OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

skywalkersaga

I love that Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts... hope I can manage to get him at some point. Though also waiting to see if they make others from the film.

JohnByng

Biopics should wait until the person is dead. If Elton John has approved the script then it is likely to veer from the truth.

They should make a biopic of Neil Innes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lplGAiqgPwQ

As to pirate movies, I am not a huge fan. I did enjoy PotC because it was silly and fun, but for me Walter Mathau is the greatest pirate; I really enjoyed the Roman Polanski film. Bob Hope was good too!

Maybe they will make an Alien movie with pirates? That would be a real money-spinner!

shazzdan

JohnByng wrote:Maybe they will make an Alien movie with pirates? That would be a real money-spinner!
I'd see that.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Delanie

I quite liked Cut throat island it ranked along with neverending story and the goonies in my book being fun movies.

PotC was good in that it brought the movie ride to life (a ride which I liked to tell my ex husband he'd broke , the boat we were in ran aground at the top of the first drop!) but 'sparrow drove me nuts in the subsequent films and the ending of 3 well that just plain wrong.

Alien was the first movie i snuck into under age I actually quite enjoyed it although like many scifi films i couldn't get my head around why they were wasting all of the resources in the ship dripping water, why was the rig pressurised what a waste of air in a spacecraft. Original was okay second not so bad 3 appalling even the book was terrible. 4 not so bad although see my above comments re water etc. but the 'moma' moma ending give me a break

Predator good action movie with Arnie pretty lack luster afterwards.

Black sails i liked the few i watched although I was playing Black Flag at the time and found that better not necessarily from the story but that it encouraged me to look up the history behind it I found Black sails at least those episodes i saw didn't go into the historical characters enough heck they just seemed almost whimpy to me.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote: Mmm, perhaps they decided that they weren't going to make any money. Princess Bride might have been a better choice.

QMX have already done a pretty good Westley. I bought one for Xmas.
https://qmxonline.com/products/westley-aka-the-dread-pirate-roberts-1-6-scale-articulated-figure

Ohh, so they did!

They haven't done Inigo or the villain yet though.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:I quite liked Cut throat island it ranked along with neverending story and the goonies in my book being fun movies.

PotC was good in that it brought the movie ride to life (a ride which I liked to tell my ex husband he'd broke , the boat we were in ran aground at the top of the first drop!) but 'sparrow drove me nuts in the subsequent films and the ending of 3 well that just plain wrong.

Alien was the first movie i snuck into under age I actually quite enjoyed it although like many scifi films i couldn't get my head around why they were wasting all of the resources in the ship dripping water, why was the rig pressurised what a waste of air in a spacecraft. Original was okay second not so bad 3 appalling even the book was terrible. 4 not so bad although see my above comments re water etc. but the 'moma' moma ending give me a break

Predator good action movie with Arnie pretty lack luster afterwards.

Black sails i liked the few i watched although I was playing Black Flag at the time and found that better not necessarily from the story but that it encouraged me to look up the history behind it I found Black sails at least those episodes i saw didn't go into the historical characters enough heck they just seemed almost whimpy to me.

I didn’t care for Cutthroat Island when I first saw it, but about three years ago I gave it a chance and found it really wasn’t bad at all — it reminded me of the old pirate films of Flynn and Lancaster — silly fun, as you say. I think POTC succeeded because Johnny Depp wasn’t the main focus — he shared the spotlight with Bloom and Knightly — which helped balance Depp’s usual over-the-top antics. I honestly didn’t care much for 2 & 3 — mainly because of the poor handling of pretty much all the other characters, and that crap ending for Will and Elizabeth. 4 was a little better — though mostly because of Ian McShane (and the mermaids). 5 was pretty good due mainly to the fact that they went back to the formula which made the first one successful— balance out Depp’s lunacy with more screen time and character development for all the other characters — and, at least, they corrected the moronic ending of the third movie with Will and Elizabeth FINALLY getting a happy ending.

Rogerbee wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote: Mmm, perhaps they decided that they weren't going to make any money. Princess Bride might have been a better choice.

QMX have already done a pretty good Westley. I bought one for Xmas.
https://qmxonline.com/products/westley-aka-the-dread-pirate-roberts-1-6-scale-articulated-figure

Ohh, so they did!

They haven't done Inigo or the villain yet though.

CHEERS!

I have the sinking feeling that QMX has given up on Princess Bride — aside from Nanjin’s commitment to Star Trek, QMX has really shown that when it comes to 1/6 they really don’t have a clue. They clearly are too stupid to understand how the 1/6 market works. Star Trek has had some missteps, but with Nanjin pushing them, they’ve managed to overcome and keep the product moving, but with Princess Bride, Supernatural and Firefly, they unwisely sat back waiting for a single figure from each franchise to sell out and never put out anything else. When they put one figure up for PO, they should have been teasing the next figure in the series, and when the first figure started to hit the customers’ hands, the next one should have gone up for PO. They did none of that and wondered why the franchises died before they had a chance to sell — clearly whoever is running the 1/6 division of their company is a complete moron. There has been continuous complaining about getting only one of the brothers from Supernatural, Mal from Firefly — and now Westley without Inigo, Buttercup, etc. it’s always great to see companies stepping up and doing this stuff, but it’s frustrating as hell when those companies turn out to be a bunch of imbeciles.

Now, as much as I’m bummed that this got canceled, I can understand the reasoning if they didn’t get enough POs to justify the factory expense. Sadly this figure wasn’t getting a lot of love from the get-go from the usual unimaginative collectors who instead want more Aliens, Predators, Terminators, Batman’s, etc.

Anyway... sorry for the rant.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

blitzway - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I have the sinking feeling that QMX has given up on Princess Bride — aside from Nanjin’s commitment to Star Trek, QMX has really shown that when it comes to 1/6 they really don’t have a clue. They clearly are too stupid to understand how the 1/6 market works. Star Trek has had some missteps, but with Nanjin pushing them, they’ve managed to overcome and keep the product moving, but with Princess Bride, Supernatural and Firefly, they unwisely sat back waiting for a single figure from each franchise to sell out and never put out anything else. When they put one figure up for PO, they should have been teasing the next figure in the series, and when the first figure started to hit the customers’ hands, the next one should have gone up for PO. They did none of that and wondered why the franchises died before they had a chance to sell — clearly whoever is running the 1/6 division of their company is a complete moron. There has been continuous complaining about getting only one of the brothers from Supernatural, Mal from Firefly — and now Westley without Inigo, Buttercup, etc. it’s always great to see companies stepping up and doing this stuff, but it’s frustrating as hell when those companies turn out to be a bunch of imbeciles.

Now, as much as I’m bummed that this got canceled, I can understand the reasoning if they didn’t get enough POs to justify the factory expense. Sadly this figure wasn’t getting a lot of love from the get-go from the usual unimaginative collectors who instead want more Aliens, Predators, Terminators, Batmans, etc.

Speaking of which, are they simply re-releasing Kirk and Spock?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes (and no). The heads are the same, but Nanjin had them make all new bodies — as people complained Spock was too buff — so, they had to re-tailor the uniforms (there was an upgrade on the rank insignia piping on Sulu’s uniform, I guess, which will also be on the remade uni’s). I’m glad people are able to get them again, but I have no intention of buying them again just for a couple of minor upgrades.

Edit: not sure if Kirk’s body is any different.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

blitzway - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Such a shame about the QMX Princess Bride line.... would really have liked a Buttercup. :/

And don't worry about the rant... I totally understand.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
I have the sinking feeling that QMX has given up on Princess Bride — aside from Nanjin’s commitment to Star Trek, QMX has really shown that when it comes to 1/6 they really don’t have a clue. They clearly are too stupid to understand how the 1/6 market works. Star Trek has had some missteps, but with Nanjin pushing them, they’ve managed to overcome and keep the product moving, but with Princess Bride, Supernatural and Firefly, they unwisely sat back waiting for a single figure from each franchise to sell out and never put out anything else. When they put one figure up for PO, they should have been teasing the next figure in the series, and when the first figure started to hit the customers’ hands, the next one should have gone up for PO. They did none of that and wondered why the franchises died before they had a chance to sell — clearly whoever is running the 1/6 division of their company is a complete moron. There has been continuous complaining about getting only one of the brothers from Supernatural, Mal from Firefly — and now Westley without Inigo, Buttercup, etc. it’s always great to see companies stepping up and doing this stuff, but it’s frustrating as hell when those companies turn out to be a bunch of imbeciles.

Now, as much as I’m bummed that this got canceled, I can understand the reasoning if they didn’t get enough POs to justify the factory expense. Sadly this figure wasn’t getting a lot of love from the get-go from the usual unimaginative collectors who instead want more Aliens, Predators, Terminators, Batman’s, etc.

Anyway... sorry for the rant.

Yeah there is stuff that really should be done that just isn't, purely because they aren't marketed in the way they should. I'd love to see new takes on the Universal horror stable, it's been SO many years since SSC did their line. The appeal of these movies still endures. It'd be nice to see a company fully take on HT with a full team that knows what they're doing. The players are all out there, they just need to come together as the right team. Marvel won't ride high forever and without Stan overseeing things I think that we may see a decline. What will HT do without their cash cow!?

The time will come...

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining about the new Kirk and Spock, Stryker! I feel the same way.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Rogerbee wrote:
Yeah there is stuff that really should be done that just isn't, purely because they aren't marketed in the way they should. I'd love to see new takes on the Universal horror stable, it's been SO many years since SSC did their line. The appeal of these movies still endures. It'd be nice to see a company fully take on HT with a full team that knows what they're doing. The players are all out there, they just need to come together as the right team. Marvel won't ride high forever and without Stan overseeing things I think that we may see a decline. What will HT do without their cash cow!?

The time will come...

OMG, you have no idea how much I cannot WAIT until the Marvel blockbuster movie obsession is over. It's something that makes my eyes glaze over all the time I have to see every millionth iteration. 

And I'm all for classic horror stuff, along with someone... aNYONE... taking on HT.

shazzdan

shazzdan
All you really need for a Princess Buttercup is a headsculpt and a dress. She wore a dozen costumes in the movie so it wouldn't be hard to find something already on the market that would be suitable. The red dress seems to be the most popular with cosplayers. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a Barbie dress that resembled some of the more elaborate Buttercup costumes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A dress or gown would not be a major issue, just the headsculpt, since it would have to be a custom or at the very least least customised. Which is not to say it’s impossible, just a lot of extra work. ;p

shazzdan

shazzdan
blitzway - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams - Page 3 Z

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/631330-princess-bride-customs.html

Headsculpt came from a bobblehead - sanded and repainted.

blitzway - NEW PRODUCT: Blitzway New: 1/6 "Cutthroat Island" - Morgan Adams / Morgan Adams - Page 3 FT408152AAlg

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is lucky when these bobble heads happen to be about right for 1/6 scale use.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, that’s so clever!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/631330-princess-bride-customs.html

Headsculpt came from a bobblehead - sanded and repainted.

Nicely done!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum