OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'll let the pics do the talking, crown mod was fiddly but worth it, previous Galadriel is probably ToyBiz? I think the jar came from a Vlad The Impaler set lol. The hair mod was a bit risky as it can melt with hair straighteners! affraid  so I wouldn't recommend it to a newbie customiser, might be too straight now but should return slightly to be a bit more kinked as it's nylon. Articulation is great so are all the accessories, not sure what to do with yet another spare Gandalf hat and very nicely made Narsil sword though, love the robe but the hood will need a bit of wire and a stitch through the pointy bit at the back to pull it down if I decide to use it at all. I got the exclusive set from Asmus for £150, seen her without the accessories on eBay for over £300!! Mine's no.3 of 1500 so they must have just done a rerelease. I should be getting the Smeagol and Gollum two pack with the exclusive dio this week.

BEFORE ANY MODS

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Cq3AMVr

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ObzfH0K

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ThyJ5BL

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  IlrPCQw

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  MFrOleM

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  YdkUOJf

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NNSMjRC

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  UBn3ssV

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ZCUV5PX

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  6GCdHAQ

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  IUMxaLo

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BB00Abr

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  QsGG03y

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ZuFUJxi

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  CK3lVJv

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  TAGoCo9

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Y0xF5vI

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  HhcE1bd

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  8pIR7Df

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  0eyGdS8

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  AMYfXMC

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  9oTybDa

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Er5fVNb

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NKbfdEg

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  2vLXS7a

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  39Chu5A

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  3jC4qZv

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  H2nbdLw

Comparison, £15 and £150:

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  6GYVCFY

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  86ZS8lO

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  QItul4A

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  PM9dh4A

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  FHoZ1xx

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  3ISSbto

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  37y66fM

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  VRwkUxb

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  HRyqlxm

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  WfGBVfm

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  LDrjXY0

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NuMVdQZ

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BVCwlcj

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  3lnL7of

UNSTITCHED THE CROWN

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  WdBOC1M

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  I9PzyOL

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  A8ZUzp8

CROWN BEFORE MODS

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  SgZVi9Y

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  6KQZSV0

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ClkK1NW

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  MeQJQnU

REFERENCES

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  7uqekTe

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  GKFMdKq

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  CwkUczj

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  QjeWZE5

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  KphIe3m

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  L7C3CrT

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BMObS5r

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  IsJLokA

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  CY7aR1r

SAURON IS ALWAYS WATCHING!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  CE5Ebxl

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  I4CBI8u

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  FJdIQsC

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BGsTOvk

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Fe2G0jn

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  H1YHDbr

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  IGUgSMP

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  2MY6Mwi

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  X8mFknY

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ML7Rlyd

MODS STARTED ON CROWN, HOT WATER TO RESHAPE, LOTS OF PAINSTAKING SCALPEL WORK TO TRY AND REMOVE ALL THE UNPAINTED TRANSLUCENT FILLER PARTS!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  KzScs5E

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  UK5KMAx

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  OWiehEN

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  EuKq1e0

GETTING THERE. NEEDED TO CUT FROM THE INSIDE TOO THEN THIN IT OUT CAREFULLY AS WELL

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  CyS3QNQ

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  26UxrxK

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  GVLFBDA

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  SXVRCcC

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  AiRInZp

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  LR1XmmI

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  EaA5f4S

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  QBJIAxy

USED MARKERS FIRST TO FIGURE OUT WHAT NEEDED TO BE GOLD AND WHAT NEEDED TO BE SILVER, AFTER CORRECTIONS I COMMITTED WITH ACRYLIC PAINTS.

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  DqdgSaj

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Am4d0sx

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  LgSU5Yt

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  2a4AXKS

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  VIWHttg

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  WXerbk6

CROWN FINISHED

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BAfcmGB

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  IhJUArn

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  5O2nmLY

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BI69UXR

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Sc6obtu

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  PBzUOQx

UNMODIFIED HOOD NOT GOING TO WORK

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  PdrE3OF

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  M71xfQY

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  JE8cIJc

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  3Y3R65X

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NTxOsax

DECIDED HAIR WAS TOO FRIZZY AND CURLY SO USED HAIR STRAIGHTENERS VERY CAREFULLY (NYLON HAIR!) WITH SOME BEARD OIL, A COMB, A TOOTHBRUSH AND SCISSORS. LOOKS TOO STRAIGHT NOW BUT SHOULD RETURN A BIT TO BE SLIGHTLY CURLY.

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  XHgmGuV

THE HAZARD OF NYLON HAIR AND HEAT!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  BvSGRsi

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  D6KvVUQ

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  LqT2TH8

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  RDDS9g0

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  JYD8HeW

NO SHE WON'T GROW A BEARD!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  X9U30z4

PICTURED WITH MY CUSTOM FRODO AND SCRATCH BUILT GIMLI

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  RivaVMa

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Cw0SwLR

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  TnDc1pD

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  YFPAoHF

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  LZ1Tvyf

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ShG6JGj

I NEED TO TOUCH UP A TINY BIT OF SILVER ON THE CROWN THAT'S BUGGING ME AND CAREFULLY SWAB AWAY ANY REMAINING OIL ON HER FACE BUT ONLY SAW THESE AFTER TAKING PICS.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The repainted crown and straightened hair are a vast improvement. Well done! She looks great with the other characters.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:The repainted crown and straightened hair are a vast improvement. Well done! She looks great with the other characters.

Thanks GTF! I fixed the little things bugging me, they'd been exaggerated by the flash so touched her up (that sounds wrong..) and took some pics without a flash.

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  5MBigGs

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Ta3W0JV

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  SOKoBHf

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  5klg72C

BETTER?

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NgsfjfE

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ReDWkxq

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  GOPJXvK

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  W9HHgVh

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful and ethereal, just like she should be. Flash does exaggerate things, as does even non-flash strong light.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice upgrades!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful and ethereal, just like she should be. Flash does exaggerate things, as does even non-flash strong light.

BAMComix wrote:Nice upgrades!

Thanks very much GTF and BAMC!

So the 'solidity?' of the front of her crown in my version was bugging me as it's more latticework on the prop, so I got the scalpel out again to stop it annoying me. Also a couple of pics of her new hair without the crown too.

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  5gOA2iy

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  K7hZHVE

IMPROVED CROWN

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  9t7Rz9a

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  ETIGHrQ

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  JEqjWjL

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  P5Ruyy6

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  TI0oZEm

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  NNYb4tn

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  Q3Xo2ff

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  GkFDkH4

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad it didn't break. It was already looking fine, but you're right, even better now.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Some seriously nice improvements, Alex. Well done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad it didn't break. It was already looking fine, but you're right, even better now.

Stryker2012 wrote:Some seriously nice improvements, Alex. Well done.

THANKS GUYS!! I really needed someone to say something positive in my life right now!!! Means a lot.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hey. Hang in there, Brother. We’re here for you. Don’t be afraid to reach out to me thru PM if you need to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asmus Galadriel w/ exclusive set & Accessories Compared To My Previous Galadriel & Some Mods  1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Hey. Hang in there, Brother. We’re here for you. Don’t be afraid to reach out to me thru PM if you need to.

Cheers Stryker! Difficult times right now... Rolling Eyes

BAMComix

BAMComix
Top, top work as always!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAMComix wrote:Top, top work as always!

Thank you BAMC!! Not that I did much lol.

davidd

davidd
The amount of work here, and the realism you achieve, are impressive!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Indeed, Alex does things that I sometimes am tempted to do but pull back in fear I'd mess it up; and, of course, plenty of things I would never dream of!

dadrab

dadrab
Mighty slick work, Sir Chop.

The quality of your mods gets better all the time. You’ve outdone yourself on the crown.

Skill AND dedication, brother.

Well done.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Wow, fantastic care and attention on that crown - looks amazing and it’s incredible what a difference it makes. I really like this full set, such a great character. Also appreciate the animal photo bombs, although typical cat sleeping…… still, it’s nice to have ‘helpers’. Hope things feel a little better for you soon.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
davidd wrote:The amount of work here, and the realism you achieve, are impressive!

GubernatorFan wrote:Indeed, Alex does things that I sometimes am tempted to do but pull back in fear I'd mess it up; and, of course, plenty of things I would never dream of!

dadrab wrote:Mighty slick work, Sir Chop.

The quality of your mods gets better all the time. You’ve outdone yourself on the crown.

Skill AND dedication, brother.

Well done.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Wow, fantastic care and attention on that crown - looks amazing and it’s incredible what a difference it makes. I really like this full set, such a great character. Also appreciate the animal photo bombs, although typical cat sleeping…… still, it’s nice to have ‘helpers’.  Hope things feel a little better for you soon.

Cheers guys! TBH I did very little! Twisted Evil Just the hair and the crown mods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum