OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Andrew

It doesn't look brilliant, but I guess the face can be fixed. Hardly surprising. The Last one I got from VTS...that chainsaw lollipop girl was pretty poor too. I had trouble selling that one on.

DeltaForceChung

I liked Chainsaw Girl.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I liked Chainsaw Girl.

As do I. About the only thing wrong with that one is the paint on the hair (like they used metallic gold or something). As far as this, I’m still looking forward to it.

DeltaForceChung

I think I'll dress up like Chainsaw Girl for Halloween this year.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From VTS Instagram:
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 31109110
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 31072610
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 31449010

He who dies with the most toys wins!

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
See, that doesn't look so bad. And some people were already talking about modding her with the machine oil smudge on the forehead.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, they’re talking about a lot of things. Too short, doesn’t look like her, pin-head, major fail, it’s not like the proto. Blah blah blah. Happens every release.

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:See, that doesn't look so bad. And some people were already talking about modding her with the machine oil smudge on the forehead.

I'd love to get an extra head to do that look with. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't offer a second head, or go that route, since that look is so iconic.

http://reverendspooky.com

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
She does look a bit skinny to me, Charlize has bigger hips and a bit more definition in the legs. I would imagine someone will do a better body and head at some point.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Someone suggested they switch the body to a Phicen or a Jiaou Doll. I'd like to see how someone pulls that off with that arm. My guess is it'll end up being an useable disaster (we're not all Shovelchop81).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh I meant that even if one doesn't like the current paintjob (which does look better in the last set of photos posted), if you wanted to modify it (like ReverendSpooky is thinking) by doing the machine oil smudge, you would be changing (and perhaps improving) the appearance anyway.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More in-hand pics; i don't think it looks all that bad. It's not perfect, but for a bootleg product a $100 less than an HT, I'm pretty satisfied.

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 4f016310
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 92d5fe10
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 52360a10
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 0cfa5310
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 1db7d210
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 4adb8410
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 7e84b610
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 8fff5d10
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 09bf9c10
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 E7c11210
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 F3cdc110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Indeed. Some minor painting should be able to make it even better, as needed.

Andrew

Andrew
DeltaForceChung wrote:I liked Chainsaw Girl.

Hated it soon as I opened it. Insipid expression headsculpt, horrible sculpted hair, and that older sculpt phicen body with the odd sticky out boobs. Outfit was passable and I guess, if you'd played to game to any length, the accesories would have meant something. In the end, I managed to part most of the bits out. Traded the body for otaku parts Smile

Least favourite figure of the year.

Closer inspection reveals this to look ok. I guess the head paint could be tweaked, but nothing serious. Might even be nice.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Andrew wrote:Hated it soon as I opened it.  Insipid expression headsculpt, horrible sculpted hair, and that older sculpt PHICEN body with the odd sticky out boobs.  Outfit was passable and I guess, if you'd played to game to any length, the accessories would have meant something.  In the end, I managed to part most of the bits out.  Traded the body for otaku parts Smile

Least favorite figure of the year.

--

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More in-hand photos courtesy of Eamon over at the Freaks. Yikes! That tiny body is WAY under-scaled for Charlize (who's about half a foot taller than "Max" in real life).

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 140
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 237
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 337
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 436
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 535
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 635
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 735
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 831
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 931
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 1028
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 1127
film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 1224

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
She is getting mauled everywhere, what were VTS thinking!?

CHEER!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is an email I received today from Steve at Timewalker:

"Greetings,

Time is short, so the first thing we need to impress upon you is that you must reply to this email.  

As you are most likely aware, we caution our customers to be very careful about the preorders they place.   We base our factory orders on the preorders we receive from our customers.   Once we place a factory order, we cannot adjust our factory order up or down.  This is why preorder cancellations, especially last minute cancellations, can be so problematic.  

However, there are rare exceptions where we must preemptively reach out to you to find out if you still wish to go through with a preorder, because we've learned about a design, engineering, or quality control issue that radically deviates from the prototype images on which sales were originally made.  Unfortunately, this is the case with the long waited VTS Furiosa.

Please observe the picture below:

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 1226

This is a picture of the final product of Furisoa.  We believe this a radical departure from the images we were originally given to sell this product.   It is clear to us that a shorter, almost child-like, body has replaced the prototype body, and, though it is difficult to see in this image, other pictures show major differences in the head sculpt.  

The differences between the prototype and the final product are so striking that we can only conclude that sales made during the preorder period must either be re-confirmed or cancelled.

We have spoken to both distributors handling this product.  In each case, their containers ship next week.   We have been given a rare opportunity to adjust our factory order, based on the new information.  By the way, both distributors report that VTS has no intention altering this product for release later.   Production is complete. This is the way your figure will look.  

So, without further adieu, we need you to immediately reply to the following question:

Do you still wish to keep your order?   YES or NO.

If yes, we will bring product in for you.  Please note, this is your only opportunity to cancel.

If no, we will cancel your preorder obligation.  By Tuesday, silence will be treated as a cancellation, but we would prefer to hear from you.  We are simply not bringing in product that we can't sell.  

Please reply right way.  Again, we don't have much time to get back to our distributors.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Steven Allen
Timewalker Enterprises, Inc."

I just hope he doesn't have to still order by the case in the event there's someone who says "Sure. Keep my PO." I canceled mine, but if he ends up with stock anyway, I'll probably end up getting it. I don't like to screw the retailers over once I place a PO (I've brought this issue up in a thread I created over at the Old Site a few years ago).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Can't say fairer than that. Good of Timewalker to offer to do that.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh wow. I've never seen a letter like that from a seller! Huge respect to Timewalker for doing that.

I'm still good to go on mine. I really do think the figure looks good otherwise, but damn, what IS with the height? You would think VTS would need to go through a lot of extra effort tooling the smaller body instead of just using a pre-existing one. If it really bugs me, I'll see about swapping out to a taller body. I was originally considering a custom Furiosa anyway, so this would still put me WAY ahead of starting from scratch.

ZombieKev

DamToy didn't quite threezero the bed -- The detail of the fig still looks great -- but the height of that figure is crazy. It really does look like a child or teenager. Even a body swap is questionable as you'll need new custom chaps and the head will then look out of scale.

I imagine there's at least one customizer who works for profit out there whose eyes just lit up with dollar signs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have it ordered on Timewalker and am wondering what to do...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there is another third party Furiosa out there. I'm sure I saw a head on FB. Just keep your eyes peeled in case one emerges. If one does, the VTS might provide spares.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there is another third party Furiosa out there. I'm sure I saw a head on FB. Just keep your eyes peeled in case one emerges. If one does, the VTS might provide spares.

Well, there is THIS and I own one, but it's not nearly as nice in hand, and even if it were, it would still be fairly far from perfect. Besides, with Furiosa, you really need not only the head and outfit, but also that mechanical arm device.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there is another third party Furiosa out there. I'm sure I saw a head on FB. Just keep your eyes peeled in case one emerges. If one does, the VTS might provide spares.

Well, there is THIS and I own one, but it's not nearly as nice in hand, and even if it were, it would still be fairly far from perfect. Besides, with Furiosa, you really need not only the head and outfit, but also that mechanical arm device.

This is true. But sadly, the size of the VTS figure is going to make a body swap virtually impossible, as everything would be undersized. I doubt you’d even be able to get her pants on a Phicen, which are the only female bodies tall enough to mimic Charlize’s height. The head would also then be too small, and probably the arm. As someone over at the Freaks pointed out, hopefully some other third party manufacturer is looking at this VTS debacle and seeing an opportunity, and will make an entire new figure.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I thought one of the ZBrush guys on FB was doing one, Vimal Kerketta maybe. Might be worth checking some of the FB groups.

CHEERS!

Skippy

First post here, copied from my post on OSW. Still finding my way around this page - it's all so new and confusing. :lol

Furiosa is one of VTS' best figures. Really intricately detailed.

She just happens to be very petite at only 10.5" from boots soles to the top of her head.

They used their smallest body and didn't even add ankle extenders. As Charlize Theron's character she scales at 1/6.65. So not much use for displaying with their Max, nor any 1/6 figure unless you resolve yourself to the idea that this is either teenage Furiosa from an unmade prequel, or merely a generic one-armed post-apocalyptic teen .

And that's what I did. Sounds like quite a few customers cancelled when given the option by their retailers, but I love this figure for what she is.

The sculpt is one of those that's hard to photograph, as in hand the paint and detail is nice. Camera flash here is killing it, but I'm no photographer.

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 ESoafhl

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 Vyjr8hF

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 YxEwUS7

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 8VA6qv6

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 16EyXkI

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 88wSc9q

Hot Toys' Jyn here is perfectly scaled for the 5' 3" Felicity Jones, whereas Charlize is over 5' 9":

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 2 3l6c1iV

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've seen someone over at the Freaks swapped out the body (I think), and added ankle extenders. I honestly think it looks worse with the ankle extenders added, cause now it looks like she's some kind of mutant with really long skinny legs. I didn't say anything over there, as most of those people are too clicky and very sensitive.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I've seen someone over at the Freaks swapped out the body (I think), and added ankle extenders. I honestly think it looks worse with the ankle extenders added, cause now it looks like she's some kind of mutant with really long skinny legs. I didn't say anything over there, as most of those people are too clicky and very sensitive.

I think that would be the HT Pepper Potts body, with the Furiosa arms plugged onto it.

It did look odd. That's why I took the extenders out of mine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum