OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

valentin

valentin
Okay.... I guess it does deserve a thread of its own.

I did this, as in started this 3d print project, because the endor bunker project was taking too much resources, both filament and time. Just the bloody roof costs my 7 kg of filament, and i have yet to print the walls, doors, flooring, panels for it. The roof cost me 3 months too....

This simple diorama upscaled from 1 of landspeederluke's files, was similar to the endor bunker. except, it took only 3kg of filament and was completed in 2 weeks.

Size: 85cm H, 75cm L, 65cm D

Featuring,
- Sideshow Vader (ANH version, latest)
- Sideshow Emperor with Throne
- Sideshow Luke exclusive
- Hot Toys Royal Guards x 2
- Sideshow Darth Malgus's lightsaber (as vadar's box is in another area, so i just grabbed the next sithlord's one's in the showcase)

The diorama seems like a good idea at slicing stage, whereas, once I printed everything and put them together.... the lack of conventional space stumped me hard.

But I still think that despite all the dumb things that i had started..... I am at peace that I managed to complete it somehow.

Enough of my nonsense, here's my amateurish photography.

Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) Photo_36
Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) Photo_37
Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) Photo_38
Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) Photo_40
Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) Photo_39

It's not movie accurate, since the guards left, before the duel, but it's just a display.... also, I probably need a 40" tv to play the battle scene background of the mon calamari cruisers imploding from the death stars turbolaser.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow!!!!! That is amazing and 'most impressive'!!!! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
I'm not familiar with the cost of 3D printer filament so I just now did a quick Internet search. It looks like printer filament can easily cost $10 to $12 per pound, so I see why large projects like this can end up being expensive as well as challenging to produce.

The result so far look fantastic. But obviously "3D printed" does not necessarily mean "cheap" or "free."

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! That is so cool. Amazing work. Can you imagine how big this would be in 1/6 scale!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Emperor's Throne Room on Death Star II (Possibly Final Duel scene) 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's awesome!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm definitely loving it, and glad you decided to make a more in-depth presentation. This is something I would never dare do in 1:6 scale, and I'm barely doing it in 1:18 scale (gradually). And it is inspiring.
As a stopgap, you can simply put a black foamboard behind the window. Or a poster of a dark starry outerspace.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
VERY, VERY COOL!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum