OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco
Born into slavery in ancient Egypt, in the time of the Pharaohs, Sakkara met an ancient vampire named Rath, who transformed her into the deadly and powerful Purgatori. Now, the deadly Sorceress straddles the line between good and evil in the never-ending battle of CHAOS! On Earth.

Packing List:

1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands with gloves
4) 1 pair x shoulder armors
5) 1 x bikini top
6) 1 x bikini bottom
7) 1 pair x suspender belts
Cool 1 x skull belt
9) 1 x necklace
10) 1 x choker
11) 1 pair x big golden bracelets
12) 1 pair x small golden bracelets
13) 1 pair x sleeves
14) 1 pair x wrist armors
15) 1 pair x thigh high boots
16) 1 pair x open wings
17) 1 pair x folded wings
18) 1 x blood goblet
19) 1 x serpentine sword
20) 1 pair x horns

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 01
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 02
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 03
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 04

Standard Phicen figure box size, which means no base included. First view of the box and its contents.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 05
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 06

2 layers. The second layer contains the wings.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 07
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 08
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 09
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 10

The skin tone is the first thing that strikes me. I tried to adjust my camera and the lighting to take the best possible pictures so as to reflect the correct color of the skin. The best I could describe is Crimson red. As for the type of body, I'd say its closer to S21B, with big bust size, toner abs, but not so thick thighs.

As you can see from the back, there are 2 holes made, for wearing the wings. So the Lady Bat is the next figure using this feature? I'll talk about the wings later.

And...I couldn't find a way to remove the garment! The bra, at best, can be released neck down, if you bend the figure. For the bikini bottom, I couldn't find any way to remove it! The suspension belts can be unhooked, but that's all. If i want a naked Purgotori posing with wings, I suspects i'll have to damage the garments by cutting them apart. And, it seems I don't have to worry about staining problem, judging by the looks of it when the bra is down.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 11
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 12
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 13
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 14
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 15
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 16

The rest of the accessories. The cup could stand on its own.There's not much challenge to put on the figure, as much of it is already done. I did have to remove the wrist armor, comprises of 3 parts, before i can put the skull shoulder armor. I was worried a bit that the black sleeves might be torn by the shoulder armor, but i proceed with caution. And it's ok.

As for the HS, the horns on top of the head can be rotated. I did not try to pull it out, in case it's hard to put it back in. So, with a bit of adjustment, the horns begin to look great on the head.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 17
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 18
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 19

So, here's the first look at the figure without the wings.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 20
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 21

Now comes the wings. There are 2 pairs, an open flapping wings for flying, and a closed one. The wings don't feel heavy, so i guessed i wouldn't have much problem posing the figure.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 22
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 23
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 24
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 25
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 26
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 27

And...there's no manual. So I guessed it's pretty simple to put on the wings...and it really is. I merely push the catch into the hole. It's tight, so the wings would not fall off, but it can be adjusted too, so you can decide how you want the wings to look on the figure. When the opened wings are used, i realised that might take up more real estate, if i were to display it.

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 28
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 29

The hair is cut shorter at the front, and longer at the back. So i tried to adjust the shorter cuts of the hair to the front, and i must say, the effects are not too bad!

Overall, i find this figure is a must buy, if you are a Phicen collector. The red skin tone is just too unique, anywhere in the market!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I really appreciate the review. Very informative with neat pictures.
I was waiting for it to see how the wings would attach... so it was as I thought, holes on the body instead of magnets... I may have to buy the "human" version they announced to custom a Morrigan Aensland.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Most excellent review as always! I've been considering acquiring this figure for some time now, I think she will make a good ally for my Lady Death
figure.

kyekye

kyekye
Great review!
I would have picked it up if they made the wings articulated in the same way they do with body (metal skeleton with skin over.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great review! I was dying to see how those wings attached. Still curious, do they feel like the socket is anchored to the skeleton inside? A little disappointed there are only gloved hands, as it limits customs options. But overall, I really like the look of the figure. You've got me really tempted now...

MerylAkiba

I love it, I just wish She had the "Betty Page" style bangs.

brassco

brassco
ReverendSpooky wrote:Great review!  I was dying to see how those wings attached.  Still curious, do they feel like the socket is anchored to the skeleton inside?  

no, it's just hard pressed in. I got a feeling, if the wings are detached and reattached too often, it might become loose.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much for the review and photos. Looks like a pretty nice product, although the criticisms are legitimate (no bangs, no un-gloved hands).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great review. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to adding her to Lady Death.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 C8485110

MerylAkiba

I wanted to add to your incredible review. I was watching a review of this figure on Youtube, the review is in French,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQyaQL-LEU

but I notice when the reviewer was showing the wings at the 4:30 mark, I could see his hand behind it, indicating the wings are slightly translucent

brassco

brassco
MerylAkiba wrote:I wanted to add to your incredible review. I was watching a review of this figure on Youtube, the review is in French,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQyaQL-LEU

but I notice when the reviewer was showing the wings at the 4:30 mark, I could see his hand behind it, indicating the wings are slightly translucent

Slightly, yes. Looks thin like real wings.

dadrab

dadrab
I had not taken time to read this review. I'm poorer for it, too.

Damn fine review of a mighty good-looking figure.

Thank you, sir.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was super excited to see this figure, because even though I had no idea who she was (meep), I thought.... well FINALLY I can make a Shaak Ti!!! ;p

(Though it might be a while, since I'd have to find the body floating around on its own on ebay somewhere, lol. )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I picked up the body and head sculpt loose from Monkey Depot a couple weeks ago. Still haven’t received my box set from Timewalker. I had to cut off the bikini — you were right Brassco — there’s no other way to do it. I haven’t pulled the horns off yet, but that’s next. Can anyone guess who I’m planning to make?

brassco

brassco
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 MV5-BMTky-ODYz-Nzg3-Ml5-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-Ft-ZTgw-Nz-Yw-NDU0-Nj-M-V1-SY1000-CR0-0-674-1000-AL

Hellboy female version? or his gf? hahaha...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha. Nope.

Not Hell-related at all, actually, but that would be kind of interesting to see.

Peaches

Peaches
This Purgatori figure is just beautiful. The vibrant color is amazing, and love the wings and details.

@MerylAkiba Sorry for being off topic, but could you please tell me who the head in your Avatar is? I have a friend that looks just like it and would love to make something with that head, LOL Very Happy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches, that’s Kristen Ritter. Onesixthkit put out a head sculpt of her to represent her character Jessica Jones on Netflix, but it was a fairly small run; I doubt he’d still have any.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another figure I finally got around to unboxing. She'll be joining the Lady Death shelf as soon as I can find the room. (Or I might just try to find a way to suspend her from the ceiling...)

Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 _dsc3020
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 _dsc3021

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks really nice! Thanks for sharing! : )

brassco

brassco
Stryker2011 wrote:I picked up the body and head sculpt loose from Monkey Depot a couple weeks ago. Still haven’t received my box set from Timewalker. I had to cut off the bikini — you were right Brassco — there’s no other way to do it. I haven’t pulled the horns off yet, but that’s next. Can anyone guess who I’m planning to make?

you have yet to unveil the figure you are trying to make...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He just posted it yesterday Smile

MerylAkiba

Peaches wrote:This Purgatori figure is just beautiful.  The vibrant color is amazing, and love the wings and details.  

@MerylAkiba Sorry for being off topic, but could you please tell me who the head in your Avatar is?  I have a friend that looks just like it and would love to make something with that head, LOL Very Happy.

I am so sorry, please forgive the latenes of my reply, it took me awhile to find. It is from Legend of the Cryptids:

http://hbimg.b0.upaiyun.com/0a738c770a90210da08b867866eba83232f869ff318ec-DCufdD

Here is the artist, William Nichols, link and portfolio:

https://www.deviantart.com/songjong/art/Legend-of-Cryptids-Abby-473686993

http://www.williamnichols.portfoliobox.me/portfolio?image#14

Oh the person is Krysten Ritter from Jessica Jones, I tried to run a gif as an avatar but it wont let me, so I am now using Dice from G.I.Joe
Phicen TBLeague Purgatori 1/6th Scale Action Figure PL2018-120 Giphy

I bought this for my sister for Christmas, the figure body and clothing is the same size as HotToys Rey and Jyn Erso, shoulder to HT Starlord. Head Scuplt links:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=992&search=custom

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-6-Scale-Jessica-Jones-Krysten-Ritter-Head-Sculpt/173000352341?hash=item28479fe255:g:~noAAOSwxKtX~hZc

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
brassco wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I picked up the body and head sculpt loose from Monkey Depot a couple weeks ago. Still haven’t received my box set from Timewalker. I had to cut off the bikini — you were right Brassco — there’s no other way to do it. I haven’t pulled the horns off yet, but that’s next. Can anyone guess who I’m planning to make?

you have yet to unveil the figure you are trying to make...

Here you go:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1308-dejah-thoris-custom-kitbash-nsfw-mild-and-slightly-edited-but-fair-warning

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum