animal model (Jxk005#) - Page 2 HTB1jo4uemSD3KVjSZFKq6z10VXae

I actually have that figure, and I did a small review of it:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1354-mini-out-of-the-box-review-mr-z-lowland-gorilla?highlight=Gorilla

Stryker2011

Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks. Yeah, a big shout out to Steve/Timewalker — the service there is awesome. And, as I said, I feel bad that he’s taking my damaged one for his — but I understand his reasoning, and I’m glad to support his store.

Your contract was with Timewalker, not the supplier. The seller should have handled it entirely on his own without even mentioning the supplier. Steve should have immediately replaced or refunded the order and then taken it up with the supplier later, without you being involved. If he cops a loss, that is the cost of being a distributor/reseller. If he doesn't trust the quality of the product, he should be doing his own quality control before sending it out. It is disingenuous and unprofessional for him to be passing the buck to JXK. The responsibility is entirely his own.

I can see your point, but I don’t necessarily agree. When Hot Toys screws up on a product, regardless of where you order from here in North America, the seller has to contact the Distributor (Sideshow) to get a replacement. In the case of Sideshow and HT, SS orders more than necessary stock to accommodate not only additional sales, but any problems. In TW case, these large animals are ordered in limited numbers (ie, filling only POs), so extras aren’t just handy for replacements. The Distributor still has to be contacted, who then has to contact the manufacturer— but if the manufacturer doesn’t ever respond, or doesn’t care to back their product, I don’t see how that falls solely on the shoulders of the seller. From what Steve told me, he had sent out a number of these camels (aside from his own), and mine was the only one with an issue. I would say that the onus falls directly on the side of the manufacturer, who packaged it poorly. Car dealerships don’t eat the cost of recalled manufacturer defects — the manufacturer does. I don’t see that as passing the buck, I see that as holding the manufacturer accountable. Now, could Steve have asked me to return it from the start, and handle the situation behind the scenes, without my knowledge of the happenings, until the issue was resolved one way or another... Sure, I guess. But that wasn’t what was agreed upon by me when I first contacted him. So, if anyone’s to blame for pointing out what an irresponsible company JXK is, blame me. And frankly, I have zero problem pointing out to others that JXK likely won’t back the products folks receive if there is an issue — it’s bad business on their part, and if it means they ultimately lose further trust and business, they only have themselves to blame.

skywalkersaga

So sorry for the disappointing situation with this one. Would still be curious to see how it turned out, once you have an undamaged one.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

I can see your point, but I don’t necessarily agree.

It isn't a point, it is the law. Your contract is with Timewalker. They are fully and entirely responsible for resolving the issue with you. Timewalker's contract with JXK has nothing to do with you. Steve did nothing more than the bare minimum he was required to do to "make you whole" under the law.

Resellers of Hot Toys products are no different regardless of what they tell their customers. Under the law the customer does not have to deal with Sideshow at all, but the reseller, who is fully and entirely responsible. It is basic contract law. If the reseller is out of pocket then they have to take it up with Sideshow. If Sideshow is out of pocket then they have to take it up with Hot Toys. It is how contracts work and we have courts to enforce them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fine, shazzdan. You win.

BUT: I don't care. I'm glad to have a retailer in this small niche hobby of ours willing to point out that a manufacturer isn't going to stand behind their product. I'm damn grateful, in fact. I'd hate to keep ordering from the same manufacturer, only to get another messed up product, and all I end up with is refunds -- instead, I now know that I need not order anymore of their products.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK New: 1/6 Bactrian camel camel simulation animal model (Jxk005#) - Page 2 C8485110

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
really sorry you had that experience!! That sucks from distributor! Bad business.

What are those hyenas like? I was thinking of 2 for a diorama?

That gorilla looks great but I would not trust aliexpress at all. Ordered a figure from 3 different sites - one after the other, as they stated had plenty in stock...I paid, then they emailed me 4 days later saying they had none in stock and hadn't had any for long time!!! It then took 2 weeks to get refund as they argued, trying to sell me totally different product and wanting me to change the reason from "out of stock" to "customer requested cancel" which I refused to do,

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:really sorry you had that experience!! That sucks from distributor! Bad business.

That gorilla looks great but I would not trust aliexpress at all. Ordered a figure from 3 different sites - one after the other, as they stated had plenty in stock...I paid, then they emailed me 4 days later saying they had none in stock and hadn't had any for long time!!! It then took 2 weeks to get refund as they argued, trying to sell me totally different product and wanting me to change the reason from "out of stock" to "customer requested cancel" which I refused to do,

The hyenas are really nice. I use them for Bud & Lou with Harley Quinn. My one minor nit is putting the collar on: the mane along the neck is hard and it’s a bit tricky putting them on. I skipped the leashes, altogether, as I was concerned the metal clip would end up breaking off the spikey hair, or scratching the surface.

That sucks about your experience with AliExpress. I’ve used them a few times, but aside from some longer than usual wait times, I didn’t have the same experience — though much like eBay, I only ever used sellers I had prior experience with who had high ratings — and I looked at the stuff they previous sold.

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK New: 1/6 Bactrian camel camel simulation animal model (Jxk005#) - Page 2 C8485110

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Stryker2011 wrote:
The hyenas are really nice. I use them for Bud & Lou with Harley Quinn. My one minor nit is putting the collar on: the mane along the neck is hard and it’s a bit tricky putting them on. I skipped the leashes, altogether, as I was concerned the metal clip would end up breaking off the spikey hair, or scratching the surface.

That sucks about your experience with AliExpress. I’ve used them a few times, but aside from some longer than usual wait times, I didn’t have the same experience — though much like eBay, I only ever used sellers I had prior experience with who had high ratings — and I looked at the stuff they previous sold.

Ah nice. I wouldn't use the collars as they would be wild in the diorama I am planning Wink Not bad prices either to be fair. Seen them for $50 shipped.

Yeah, sadly was my first time...so won't be using it again haha. Although thousands use it with no issues

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:Ah nice. I wouldn't use the collars as they would be wild in the diorama I am planning Wink Not bad prices either to be fair. Seen them for $50 shipped.

That sounds cool. And, yeah, as wild animals they’d work great. I picked up one of each color, for variety.

shazzdan

shazzdan
lurpdog101 wrote:really sorry you had that experience!! That sucks from distributor! Bad business.

I have been buying regularly from aliexpress for two years. Don't bother dealing with the sellers. Just raise a claim through aliexpress directly. They are just as good as paypal and ebay for giving refunds.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
shazzdan wrote:

I have been buying regularly from aliexpress for two years. Don't bother dealing with the sellers. Just raise a claim through aliexpress directly. They are just as good as paypal and ebay for giving refunds.

Yeah I did that and it was that reason they were quibbling over the cancellation code!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum