OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project - Smokin Nun

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project - Smokin Nun Empty Project - Smokin Nun Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Smokin Nun Smokin10

Project - Smokin Nun Smokin11
LOADING: Image(s)

I have always wanted to add a Nun to the collection, and this is about as far as i have come.

The figure makes use of a Worldbox AT203P Female Body Pale. I highly recommend these cool bodies!
The portrait YMTOYS YMT050B 1/6 Europe Girl Head Sculpt (original or copy, i do not know?).

The cigarette is custom made by me, made from a metal drill and painted.
The white section with black cross was custom made by me. I used white felt. I an ideal world, it should be made from thin white cotton. I do not possess the skills to make a cotton piece. Maybe in the future i could find someone to make one.

Much of the outfit came from an online Nun outfit that i adjusted.

The 1/6th Bible featuring real printed pages was something i stumbled across on ebay.

At the moment i am unsure on the head-gear. That might be updated in the future.

I was thinking of adding a vodka bottle or a bottle of beer.

-

Previously..
Project - Smokin Nun 1-6_sc16

Working on the cigarette, made from a cut down drill bit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

2Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
ukshaun wrote:

I was thinking of adding a vodka bottle or a bottle of beer.

lol!  yeah do it, it would fit the smoking, mini skirt wearing nun perfectly.
What a cool concept. I like it much more than the crazy nurse thingy figure from the new announcement section - cause this is a creative take on a figure.

3Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:52 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Interesting take. Too bad you can't find old-fashioned nun headgear to go with it -- it would be funny.

Project - Smokin Nun 93f48e10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Smokin Nun 1f10

4Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks cool, but without the proper outfit still looks like one of those too-cheeky nun impersonators. I realize it's a work in progress.

5Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:32 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Great start ukshaun.
At this stop point in your project you can head into any direction you want with her - gun tottin', knife wieldin' "tacticool" lookin' nun or the more realistic version where she doesn't smoke, drink (or cuss out loud).

Curious to see the path you take her on - looking forward to more updates from you of her !

6Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:22 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool character, UKShaun! The big cross on the collar feels a little over the top, but the overall concept is fun.

7Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:16 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Randam Hajile wrote:Cool character, UKShaun! The big cross on the collar feels a little over the top, but the overall concept is fun.

Yes and interesting concept you got going. I somewhat agree that the large cross is maybe a bit much for the idea. It makes me think of a Knights Templar or a Crusader rather than a num. But maybe that is just me.

8Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:14 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Interesting take. Too bad you can't find old-fashioned nun headgear to go with it -- it would be funny.

That headgear looks.. interesting!
Finding off the shelf 1/6 nun headgear is limited.

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks cool, but without the proper outfit still looks like one of those too-cheeky nun impersonators. I realize it's a work in progress.

I will be updating the headgear.

Allotropos wrote:Great start ukshaun.
At this stop point in your project you can head into any direction you want with her - gun tottin', knife wieldin' "tacticool" lookin' nun or the more realistic version where she doesn't smoke, drink (or cuss out loud).

Curious to see the path you take her on - looking forward to more updates from you of her !  

After checking out various 1/6 bottle options, i narrowed it down to two, vodka and whiskey. In the end i opted to purchase a whiskey bottle. The bottle is en_route from China as i type.

Randam Hajile wrote:Cool character, UKShaun! The big cross on the collar feels a little over the top, but the overall concept is fun.

The size of the collar was vey much inspired by a nun that appears during a music video. The figure was mostly inspired by the actress in the music video. I like the Nun's movies also.

NavySubGuy wrote:

Yes and interesting concept you got going. I somewhat agree that the large cross is maybe a bit much for the idea. It makes me think of a Knights Templar or a Crusader rather than a num. But maybe that is just me.

A num? ;D

9Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:18 pm

DarthJ

Since monks have been brewing beer for ages I would add a bottle of beer instead of Vodka or whisky.
On Aliexpress I found several nun outfits for reasonable prices.  You may find some missing pieces there.
If that nun needs transport a Citroën 2CV (don't know a 1/6 one) or sidecar may be appropriate.

10Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
DarthJ wrote:Since monks have been brewing beer for ages I would add a bottle of beer instead of Vodka or whisky.
On Aliexpress I found several nun outfits for reasonable prices.  You may find some missing pieces there.
If that nun needs transport a Citroën 2CV (don't know a 1/6 one) or sidecar may be appropriate.

Very Happy Are you suggesting she could be a drunken nun! actually, that could be fun, just don't let her get together with Capt'n Action in the Ammo Arms Smile . She's certainly an interesting character Shaun, be cool to see what or how else you progress her?

11Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
ukshaun wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:Interesting take. Too bad you can't find old-fashioned nun headgear to go with it -- it would be funny.

That headgear looks.. interesting!
Finding off the shelf 1/6 nun headgear is limited.

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks cool, but without the proper outfit still looks like one of those too-cheeky nun impersonators. I realize it's a work in progress.

I will be updating the headgear.

Allotropos wrote:Great start ukshaun.

After checking out various 1/6 bottle options, i narrowed it down to two, vodka and whiskey. In the end i opted to purchase a whiskey bottle. The bottle is en_route from China as i type.

The size of the collar was vey much inspired by a nun that appears during a music video. The figure was mostly inspired by the actress in the music video. I like the Nun's movies also.

NavySubGuy wrote:

A num? ;D

Ooooopppps! Ya' living in Maine where it is cold and damp makes my fingers stiff. Or maybe it's my age??? Oh well, NUN not num.

12Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:08 pm

DarthJ

BAMComix wrote:
DarthJ wrote:Since monks have been brewing beer for ages I would add a bottle of beer instead of Vodka or whisky.

Very Happy  Are you suggesting she could be a drunken nun! actually, that could be fun, just don't let her get together with Capt'n Action in the Ammo Arms Smile . She's certainly an interesting character Shaun, be cool to see what or how else you progress her?

Not at all, the monks were only allowed to have a beer with their meals. Most of the production was sold for the upkeep of the monastery or abbey.

13Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:15 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Smokin Nun Dsc00712

Project - Smokin Nun Dsc00713

Project - Smokin Nun Dsc00714

Updates..
1x New head wear.
1x Bottle of Jack Daniels

I was going to add the large black Bible, but figured that would look better on the base (which i have yet to work on) as she only has two hands,
one for holding a bottle, and the other to remover her cigarette, should she wish to do so.

14Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:19 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice to see your progress here. I must confess, I'm really digging that presentation with the simplistic backdrop. Got some Tatooine vibe with that color lol. But no, for real, it makes the figure pop out.

The little details here and there really making her better and better.

15Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Valiarde wrote:Nice to see your progress here. I must confess, I'm really digging that presentation with the simplistic backdrop. Got some Tatooine vibe with that color lol. But no, for real, it makes the figure pop out.

The little details here and there really making her better and better.

Thanks. The backdrop is temporary. Someday all my figures will be together. Maybe this year Smile
Other than adding a base, i think i am sort of done with this figure, not unless new ideas show up.

16Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually the backdrop works remarkably well -- I agree with Simon. She looks great, but I still think she needs a skirt.

17Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:43 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually the backdrop works remarkably well -- I agree with Simon. She looks great, but I still think she needs a skirt.

She is wearing a Nun dress, that's been shortened to fit her rebel like ways.

18Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually the backdrop works remarkably well -- I agree with Simon. She looks great, but I still think she needs a skirt.

But then she looks like a sexy nun cosplayer, not a nun. But she is your character, not mine.

19Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:49 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

But then she looks like a sexy nun cosplayer, not a nun. But she is your character, not mine.

She was inspired by a Nun in a music video Smile

20Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks cool. Reminds me of an episode of Sister Bonafice where they had “sexy nuns” while filming a silly espionage tv show at the convent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Smokin Nun 1f10

21Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She's coming along nicely Very Happy .

22Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:27 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks cool. Reminds me of an episode of Sister Bonafice where they had “sexy nuns” while filming a silly espionage tv show at the convent.

Thanks.
I cannot say i have watched Sister Bonafice. Google shanged the spelling to Sister Boniface.

BAMComix wrote:She's coming along nicely Very Happy .

Thanks. Other than the base, i am sort of done with this figure.

23Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:39 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Smokin Nun Nun_wo11

Project - Smokin Nun Nun_wo10

Plastic base that looks like wood arrived today.
I decided to remove one side of the metal bar, and have just one metal bar to steady the figure. I might paint the metal black as it is currently beige.

Killer Nun (also known as The Killer Nun) arrived today from Shameless Screen Entertainment
Not that my Nun figure has anything to do with the movie.

24Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:55 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
DarthJ wrote:....If that nun needs transport a Citroën 2CV (don't know a 1/6 one) or sidecar may be appropriate.
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks cool. Reminds me of an episode of Sister Bonafice where they had “sexy nuns” while filming a silly espionage tv show at the convent.

tres cool.
Dont know which was cooler - Boniface on a vespa WITH sidecar, the town called "Great Slaughter" or the super high crime rate within that small town.
Project - Smokin Nun XDmfi9l

..sorry didn't mean to go off topic.
I echo what Bam said - she's coming along nicely.

Pastor Jeremy needs some help taking out some bad guys - you game?
Project - Smokin Nun Mj2q9ThProject - Smokin Nun UJomnnf

25Project - Smokin Nun Empty Re: Project - Smokin Nun Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:57 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Allotropos wrote:
DarthJ wrote:....If that nun needs transport a Citroën 2CV (don't know a 1/6 one) or sidecar may be appropriate.

tres cool.
Dont know which was cooler - Boniface on a vespa WITH sidecar, the town called "Great Slaughter" or the super high crime rate within that small town.
Project - Smokin Nun XDmfi9l

Now there's an idea, a smoking Nun riding a Vespa! ..feels very Italian Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum