OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vallejo and other types of model paints -- tips and advice

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

skywalkersaga

Ovy wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ovy -- interesting! I hadn't realized it could be used in that way. Have you used it to mask eyes before?

Not exactly eyes, but I like to use it for masking when spray priming. It leaves no trace and can be taken of without messiness.

Gotcha, that makes sense! Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I've got a few head sculpt painting experiments coming up, this would come in handy, thanks.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Delanie

I've always used Maskol to cover small parts of irregular shape it's paint friendly

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humbrol-AC5217-28ml-Maskol-Bottle/dp/B006ZY3KZW/ref=asc_df_B006ZY3KZW/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345017124246&psc=1

skywalkersaga

Thanks, Delanie -- so many good tips here! You guys have helped me with something that was holding back a lot progress, so I greatly appreciate it. :')

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Many thanks once again for all the tips -- since they were super cheap on Amazon, for now I just got some kneadable erasers to use specifically for this purpose. So far they seem to be working well, though will report back in full once said projects are finished. It was important to me to have something I could leave on throughout an entire process of both sculpting/modd'ing and painting, and that could take weeks cause I'm sooo painfully sloooow. Razz So this eraser seems perfect since I can leave it on the object being worked on indefinitely and it's fine. 

Today I have [for once!] neither a question nor a complaint, but rather want to rave about some paints -- I finally started using Vallejo metallics and I have to say they are the best metallic paints I've ever used.... just amazing. I know people have rec'd them before, but I was dense and didn't realize what they were talking about until I watched a tutorial about them. ;p 

I've also been using Lumiere pearlescent paints lately, and highly rec those as well -- though they are not specifically modeling paints and thus a bit thick, so definitely need to be thinned before using for 1/6 scale stuff. 

Speaking of which, I likewise need to rec my new thinning method --- instead of water, which tends to make the pigments separate, I've been adding a couple drops of Vallejo airbrush thinner instead. Even though I don't even own an airbrush and just use brush-on techniques, it still works wonders. Again, I realize this is probably a no-brainer to a lot of people, but to me it's been a revelation and really helpful, so thought I'd share. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum