OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
The 1/6th scale space explorer Collectible Figure features:
1 Highly realistic detailed head sculpture with hair,
1 highly realistic detailed head sculpture wearing an astronaut helmet
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Eight (4 ) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of open hands

Costume:
- One (1) - A white, highly simulated weathering suit with space markings and name
- One (1) A padded undershirt

Accessories:
1 sets of injection devices
1 pair of space boots,
1 space helmet with transparent lenses that open upwards
1 space backpack
1 Figure stand

female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 01139
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 02141
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 03138
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 04135
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 05134
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 06131
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 07129
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 08128
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 09126
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 10126
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 11119
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 12102
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 1392
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 1478
female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 1571

#PREMIERtoys #astronaut #female #scifi #interstellar

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice looking set. And a female astronaut set is rare indeed, possibly unique.

Visisonor

Visisonor
This and The Pathfinder will complement each other nicely.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:This and The Pathfinder will complement each other nicely.
I agree.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I love the head sculpt, but I’m not seeing a lot of Anne Hathaway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer 1f10

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:I love the head sculpt, but I’m not seeing a lot of Anne Hathaway.

I see Hathaway with a different nose.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I actually thought it was meant to be her, which means there is something right in the likeness, although I agree it does not look very much like her.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
There must be enough Anne Hathaway in there that I made the connection instantly, but a lot of that is context and the spacesuit.  Handed a loose headsculpt, I’d probably be guessing.  So it’s not a great Anne Hathaway.  For a figure that’s probably going to be used/displayed helmet-on, it may not matter so much.  Certainly I’m glad to see this version of a 1/6 spacesuit – somewhat similar to something I really want to see somebody make someday, namely the SpaceX spacesuit.

GF is quite right to point out the rarity of 1/6 female astronauts, at least at a “serious” level: Barbie actually has had many really interesting female astronauts both in Retro and current styles, but nothing that you could use alongside HT level figures.  This one is not an absolute first though – for one, last year’s DAMtoys Wandering Earth Zhou Qian was truly exquisite. And once upon a time Cy-Girls had the absolutely classic Aurora. So, rare, yes, but unique, no.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:There must be enough Anne Hathaway in there that I made the connection instantly, but a lot of that is context and the spacesuit.  Handed a loose headsculpt, I’d probably be guessing.  So it’s not a great Anne Hathaway.  For a figure that’s probably going to be used/displayed helmet-on, it may not matter so much.  Certainly I’m glad to see this version of a 1/6 spacesuit – somewhat similar to something I really want to see somebody make someday, namely the SpaceX spacesuit.

GF is quite right to point out the rarity of 1/6 female astronauts, at least at a “serious” level: Barbie actually has had many really interesting female astronauts both in Retro and current styles, but nothing that you could use alongside HT level figures.  This one is not an absolute first though – for one, last year’s DAMtoys Wandering Earth Zhou Qian was truly exquisite. And once upon a time Cy-Girls had the absolutely classic Aurora.  So, rare, yes, but unique, no.
Yes, Zhou Qian crossed my mind, but I was thinking of this as more grounded in reality, somehow, if you know what I mean. It's still fiction, of course.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:There must be enough Anne Hathaway in there that I made the connection instantly, but a lot of that is context and the spacesuit.  Handed a loose headsculpt, I’d probably be guessing.  So it’s not a great Anne Hathaway.  For a figure that’s probably going to be used/displayed helmet-on, it may not matter so much.  Certainly I’m glad to see this version of a 1/6 spacesuit – somewhat similar to something I really want to see somebody make someday, namely the SpaceX spacesuit.

GF is quite right to point out the rarity of 1/6 female astronauts, at least at a “serious” level: Barbie actually has had many really interesting female astronauts both in Retro and current styles, but nothing that you could use alongside HT level figures.  This one is not an absolute first though – for one, last year’s DAMtoys Wandering Earth Zhou Qian was truly exquisite. And once upon a time Cy-Girls had the absolutely classic Aurora.  So, rare, yes, but unique, no.
Yes, Zhou Qian crossed my mind, but I was thinking of this as more grounded in reality, somehow, if you know what I mean. It's still fiction, of course.

Yes, I can totally see that distinction and I guess Zhou Quian would be somewhere in the middle, and Cy-Girl Aurora even further "out there." My hypothetically desired SpaceX suit would be more grounded in reality, still. We could also mention TBL Galaxy Soldier in this context, but she's really a different genre ("Spaceship Trooper" as opposed to Astronaut) and also, she lacks a bubble helmet which I think she'd need to qualify. Ditto for two other personal favorites (reaching way back here) Sea Figures Moon Girl and Falcon Z1.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It may not be the greatest likeness but I instantly recognised it anyway. Such a good movie.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
It says in the overview image that the head sculpt is being updated. So there may be more of Anne in there when they're done. In any case, I already like it as it is, despite the hair looking a bit too simplified.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:It says in the overview image that the head sculpt is being updated. So there may be more of Anne in there when they're done. In any case, I already like it as it is, despite the hair looking a bit too simplified.
Right, let's hope it is an improvement, because this already looks very good, even if the likeness is not stupendous. But what if they make it worse? Smile Since I determined that Toys Era, Premier Toys, and Toys Works are really the same outfit at different quality and price points (in the Homelander on a Budget thread), I can say their likenesses are sometimes great and sometimes a little off, so there is no guarantee.

Chip

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice looking set. And a female astronaut set is rare indeed, possibly unique.

I like it !

Not Quite Ian , but mine is not up to the realism of this late release , but still a worth while figure in my opinion .

Samantha Cristoforetti

female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer P1170574

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The munificent sum of $1.25 US will get you this at any Dollar Tree, to play with.  

Taken as a whole, no one would ever mistake this outfit for a serious purpose, but it’s cute and fun for doing a Comics type story or something.  Broken down to parts, you can get a serious use from some of the components.  The gloves are a true gem because, on any Barbie outfit where they are thematically suitable, they will hide those ridiculously unrealistic Barbie hands.  The helmet is also a small gem with many uses (for the price).  It does lack a faceplate, but if you remember not to throw away the plastic blister, you can repurpose a cut piece of it inside the helmet to make the bubble.

female - NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER toys: Space Explorer Dt_ast10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent sourcing, Chip and MBAM!

ukshaun

ukshaun
I decided to order Space Explorer, as my collection lacks an astronaut, and The Patherfinder is too pricey.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:The munificent sum of $1.25 US will get you this at any Dollar Tree, to play with.  ...

I was looking at similar sets today at Dollar Tree, but they did not have the astronaut! Good tip about using the packaging to create a faceplate for the helmet! I'll keep an eye out for this set!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum