OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 39]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, Roger. It’s a really neat figure. Glad it works.

Theboo-bomb

Cool! Of all the star wars aliens amanaman was probably the one that freaked and still freaks me out the most.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad to see he's made it home! And I have to say, these look just like stills from the movie -- of they would, if it were not for the film being grainier -- and maybe smokier. I'm trying to say they look even better, but just as real and crowded as the real thing. Just don't go installing a smoke machine -- that would be a hazard.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, fellas. And no worries, Guv — no smoke machines.

Ovy

Ovy
Again, that lightspot really does the trick, so movie accurate

And I know now what themanaman reminds me of, a combination of all the characters in Monty Python's 'Find the fish'

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is so cool! And I agree the lighting is gorgeous and effective.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha, Ovy. Now I’m going to be thinking of that now.

Thanks, both for the regards.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This statue from Sideshow was originally teased back in May; never saw it before, but it should be going up fairly soon for PO. It's supposedly 1/6 scale. (If I had the money, or the room, it would be something to add a Rancor Pit beneath my Jabba throne room). But, I'm terrified what the price will be, since statues like this these days are going for insane prices.

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 1125x810
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree341

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, that would indeed be a very awesome addition, though of course I can understand being scared of the price.... O.O

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is as beautiful as a rancor could possibly be, but the price would be as hideous... as a rancor could be... surely. Smile I really wish they would have made it articulated, although that might have made it even pricier. If Gentle Giant ever applied their treatment to the Kenner classic Rancor, that might have worked better...

shazzdan

shazzdan
Oh no. Now you need to build a basement for your diorama.

blackpool

blackpool
That palace is getting better everyday, I love the anamananamananaman, I watched again ROTJ this week-end and I agree with Guv, your shots look like stills from the real set (that would be hilarious to have a few shots with civilians holding camera or technicians around the set... with some unmasked chewie?)

I do hope you find the funds and room to get this rancor beast, he seems fabulous, and man that would be insane to have it below your throne room!!! (then the cells, and the vaulted hallway, and the droid maintenance/torture room, and...)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:That palace is getting better everyday, I love the anamananamananaman, I watched again ROTJ this week-end and I agree with Guv, your shots look like stills from the real set (that would be hilarious to have a few shots with civilians holding camera or technicians around the set... with some unmasked chewie?)

I do hope you find the funds and room to get this rancor beast, he seems fabulous, and man that would be insane to have it below your throne room!!! (then the cells, and the vaulted hallway, and the droid maintenance/torture room, and...)

Ha! That’s a lot of extra rooms; I’d have to sell the house to be able to build all that. As a “Dirty Old Man”, I’d be more inclined to make the room where they stripped Leia of her Boushh outfit and put her in that slave get-up. Who did all that? Do they just have a roomful of this type of garb, for all different shapes and sizes of aliens? Hmmm...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! That’s a lot of extra rooms; I’d have to sell the house to be able to build all that. As a “Dirty Old Man”, I’d be more inclined to make the room where they stripped Leia of her Boushh outfit and put her in that slave get-up. Who did all that? Do they just have a roomful of this type of garb, for all different shapes and sizes of aliens? Hmmm...

If it is just a statue, I wonder if there might not be other, more affordable options out there. Although it is a gorgeous beast. And yes, the whole space-consuming thing... As for Leia's outfit, Jabba's preference in dancers (both before and after the infamous special edition -- which is at its very worst here) was for humanoid aliens of that approximate size... so no problem there.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I was looking for a rancor and found this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-12-Sideshow-Jedi-Luke-Skywalker-Rancor-Bone-1-6-Scale-Jabba-Dungeon-/193042276397

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 S-l1600

$30  Shocked

I'm going to save my chicken bones and sell them on ebay.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh man, the cheek of some ebay sellers...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, this Rancor statue looks great (though it's a bit undersized for 1/6 scale), and it's made of fiberglass and resin. It goes live for PO on Thursday: $1300 USD!!! (Out of my comfort zone, unfortunately).

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree342
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree121
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree343

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree344
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree345
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree346
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree349
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree348
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree347
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree350
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree122
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree123
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree124
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree351
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree125
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree126
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree352
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree353
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree127
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree354
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree355
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree128
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree356
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Scree357

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It does look pretty awesome. Though that price....dear lord! lol.

Ovy

Ovy
Never noticed that ring. Looks cute. If I was rich af I'd buy two: One to be dressed up in a pink ballet dress. The other I would send to Stryker, of course.
On the other hand, if I really was rich af there would be seamless fully articulated titanium skeleton rancors.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Never noticed that ring. Looks cute. If I was rich af I'd buy two: One to be dressed up in a pink ballet dress. The other I would send to Stryker, of course.
On the other hand, if I really was rich af there would be seamless fully articulated titanium skeleton rancors.

Now I wish you were rich AF, too! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the way that you think, Ovy! Fully-articulated silicone-flesh titanium-skeleton rancor in a tutu. Priceless! Well, I'm sure Sideshow would put a hefty price on it... Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeahh, don't forget this is SSC we're talking about, I doubt the finished Rancor will look as good as that does.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Yeahh, don't forget this is SSC we're talking about, I doubt the finished Rancor will look as good as that does.

True. But there Jabba 2.0 turned out pretty awesome. I can’t imagine this would be much different if they’re using the same techniques and paint apps.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

We will see.....

Ephiane

Ephiane
I already told you , i´m a Fan of Monsters ?

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 31 Money-10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Go for it, Ephi! Pretty pricey, though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane, I'm pretty sure with your skills you could sculpt one of these yourself for 1/6 the price! Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks Friends, i still have not enough room to place my actual monster collection. This is to big for me. i only bash monsters to place them into dio´s for to show them with Human figures. Dios have to be always bigger than the figures. I can´t build a dio for a 1:6 racor Beast

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
OMG what a epic build, it looks amazing! Great job on your diorama! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum