OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
1/6 scale Wasteland Gladiator collectible features:

highly realistic head shape
-dark brown short hair sculpture. The
head shape is specially hand-painted
-1/6 scale body, 30 joint points
-about 30 cm high
-5 (5 ) Interchangeable hands (left and right hands with gloves), including:-one
(1) double gloved hand
-one (1) right hand gun
-one (1) open right hand only
-one (1) left hand knife

clothing :
-One (1) black tarp coat
-a black undershirt
-a pair of black knee trousers
-a shoulder strap belt
-one (1) pair of black boots and a metal leg

Weapon:
-a sawed short Double-barreled shotgun
-two (2) shotgun shells
-one (1) boot knife with sheath strap

Accessories:
one (1) Australian bulldog
-one (1) adjustable wrench
-one fire hydrant wrench
-one axe
-one (1) sub binoculars
- the base support

of The 1 / 6th Scale Wasteland Gladiator Collectible Figure Features:
- Highly realistic graphics or head Detailed Sculpt
-Dark brown colored short hair sculpture
-Head sculpt is specially hand-painted
-1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
-Approximately 30 cm tall
-5 (5) pieces of interchangeable hands (left and right with glove) including:
- One (. 1) pair of Open Hands with Glove
- One (. 1) right Gun Holding Hand
- One (. 1) right Open Hand
- One (. 1) left Knife Holding Hand

Costume:
- One (. 1) Black-colored Jacket with pauldron
- One (1) black undershirt
-One (1) pair of black colored pants with knee pad
-One (1) belt with shoulder strap
-One (1) pair of black colored boots with one metal leg brace

Weapons:
-One (1) sawn-off double barrel shotgun
-Two (2) shotgun shells
-One (1) boot knife with sheath strap

Accessories: -One
(1) Australian cattle dog
-One (1) adjustable wrench
-One (1) hydrant spanner
-One (1) hatchet
-One (1) pair of binoculars
-Figure stand

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181210
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181310
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181410
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181411
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181510
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181511
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181610
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181611
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181612
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181710
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181711
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181712
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181810
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181811
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181812
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181910
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 10181911

#newproduct #PremierToys #WildernessGladiator #movie-based #male #Sci-Fi

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
I had no idea Rutger Hauer replaced Mel Gibson for the sequel.

I do like the set but I don't think the sculpt is that strong.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually I like it a lot. Now that peanuts mentioned Rutger Hauer, I see that too, but I guess Mel had a bit of that look too at the beginning. While I was waiting for this to load, I was guessing what might be hidden behind the product title, and I'm impressed with myself that I guessed right.

ahbake

This is an amazingly good starting point for a Mad Max figure.
The HS is not so strong, but everything else looks great, just needs a bit more weathering.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like it. It’s not perfect,but Mel was a bit of a “baby face” back then, so it’s not far off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the set too. There have been a lot of attempts to do Mel's head sculpt and I can't think of many that have got it right.

The above is based on this shot from Mad Max 2
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 97238-mad-max-1979

Here is a closeup from Mad Max.
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 Maxresdefault

Skippy

shazzdan wrote:I like the set too. There have been a lot of attempts to do Mel's head sculpt and I can't think of many that have got it right.

Here he is in the first movie.
NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 97238-mad-max-1979

The first photo is the second film, Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior), after being shot in the leg and having his arm run over at the end of the first.

It was marketed as The Road Warrior, because apparently a lot of Americans didn't know there was a prior film, so Mad Max 2 wouldn't have made a lot of sense to potential cinemagoers.

The sculpt isn't great, but there's something there of the young Mel made up to look a bit older for the years that are meant to have passed between the first and second films. Civilisation, that had been hanging on by its fingernails in the original, had finally fallen into chaos.

The figure represents Max in his second outing.

Skippy

As usual, there's another one...

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 Presen10

Must be a 40th anniversary thing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ha... yes, these seem to come out in droves. Maybe it is an anniversary thing (haven't done the math) and they came up with the same idea. But I suspect most likely one outfit got wind of the other one doing it, so it decided to jump in on the fun...

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Ha... yes, these seem to come out in droves. Maybe it is an anniversary thing (haven't done the math) and they came up with the same idea. But I suspect most likely one outfit got wind of the other one doing it, so it decided to jump in on the fun...

Present claim theirs will have genuine leather throughout.

Their sculpt has been identified as a recast of Velvet Morning/Scott Pettersen's 'Wasteland Warrior'.

This photo is from siquisiri on OSW:

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 OPTION%2BC

Premier's is probably a new sculpt since nobody's claimed it yet. Their dog doesn't look like a recast of Scott's either.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest, I'm kinda liking the Premier set a little better. But it's good to have options. Let's just hope both companies put the brace on the leg correctly, and not upside down like VTS did with their Tom Hardy Max. That was a bit of a pain to fix.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Funny name for a Mad Max figure! Laughing

I like it though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually I like it a lot. Now that peanuts mentioned Rutger Hauer, I see that too, but I guess Mel had a bit of that look too at the beginning. While I was waiting for this to load, I was guessing what might be hidden behind the product title, and I'm impressed with myself that I guessed right.
Haha, same. I love trying to guess the property from the license-dodge names. I guessed this one too.

The HS is not great, but the outfit is very nice, (with a bit of added weathering, it'd be awesome!),

csyeung

csyeung
I was going to guess that Premiere was Present Toys, but that theory goes out the window haha. I wonder who Premiere really is. So many companies these days to keep track of!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:Haha, same. I love trying to guess the property from the license-dodge names. I guessed this one too.

I guess they say great minds think alike. And since yours is great, mine must be great too. Wink

csyeung wrote:I was going to guess that Premiere was Present Toys, but that theory goes out the window haha. I wonder who Premiere really is. So many companies these days to keep track of!

I guess you're right. This one seems to be new (really or nominally), considering the product number is PT0001. The knights I just reviewed were 003 and 004 for their company, Fire Phoenix, and had been released more or less at the same time as the previous two, 001 and 002.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
In my eyes the better set of the two, the other head sculpt is even more "off" despite what i think is going for an older look, thus no dog. Just refreshed my memory on max, having an already grey hair strain in part 2, would have bet he turned grey by part 3.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think we would all turn grey having to deal with this sort of stuff... Smile

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
You'd think being in australia where everything is out to get you,bite sting or poison you, the downfall of society would be a minor nuisance 😀

shazzdan

shazzdan
Tjolnir wrote:You'd think being in australia where everything is out to get you,bite sting or poison you, the downfall of society would be a minor nuisance 😀
Yep. We'd just rub some dirt on it and continue as normal.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If anyone is interested, there is an “interest” thread over at customonesixth for a new run of Mel/Road Warrior head sculpt:

https://customonesixth.com/threads/beastmaster-mad-max-mel-gibson-sculpt.192588/

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For anyone who may be interested in the custom sculpt that I posted about above, here is a pic of the render:

NEW PRODUCT: PREMIER TOYS: 1/6 Wasteland Gladiator Action Figure #PT0001 1cf50d10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The render does look excellent.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Already received and payed the invoice for this -- man, that was fast. Now to get that custom Mel head and I'll be set.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Already received and payed the invoice for this -- man, that was fast. Now to get that custom Mel head and I'll be set.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked and found an invoice in my mailbox too, so now hopefully mine is on the way. Is the custom Mel head happening and what are the details? Or is it one of those things that is too late to go into?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Already received and payed the invoice for this -- man, that was fast. Now to get that custom Mel head and I'll be set.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked and found an invoice in my mailbox too, so now hopefully mine is on the way. Is the custom Mel head happening and what are the details? Or is it one of those things that is too late to go into?

Not yet. The sculptor is finishing up a previous group project. The initial interest thread can be seen here:

https://customonesixth.com/threads/beastmaster-mad-max-mel-gibson-sculpt.192588/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum