OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Valiarde

Valiarde
POPCOSTUME  1/6  The  Evolution  of  Europe  EE01
Battle  of  Crécy  1346  French  mercenaries--Genoese crossbowmenCaptain
List:
1、Head*1
2、Body*1
3、Ordinaryhands*1pair
4、Holdswordhands*1pair
5、Upper*1
6、Pants*1pair
7、Boots*1pair(leather)
8、Cloak*1
9、Belt*1(Leather)
10、Weaponstraps*1
11、Helmet*1(PureCopper)
12、Visor*1(PureCopper)
13、Bodyarmor*1(PureCopper)
14、Kneepanels*1pair(PureCopper)
15、Dagger*1
16、Doubleedgedaxe*1
17、crossbow*1
18、Upperchord*1
19、crossbowarrows*5pieces
20、Arrowtube*1
21、Shield*1
22、Arrows*3
23、Figurestand*1

NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36416710
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36474210
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36564810
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36477510
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36530710
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36626410
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer Archer10
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer Ovy10
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36345010
NEW PRODUCT: Pop Costume The Evolution of Europe Genoese Archer 36469510

teamweapon

pop really are stepping up the details!
i have no idea if this is historically correct? [although i doubt it, as figures rarely are] an im sure someone on here will let me know.
this is a fantastic looking set, the sculpt has a sort of cartoonish quality remind me of those french TV shows from the 70s, i like it.
but i think the star of this set is the working bow!!! that video is quite something!

Valiarde

Valiarde
teamweapon wrote:pop really are stepping up the details!
i have no idea if this is historically correct? [although i doubt it, as figures rarely are] an im sure someone on here will let me know.
this is a fantastic looking set, the sculpt has a sort of cartoonish  quality remind me of those french TV shows from the 70s, i like it.
but i think the star of this set is the working bow!!! that video is quite something!

I need to check my books (or ask some experts I know), but I think the armour is a bit too heavy for a genuese archer. More like chainmail and iron hats, but I'm not sure.

Figure looking great despite my doubts for the historical correctness. With copper and leather (and maybe real wood) this will be expensive though. Poptoys Artisan line Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the figure and the detail, although I too have some doubts about the historical correctness. The armor and helmet do strike me as a bit "heavy" (too plate and too late?) for a Genoese crossbowman ("archer" is wrong). These guys, by the way, were the French ranged weaponry force outmatched by the English Welsh-longbow archers in the Hundred Years War.

Tony Barton

The armour is historically a long way from Crecy, in the style of the later 1400s, about 1470-80... having said that , it's quite good for that period. Crossbow looks nice , with a windlass spanning device.
The presence of Longbow arrows in his pavice suggests there may be a longbowman on the way...

Carousi

Carousi
nice xbow and (tower ?) shield Shocked

gooboo

Would have to be a pretty wealthy crossbowman to be wearing plate armor, although I don't think it's out of the realm of historical possibility. I can't imagine it's very easy to winch a crossbow wearing plate armor either. It's not accurate to the Hundred Years War period, could come from after it though.

This figure is interesting, though. I'm being much more selective in what sets I buy these days, so I'll have to think about this one.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I heared some positive things about the authencity. It isnt out of question that crossbow archers were alsobinvolved in close combat wesring a bit more heavy armor.

Really like this.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think Tony Barton nailed the analysis (and I trust his judgement anyway). Late 15th century makes sense. And of course there were still a few crossbowmen around, although they would soon be made increasingly obsolete by hand gunners of various kinds.

ahbake

Looks damn fine, despite probable inaccuracies.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good to me, but as Tony said, a long time after Crecy. This guy has a crossbow with a steel prod. Not sure when they changed from composite prods to steel ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum