OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Empty NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:36 am

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Brand: JXK
Name: 1/6 Reindeer
Item No.: JXK210A/B/C
Weight: 1101g (subject to actual factory shipment)
Material: Resin
Size: 34×18×30cm (length×width×height)
Packing box: 46× 40×20.5cm (length×width×height)
Order cut-off time: January 11, 2024
Shipping time: Early second quarter of 2024
Notes: Antlers are removable and replaceable
Listing:
Reindeer × 1 (with two pairs of antlers)

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0196
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0297
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0495
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0592
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0692
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0790
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0889
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 0985
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 10181
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 11173
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 12170
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 13163
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 14149
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 15144
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 16128
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 17116
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 18102
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 1992
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2080
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2172
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2261
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2351
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2447
JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 2543

#JXK #animal #reindeer

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Very cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 1f10

Diana

Diana
I might get the white one for a friend. But I'll wait. These tend to be available at space for quite some time after release and, strangely, cheaper than pre-ordering at Giantoy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just in time for Christmas! (Or not.) I love them. They did a really good job, and the fur is so detailed. Also, I cannot yet spot the usual overly-visible branding, so I'm hopeful it's somewhere underneath.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are neat, but they look more like wapiti (aka elk) rather than 'reindeer'...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:I might get the white one for a friend. But I'll wait. These tend to be available at space for quite some time after release and, strangely, cheaper than pre-ordering at Giantoy.
Animals seem always cheapesr at SPACE. MAybe because container shipment is cheaper for heavy resin stuff than aircraft shipping from giantoy? Or good connections to mrZ.

Anyway, great looking Elk here

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
With the bigger antlers they look like elk, with the other, reindeer. Pretty clever idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C 1f10

Doomhammer

I can not shake the feeling that these would look good as a dwarven ride...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have the feeling we'll end up learning a lot about deer too...
I read that elk are supposed to have a white coloring around their tail, but they're not showing us the tail end above...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I am not an expert on cervidae, so please do your own research on the subject ....no one has to take my word for it.  

That being said, I did just recently meet and interact with an entire herd of free-ranging reindeer in the Cairngorms and personally I don't think the model animal above looks like a reindeer, no matter what antler option. The body shape and the hooves are wrong....reindeer have huge 'snowshoe' type hooves, for one. Antlers totally wrong, too.

I really don't mean to split hairs over this. I get why these are being called 'reindeer' because in many places that just refers to 'the fantasy creatures that pull Santa's sleigh' and not an actual species. But if we are talking realism, then I just had to mention it.

Here are images of reindeer:  

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Elvis-0917-1024x684

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C D1ab23d064bc2a6b98ba491ca8e8cafc

JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Featured-image

11JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the beautiful reference photos, Sky. At this point I wonder to what extent they didn't do their research and to what extent this might be an error in translation. The bodies themselves don't seem that far off, but the coloring is definitely wrong, and the antler shapes do not correspond to the real ones precisely.

12JXK - NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Reindeer JXK210A/B/C Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:38 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These models just seem like generic 'elk' and/or 'deer' to me. Kind of look a bit like red deer, but yeah.... not exact replica of a specific animal. Just imo.  

I don't mean this as criticism, but when thinking about what animals to use in 1/6 scale, it's good to know if it is something realistic or more fantasy leaning.

Diana

Diana
I actually like these exactly because I thought they could pass as red deer, which is what would make my friend very happy. She considers the white stag to be her spirit animal.

I might get the brown one for myself. That will look awesome with the shamans. Smile 
And I'm working on switching to a larger display cabinet, so I'll have room for it. bounce

davidd

davidd
skywalkersaga wrote: ... I did just recently meet and interact with an entire herd of free-ranging reindeer....

Are those your photos? They are quite lovely pics of the animals, and the setting looks spectacular!

"Cairngorms" - Eastern Highlands of Scotland, so sez the online search results. I take it the reindeer were introduced here?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
davidd wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote: ... I did just recently meet and interact with an entire herd of free-ranging reindeer....

Are those your photos? They are quite lovely pics of the animals, and the setting looks spectacular!

"Cairngorms" - Eastern Highlands of Scotland, so sez the online search results. I take it the reindeer were introduced here?

Ah, no , not my photos.... I can share mine but still need to process them, eep! We went for our anniversary to that part of Scotland as we had not been since covid and we missed it so much. :')

Yes, the reindeer were introduced in the 1950s by a Sami herder from Sweden. They have remained there ever since. It is the only area of the UK that has a subarctic tundra habitat and climate to support reindeer!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Love the white stag for a fantasy backdrop, I thought of Narnia (last book, The Last Battle), and also quite a feature in past Celtic myth. Tempted…..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum