OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Fire Girl Toys 1/6 FG097 Asian Girl ABC Three hairstyles
are suitable for PHICEN 1/6 whitening plastic female body and joint body
Product number NO:

FG097-A
FG097-B
FG097-C

firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0013
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0119
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0220
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0319
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0419
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0518
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0618
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0719
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0818
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 0918
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1076
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1173
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1273
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1372
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1465
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1565
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1656
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1749
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1844
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 1942
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 2039
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 2134
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 2230
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 2326
firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 2424

#female #headsculpt #FireGirl

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
OK, I gotta know how reliable these promo pics are? Fire Girl outfits have been decent, but I know nothing about their head sculpts. How close do we collectively think they’ll get?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cute, but a touch too anime. I assume "whitening" means "pale."

davidd

davidd
MeMyself&I wrote: ... but I know nothing about their head sculpts. How close do we collectively think they’ll get?

My only FireGirl head sculpt is an older one, FG071C. It's actually one of my personal favorites, but photos I post using this head are among my very least viewed, least "liked," and least commented upon across a variety of forums and online venues. That's likely due to the character and costume more than any issue with the sculpt itself.

The eyes on the FG heads that I have looked at tend to run on the slightly large side, giving the heads both a "youthful" and an "exaggerated anime style" appearance.

The head I have is a bit of an odd size. It looks too small on "full size" seamless bodies, but appears somewhat oversized on "petite" bodies. Currently I have it on an S34 "teen" body.

The color of the head I have is quite pale; I'd characterize it as "pinkish pale."

I found the resemblance between the in-hand head and the promo photos to be quite close. Eye paint is excellent. Face make-up painting is subtle and nicely shaded. Hair is thick and full.

Originally, I purchased this particular head based on owner photos I found on Flickr rather than on the promo pix.

firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) Fg071ca
FireGirl FG071C Promotional Photo

firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) Fg071cb
FireGirl FG071C on TBLeague S34 Body

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is certainly well done in terms of quality, Dave. The style just doesn't appeal to my personal sense of aesthetics, in itself. I can't "judge" the character from the little I see, but it looks fine in the zoomed in shot -- unless perhaps the whole thing combines the overly youthful quality of the headscult with a sexualized body/outfit combination, which would bother me, and not just because I'm supposed to keep this place reasonably clean.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote: ... but it looks fine in the zoomed in shot -- unless perhaps the whole thing combines the overly youthful quality of the headsculpt with a sexualized body/outfit combination....

Nah, nothing like that! I used the head to create a discretely attired "hippie chick art student" type fig who darts around town on a motor scooter:

firegirl - NEW PRODUCT: Fire Girl Toys: Asian Girl Head Sculpture (FG097A/FG097B/FG097C) 50870117788_0a8aa982f1

Razz

I did a few "travelogue style" photos with this figure, along the lines of "Lexi's Travels" here on the OSF forum. I was considering using this figure as my "travel doll." The response was so underwhelming on Flickr and Instagram that I have reconsidered. Even my Bratz Doll travel photos get a better overall response.

Now that I think about it, the travel photos might illustrate a potential issue with FireGirl head sculpts, or at least with the big-eye ones like the FG071: they look too "toy or doll-like" to appeal to fans of 1/6 action figures, but too "realistic in an Uncanny Valley way" to appeal to fans of doll and toy photography.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks for the details there Dave. It sounds like for $35 on giantoy that it’s worth the risk. I don’t mind the less realistic sculpts and actually prefer the anime style more often than not. No clue what character she’d be, I just like the look lol. The fact that you’ve found them to be quite close and up to par is a good sign I think.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote: ... but it looks fine in the zoomed in shot -- unless perhaps the whole thing combines the overly youthful quality of the headsculpt with a sexualized body/outfit combination....

Nah, nothing like that! I used the head to create a discretely attired "hippie chick art student" type fig who darts around town on a motor scooter:

Oh, I remember her now. Yeah, interesting character actually, and you're right, she is inoffensive (or as inoffensive as a hippy art chick student can be LOL). Despite your very eclectic references and combinations, I don't recall you crossing the line. The recent mentions of Miskatonic Nick made me go through his flicker photos, and the ones that I saw reminded me of his exuberant but reasonably tasteful sense of humor. And I think you share that, too.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
davidd wrote:

I was wondering if that was her! I knew I saw your creation somewhere, and I was right!

davidd

davidd
MeMyself&I wrote:Thanks for the details there Dave. It sounds like for $35 on giantoy that it’s worth the risk.

You guys are gonna talk me in to buying something I absolutely did not know about, want, or need a little while ago! lol!

GubernatorFan wrote:The recent mentions of Miskatonic Nick made me go through his flicker photos, and the ones that I saw reminded me of his exuberant but reasonably tasteful sense of humor.

Nick had some pretty racy stuff, particularly among his earlier photos that were posted to his now gone, and sorely missed, Toyville website. The "racy" element was usually more textual and con-textual than anything overt in the imagery, but his Integrity Girls, perhaps inaccurately named Twisted Evil , certainly got up to some shenanigans. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Nick had some pretty racy stuff, particularly among his earlier photos that were posted to his now gone, and sorely missed, Toyville website. The "racy" element was usually more textual and con-textual than anything overt in the imagery, but his Integrity Girls,  perhaps inaccurately named Twisted Evil , certainly got up to some shenanigans. Razz
Well, I hadn't seen that -- or everything that still exists.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:Nick had some pretty racy stuff, particularly among his earlier photos that were posted to his now gone, and sorely missed, Toyville website. The "racy" element was usually more textual and con-textual than anything overt in the imagery, but his Integrity Girls,  perhaps inaccurately named Twisted Evil , certainly got up to some shenanigans. Razz
Well, I hadn't seen that -- or everything that still exists.

It was all in fun. Nothing that would cross the line in to NSFW territory. Maybe some that would cross the line in to "tasteless" territory, depending on one's taste! Razz It was all pretty funny, though!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
It was all in fun. Nothing that would cross the line in to NSFW territory. Maybe some that would cross the line in to "tasteless" territory, depending on one's taste! Razz  It was all pretty funny, though!
As a moderator elsewhere, I'm sure you realize that moderately funny largely loses its quality when one has to consider whether or not it needs censoring.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:
It was all in fun. Nothing that would cross the line in to NSFW territory. Maybe some that would cross the line in to "tasteless" territory, depending on one's taste! Razz  It was all pretty funny, though!
As a moderator elsewhere, I'm sure you realize that moderately funny largely loses its quality when one has to consider whether or not it needs censoring.

Yup. Forum admins and mods need to hope that members "know the audience" and tailor content to the general tone of the venue.

Back on topic: I'm kinda leaning toward the "B" version myself, but this could easily become one of those situations where all the variants find their way in to the checkout cart.  Embarassed

Diana

Diana
I think these heads are super cute. I don't care for the style, but a more realistically styled 1/12 head I have of theirs is my favourite among my 1/12 heads. I expect these to be as good. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum