OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 39]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gorgeous scene, never can get enough of it. Is there an actual Luke in there under that cloak? Smile And isn't it weird that they didn't put any Tusken raiders in Jabba's palace, after emptying most of the cantina and the bounty hunter corps to fill it up? Maybe there is bad blood between the Tuskens and the Hutts... but anyway, I also think he looks good in here.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Chip

I think your Diorama is quite Magical Mark , and I have to ask as well , is Luke really under that cape ?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, fellas.

As to the question: Yes, there really is a Luke under there. It is the Sideshow Return of the Jedi box set. I don’t have thenHT version, but neither of them from a head sculpt perspective imho look all that great, so I opted for the moment when he first arrives in the throne room. Maybe I should actually pull the hood down to make that clear that it’s Luke...

BAD WOLF-787

Great looking Lando and indeed nice addition to your amazing diorama!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know, you have very high standard as to how Luke should look. And you're not altogether wrong. Just thought that if a cloaked figure would face away permanently, you might have saved your Luke for another display or enjoying in hand.

Diana

Diana
Juuuuust incredible. Shows that it pays off to focus on one thing.
Unlike me. Laughing

Valiarde

Valiarde
On another message board someone dropped a link to this Star Wars Project, named "Outpost One", in the middle of nowhere in Germany:

Just a very short yt movie but some very cool impressions already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1W9OkPLrao&feature=youtu.be

You have your own outpost one in your garage/house though. But it reminded me on it. Smile It is just so much work you put into that and it turned out super cool! Someday somwhere I need also a full room Diorama Razz Quiet the inspiration

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking Lando and indeed nice addition to your amazing diorama!

Thank you, Brother. Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:I know, you have very high standard as to how Luke should look. And you're not altogether wrong. Just thought that if a cloaked figure would face away permanently, you might have saved your Luke for another display or enjoying in hand.

Once I had him in hand, I knew pretty much from the start that I wanted him in the display. I’m thinking I might pose him just as he’s pulling his hood down — might make him more interesting.

Diana wrote:Juuuuust incredible. Shows that it pays off to focus on one thing.
Unlike me. Laughing

Thank you. It really was Sideshow’s amazing Jabba that made me jump on this project. It’s not even my favorite movie of the OT, but it had some really interesting characters in it.

Valiarde wrote:On another message board someone dropped a link to this Star Wars Project, named "Outpost One", in the middle of nowhere in Germany:

Just a very short yt movie but some very cool impressions already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1W9OkPLrao&feature=youtu.be

You have your own outpost one in your garage/house though. But it reminded me on it. Smile  It is just so much work you put into that and it turned out super cool! Someday somwhere I need also a full room Diorama Razz  Quiet the inspiration

Wow! That video was awesome. Such craftsmanship. Mine can’t hold a candle to what that guy is achieving. Thanks for sharing that link.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:

Wow! That video was awesome. Such craftsmanship. Mine can’t hold a candle to what that guy is achieving. Thanks for sharing that link.

Yours absolutely can and it's more than just one guy so...

I need to rewatched your thread in a quiet week for sure. Still haven't found the time for everything on this board Smile

ZombieTestSubject

I can't get over how excellent this diorama is and continues to become with every new addition. Lando , in fact everyone you've added look so perfect and real. I'm glad I remembered to come back and saw this.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Yours absolutely can and it's more than just one guy so...

I need to rewatched your thread in a quiet week for sure. Still haven't found the time for everything on this board Smile  

Thank you. I’d be interested in your thoughts for sure once you go thru it all.

ZombieTestSubject wrote:I can't get over how excellent this diorama is and continues to become with every new addition. Lando , in fact everyone you've added look so perfect and real. I'm glad I remembered to come back and saw this.

Thank you, your kind words are very much appreciated.

blackpool

blackpool
I'll never get enough of that diorama, it feels like we have someone on th emovie set sending us private backstage pictures, absolutely phenomenal.

I don't know why you didn't add the mythos boba earlier, he looks fantastic next to bossk and the mythos version actually blends in the throne room colors beautifully!!!

Feel free to post more, as many as you wish, this masterpiece is so unreal!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I'll never get enough of that diorama, it feels like we have someone on th emovie set sending us private backstage pictures, absolutely phenomenal.

I don't know why you didn't add the mythos boba earlier, he looks fantastic next to bossk and the mythos version actually blends in the throne room colors beautifully!!!

I'm happy to see this is getting the love it deserves from so many people. And lest anyone forget, and I'm sure Mark was going to point it out himself, blackpool has something to do with it! Smile I mean the gorgeous movie-realistic backdrop to Mark's amazing set. Given better geographical and economic conditions, I think you two should get together and make such things for a living. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I'll never get enough of that diorama, it feels like we have someone on th emovie set sending us private backstage pictures, absolutely phenomenal.

Thanks, Alex. When it comes to Boba... yeah, I wasn’t feeling motivated for awhile to put him together for quite some time — but now that I see him next to Bossk, I might have to change up the posing, as they look like they are mimicking each other.

GubernatorFan wrote:

I'm happy to see this is getting the love it deserves from so many people. And lest anyone forget, and I'm sure Mark was going to point it out himself, blackpool has something to do with it! Smile I mean the gorgeous movie-realistic backdrop to Mark's amazing set. Given better geographical and economic conditions, I think you two should get together and make such things for a living. Smile

Much appreciated, Ian. Indeed, blackpool’s backdrop, that he spent an insane amount of time on for me, really brings it altogether in a way I couldn’t have hoped to achieve.

Now that it’s getting warmer out, I need to get off my lazy butt and get back to work on the cabinet to house this beast.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing. Every time I see it I'm blown away by how fantastic it looks, and the more characters that get added, the more it just looks right out of the film. Makes me hungry for more photos! I get excited every time I see it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.  Every time I see it I'm blown away by how fantastic it looks, and the more characters that get added, the more it just looks right out of the film.  Makes me hungry for more photos!  I get excited every time I see it.

Same here. It really exudes that nostalgic feeling for me. Feel so proud that it is a creation of one of our own here on this forum. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I love the amount of hard work and detail you've put into everything, top quality really!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
When I look at these pictures, it reminds me of me sitting on the sofa with my little ones.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.  Every time I see it I'm blown away by how fantastic it looks, and the more characters that get added, the more it just looks right out of the film.  Makes me hungry for more photos!  I get excited every time I see it.

skywalkersaga wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.  Every time I see it I'm blown away by how fantastic it looks, and the more characters that get added, the more it just looks right out of the film.  Makes me hungry for more photos!  I get excited every time I see it.

Same here. It really exudes that nostalgic feeling for me. Feel so proud that it is a creation of one of our own here on this forum. I love you

Suchsneak wrote:I love the amount of hard work and detail you've put into everything, top quality really!

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:When I look at these pictures, it reminds me of me sitting on the sofa with my little ones.

Thanks, All. So many kind words, and so few to express my gratitude.

Ephiane

Ephiane
I love Your Bounty hunters and Lando. The new Lando they did in his bespin outfit is great to. May i ask ... there are two heads the jabba Lando has... are they both with a grim face ? And are that real glass eyes the Lizard Bounty hunter has ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ephi. To answer your questions: Yes, both heads for Lando have fairly grim faces. No, the eyes on Bossk are not glass, just gloss sealed.

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:

(BTW I'm back at working on your backdrop, sorry my friend for the crazy delays...)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

(BTW I'm back at working on your backdrop, sorry my friend for the crazy delays...)

Oh hey!! It's no worries at all -- I know what life is like right now.... :'D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wait, wait, what's that, another blackpool backdrop? You guys ready to let us know or will it be a surprise reveal? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! That’s so exciting. Sky, you are going to love it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Slow going on this cabinet. Now it's so freaking hot, I can't work in the garage at the moment. The parts that are painted are the only parts of the cabinet that will be actually exposed -- nothing else needs it.

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 _dsc3413

I have two panels such as this that are the sides of the cabinet (the removable keyed panels are to gain access to the lights on either side of the diorama in the event I need to change out a bulb)

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 35 _dsc3414

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very neatly and professionally done. The whole thing, not just the display area, will be a work of art.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Exciting to see it coming together!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool Mark! I like your idea of a hidden panel for your lights control, which I had thought of that when building the arms Very Happy . Looking forward too seeing how it progresses bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum