OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad you like her -- agree about the stupidity of the hair and about the coolness of the robot body.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

doodlehobby

Mine arrived on the 17th and still sitting inside the shipper box. Haven't had a chance to break her out yet. Hopefully have some spare time to look at it later. Lol

skywalkersaga

She turned out well (aside from the hair, obviously). I do love that metallic purple!

brassco

I too, received this sometime ago, and was still in the box. Usually i don't do HT review, but I just realize that there wasn't a detailed review here. So here is it.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Rpt
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Seg-vivi
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Sdr-vivi
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Rpt
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Oznor-WO-vivi

First look. Quite well packaged, other than the heart. I almost missed it. 

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Oznor-WO-vivi
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ptr
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ptr
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 10a

I accidentally pulled off the hair from the HS, and realized the eyes could be moved. The mechanism is quite good, i would say, as compared with the Elsa cartoonish HS with adjustable eyes, but is so hard to adjust, as the eyeballs are very loose. This HT's eyeballs are very adjustable.

Looking at the neck and HS connector, i am afraid that i can't fit this HS on a phicen body. So, I wonder if there is going to be a problem when the HS from MR TOYS is released:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3398-new-product-mr-toys-mt2020-1-6-scale-female-head-sculpt-w-movable-eye-ball-2-versions?highlight=MT2020+-07

I might be only able to use this rooted hair HS on the other product made by DAFTOYS:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3401-new-product-daftoys-f05-1-6-scale-battle-angel-costume-set?highlight=angel

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 14a
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 22
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 23
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 24
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 27

I decided to test the flexibility of the figure. The arm can go round the shoulder. On opening wide, the arms can only reached so far. I am however, able to pose it in a Y shape, by raising the arm up first, then bend down.

The feet, you can adjust the toes area, up or down. The thighs can also be turn (rotate). I can't achieve the split, like the TBleague Fang Hua Youth Chinese girl figure.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 30
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 30a
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 31a

The clothes, i hoped, would be stain free, as i wish one day i would dress it on a phicen body. The zipper can be detached totally. It feels like leather, with a bit of shining texture.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 35a
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 35b
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 35c

I made a mistake of slipping arms into the leather jacket from the back. It should be from the front. Not much difficulty wearing it. The problem, however, is the pants. As you can see from the last picture of this section, if you don't try to pull the pants up as high as possible on the figure, it would be very unsightly, especially if you stretch the legs. I pulled the pants up over the waist as much as i could, and it looked much better. I do notice the bottom part of the legs are shown, but it would be covered up by the boots.

Due to the design of the body, i don't see the nice curve that i preferred from the leather pants on this body. I might have to take it off later, as i fear there might be permanent stretch marks on the leather jacket and pants.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 39a

so there is no boots to be put on to the URM feet, but to replace it with. Looking at the connectors, i am afraid that this boots may not fit the phicen body, again.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 41
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 42
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 43
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 44

The figure can stand on its own, which i like. I compared it with a S09, and they are about the same height. Imagine my disappointment when i realized i couldn't fit the HS onto a phicen body...

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 45
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 46

There is a little chest plate that can be taken off, attached via magnets. I wished i could wear the jacket in front, so the figure could just unzip from the front to take out her heart...

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 49
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 50
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 51
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 52

Other accessories. Since i almost didn't notice the heart, i tried to search the box for the Motorball, if there is. I couldn't find. DAFTOYS's version doesn't offer too. Is there going to be a Motorball Armor version? There are 2 pieces of connectors, i think, and a white piece of i dunno what. Maybe keep them in case i need them...The sword would be the best accessories, IMO. 

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 53
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 54
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 55
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 56
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 57
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 58
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 59
Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 60

The base. The base is not heavy. It is much lighter than what TBleague offers. The wall can be attached and detached on will. There isn't any switches for lights. When i was trying to pose the figure on it, i realized that her feet can only be placed on 2 areas on the base. Or i can try to lift one of her legs onto the wall...

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 61

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great and thorough review, brassco. Nicely done. I think Ht did a pretty amazing job with this one, given the limitations of the body, and still managed to give it more flexibility than most of their figures. My one gripe is the hair, of course, and once I pulled it off I don’t seem to be able to get it back to where a bald part on her forehead (right at the part line) shows unpainted skin — ie, no hair line paint.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

doodlehobby

Thanks for the review. Still don't have time to open it up. Interesting, I was actually expecting this to be shorter and not TBL standard height. Kind of a let down for me as she is more a teenage girl in my view. But still looks well done overall.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review, brassco. While I'm not into the character, I think they generally achieved a very nice result. I don't particularly like the molded hair, but other than that I was thinking, so Hot Toys can do decent articulation after all! (Of course they always could, it's just that their design choices, especially as to clothing, have been getting more and more in the way.)

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the great review brassco! Is it weird that the sculpted hair was one of the reasons I never P/O'd this? I have seen some awesome rooted hair replacement by collectors though.

blackpool

blackpool
Very cool review, thanks a lot! I am too a bit diappointed to see she stands so tall, I don't remember the movie very well but in my memory she was a slender teenager. Overall it's a superb figure anyway (I like the way you pulled up a bit her pants, it looks much better than on promo shots)

Just curious about your opinion on the shoulder articulation, it makes me think of the bandai SHFiguarts double shoulder joints which I hate on figuarts since they are always loose and tricky to place correctly to have a nice result... How are these? Just freely rotating rings?

brassco

brassco
blackpool wrote:
Just curious about your opinion on the shoulder articulation, it makes me think of the bandai SHFiguarts double shoulder joints which I hate on figuarts since they are always loose and tricky to place correctly to have a nice result... How are these? Just freely rotating rings?

I am not sure what exactly you are asking about, but the shoulder are not loose at the moment, can circle 360 degrees, forward and backward about 60 degree each.

blackpool

blackpool
quite hard to explain, usually the shoulder articulation is a simple ball joint and swivel on most female figures, but this one seems to have a kinda "butterfly" shoulder joint as they call it for SHFiguarts figures.
It allows more movement and more realistic poses, but on figuarts the little "ring" part that is masking the articulation itself is often loose, turning around free, and not sitting correctly on the articulation, which makes the posing quite tricky... Just wanted to know how is this one, but as you mention it's not loose, the engineering is surely better!

doodlehobby

blackpool wrote:quite hard to explain, usually the shoulder articulation is a simple ball joint and swivel on most female figures, but this one seems to have a kinda "butterfly" shoulder joint as they call it for SHFiguarts figures.
It allows more movement and more realistic poses, but on figuarts the little "ring" part that is masking the articulation itself is often loose, turning around free, and not sitting correctly on the articulation, which makes the posing quite tricky... Just wanted to know how is this one, but as you mention it's not loose, the engineering is surely better!
The small shoulder pieces feel like they are pegged in and solid. They are not free rotating pieces of circular sleeves covering joints. However the hip area where they try to cover the ball jointed legs are free floating sleeves from my examination of the figure.

I hate the bare feet ratchets though. I can't have her stand straight as her feet are angled too forward or back. I can't get a proper A stance due to how the feet are designed. Ratcheted knees too so can only do so much. And tilting the ankles are scary feeling as I feel I might break the connector due to its tightness.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All of my joints felt quite tight when I first started working with her, but once you get them movable, they aren’t too bad to work with, and they hold poses well.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
doodlehobby wrote:
blackpool wrote:quite hard to explain, usually the shoulder articulation is a simple ball joint and swivel on most female figures, but this one seems to have a kinda "butterfly" shoulder joint as they call it for SHFiguarts figures.
The small shoulder pieces feel like they are pegged in and solid. They are not free rotating pieces of circular sleeves covering joints. However the hip area where they try to cover the ball jointed legs are free floating sleeves from my examination of the figure.

I hate the bare feet ratchets though. I can't have her stand straight as her feet are angled too forward or back. I can't get a proper A stance due to how the feet are designed. Ratcheted knees too so can only do so much. And tilting the ankles are scary feeling as I feel I might break the connector due to its tightness.

Thanks a lot for the input!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm also quite surprised by how tall this one is, and I never even saw this film, nor do I have any investment in it. But I did presume she was more teenage height, as well. It's odd because height is usually something HT get 'right'. Though perhaps in this case, she is the only figure from the film they are making so they didn't bother to scale her to any other characters?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

Stryker2011 wrote:All of my joints felt quite tight when I first started working with her, but once you get them movable, they aren’t too bad to work with, and they hold poses well.
More like certain poses for me. She seems pretty top heavy and with the ratcheted knees and ankles limits what really can be done in terms of posing. You can't fine tune them better for balance.

Since her body is more robotic in nature, I would have preferred some die cast in some key places that could have helped with the balance of the figure. But that probably would have jumped costs for this. :p

Another downside I have is her head constantly pops off rather easily. And, yeah, not too keen on the sculpted hair.

Overall a nice figure, just a few things that bug me, but still nice.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Cool piece. This is one figure that would have been 100% perfect for real hair.
I discovered today, via Justin's Collectibles live chat (on YouTube) that there is a Alita Rollerblade figure coming out. They failed to mention the company behind it. They did not show any images?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Cool piece. This is one figure that would have been 100% perfect for real hair.
I discovered today, via Justin's Collectibles live chat (on YouTube) that there is a Alita Rollerblade figure coming out. They failed to mention the company behind it. They did not show any images?

Here it is, Shaun.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5151-play-toy-new-product1-6-battle-angel-p017-a-sports-version-b-battle-version-p017-dx-deluxe-version

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Cool piece. This is one figure that would have been 100% perfect for real hair.

Here it is, Shaun.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5151-play-toy-new-product1-6-battle-angel-p017-a-sports-version-b-battle-version-p017-dx-deluxe-version

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
I wanted to pop in here and post some of my pictures Very Happy

HT always does a great job with the box art!

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 A4tmslp

I love Alita!

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 VENaJwS

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 WjVYlzJ

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Lhjgs8J

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 EH88R5n

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 BgsTk9r

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 ZY5usLA

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 RtS6PiW

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 KtyOdnj

With the black suit!!!

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 HTK46BO

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Cye7Ol8

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice to see you back. She's a cool figure indeed. I was never brave enough to put the leather on her as the pose I wanted to use would probably end up ruining that vinyl?/pleather? whatever it is.

I really hope we get the sequel to this movie some day. Bummed it didn't seem to do well at the Box Office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1f10

madnug

madnug
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice to see you back. She's a cool figure indeed. I was never brave enough to put the leather on her as the pose I wanted to use would probably end up ruining that vinyl?/pleather? whatever it is.

I really hope we get the sequel to this movie some day. Bummed it didn't seem to do well at the Box Office.

If it’s plether like it eventually decay itself even if not used, might wanna use it for another Alita kitbash with normal clothes before it happens.. something like mttoys

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice to see you back.

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 HpnoEyu

Stryker2012 wrote:

She's a cool figure indeed. I was never brave enough to put the leather on her as the pose I wanted to use would probably end up ruining that vinyl?/pleather? whatever it is.

Agreed!

I was hesitant too, mainly because of how difficult I thought it might be to put it on, but I found it not difficult at all. Yeah I think I’ve read a couple accounts of the suit peeling, unfortunately. But for me I wanted to have both looks displayed so I ultimately decided to go for it.

Stryker2012 wrote:

We neeeeedddddd another!!!!!!! Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 6XpMgck I’m still enamored with the film!!

Alita - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Zll43il

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum