OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugs...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

83Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

ReverendSpooky

skywalkersaga wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

He was SO GOOD in The Killing too!  And agreed, it would be great for so many things.  Wish one of these companies would get on it!

He really was! But then I have a soft spot for that whole show... absolutely adore the two main characters in it. <3

Seriously!!!  A Joel Kinneman head would be dynamite too (he was amazing in Altered Carbon ).

Mugs... - Page 4 Kinnaman-4652c9d

skywalkersaga wrote:And oh my gosh... totally unrelated to any of the above discussions, but while I was out today it suddenly hit me... I missed someone on my list....

.... Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne in (the original!) Twin Peaks!

I freaking LOVE her...such a girl-crush, lol. :3 I also just enjoy the whole Twin Peaks aesthetic and would find making Lynchian dioramas so much fun. Very Happy

There'd need to be an Agent Cooper to go with her though. Cause she's Audrey Horne and she gets what she wants. ;D

Yes x 100 to both of these!!  So love them both.  Of course, we's also need the Man From Another Place, and I'd have to start working on a black lodge diorama immediately.  That would be some damn fine coffee indeed.

http://reverendspooky.com

84Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am

skywalkersaga

ReverendSpooky wrote:

Seriously!!!  A Joel Kinneman head would be dynamite too (he was amazing in Altered Carbon ).

Ahh, yes, I am so fond of him. I like that he is not conventionally handsome, and yet so mesmerizing on-screen. A headsculpt of him would make an interesting character in Ephiane's world, perhaps... : )

skywalkersaga wrote:

Yes x 100 to both of these!!  So love them both.  Of course, we's also need the Man From Another Place, and I'd have to start working on a black lodge diorama immediately.  That would be some damn fine coffee indeed.

OMG, a Black Lodge diorama by YOU would be a dream (or perhaps nightmare?) come true! Very Happy

85Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

Pontiacivan

skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Mugs... - Page 4 Labyri10

Oh myyyy. Well it's stunning either way!! (albeit, at that price, forever out of my reach.... Crying or Very sad  )

My dog Loves to play Bowie as Jareth. Very Happy
Mugs... - Page 4 Img_6110

86Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Very Happy It's Mini-Jareth!!!

87Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lmao, Pontiacivan!! Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

88Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontiacivan, nothing is going to beat that photo in my day. I'm going back to bed.

89Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 am

blackpool

blackpool
getting out of topics but as the show was mentioned, I'd love to see some figures from altered carbon, there were so many good characters and outfits designs in this show!!!

Back to topic, I totally second the Twin Peaks suggestion, Sherylin Fenn would be fantastic, I wouldn't say no to a young Kyle Machlachlan (sorry I never coul write his name correctly lol)

About Bowie, a couple of figures might happen sooner or later, Kyung Ah Kim has sculpted two heads of David Bowie with iconic styles from 1974 n 1983, it got lost in the "molecule8" debacle but she might manage to have them produced or sold to a legit figures company (I do hope indeed)

Mugs... - Page 4 45826189_337518970162631_9079148027150837983_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram

90Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:getting out of topics but as the show was mentioned, I'd love to see some figures from altered carbon, there were so many good characters and outfits designs in this show!!!

Back to topic, I totally second the Twin Peaks suggestion, Sherylin Fenn would be fantastic, I wouldn't say no to a young Kyle Machlachlan (sorry I never coul write his name correctly lol)

About Bowie, a couple of figures might happen sooner or later, Kyung Ah Kim has sculpted two heads of David Bowie with iconic styles from 1974 n 1983, it got lost in the "molecule8" debacle but she might manage to have them produced or sold to a legit figures company (I do hope indeed)

Mugs... - Page 4 45826189_337518970162631_9079148027150837983_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram

Glad you agree re: Twin Peaks, and OMFG, that Bowie sculpt is incredible!!! I am swooning! <3 <3 <3

91Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know if I’d hold my breath on Kim’s Bowie; if Molecule 8 has those sculpts, they could be lost to her. She doesn’t work on a computer, so there aren’t “files” to be rendered from. It’s absolutely tragic what happened there. And after their Lennon, I wouldn’t trust them to produce a quality Bowie, and I certainly wouldn’t give them any more money.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... - Page 4 C8485110

92Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t know if I’d hold my breath on Kim’s Bowie; if Molecule 8 has those sculpts, they could be lost to her. She doesn’t work on a computer, so there aren’t “files” to be rendered from. It’s absolutely tragic what happened there. And after their Lennon, I wouldn’t trust them to produce a quality Bowie, and I certainly wouldn’t give them any more money.

That's such a shame :'(

93Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Yeah what happened to her was really sad. On the bright side tho, the picture I shared is coming from her private personal instagram account, she's been showcasing her two bowie's headsculpts for a few days now, explicitly mentioning her partnership with molecule8 was over, so I do have hope! Rebelions are built on hope! Very Happy

Regarding twin peaks it's one of my favorite tv serie of all times, just talking about it again I have the opening music stuck in my head lol

94Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, that Bowie head is just stunning. How has another company not scooped her up?!

Altered Carbon would be a blast (I want that backpack Kovaks is carrying all season Laughing ).

And so glad to see some other Peaks fans! Funny, a friend just came by this weekend and brought me Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks book as a belated birthday present. Looks gorgeous, and barely even had a chance to dive in yet.

95Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Yeah what happened to her was really sad. On the bright side tho, the picture I shared is coming from her private personal instagram account, she's been showcasing her two bowie's headsculpts for a few days now, explicitly mentioning her partnership with molecule8 was over, so I do have hope! Rebellions are built on hope! Very Happy
l

That's good to know. If she can produce these on her own, or with someone more honorable than Vijay -- I won't hesitate to get that Bowie sculpt; it's magnificent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... - Page 4 C8485110

96Mugs... - Page 4 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest I have never been a Bowie fan; that said, the workmanship of this head is amazing and the resulting piece is both accurate and attractive. I do hope that she is able to put this into production.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum