OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the tips, GF! Smile

ReverendSpooky

Oh man Stryker, the story behind the bear makes it all the better!  I think that shows what a difference a backstory makes in a character, and how it really does inform the details when you're doing a build like this.  So rad.

Also, for those looking for a golf club:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TD79-07-DreamEX-1-6th-Ninja-Turtles-Casey-Jones-Golf-w-stick/401470105450?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6c8ec587c92e40a7bf0a6fac51e58769%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D401470105450%26itm%3D401470105450&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A326eb246-2a56-11e9-a220-74dbd180e77e%7Cparentrq%3Ac4b6a71c1680aa48700b58eeffc7c1c3%7Ciid%3A1

It is from the Dream-EX Casey Jones.

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh man Stryker, the story behind the bear makes it all the better!  I think that shows what a difference a backstory makes in a character, and how it really does inform the details when you're doing a build like this.  So rad.

Also, for those looking for a golf club:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TD79-07-DreamEX-1-6th-Ninja-Turtles-Casey-Jones-Golf-w-stick/401470105450?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6c8ec587c92e40a7bf0a6fac51e58769%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D401470105450%26itm%3D401470105450&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A326eb246-2a56-11e9-a220-74dbd180e77e%7Cparentrq%3Ac4b6a71c1680aa48700b58eeffc7c1c3%7Ciid%3A1

It is from the Dream-EX Casey Jones.

Yep. That looks like the one I bought.

Thanks for the compliment, Rev. And I agree, the more you think about where a character comes from, the more believable you can make them.

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the link, Rev!!

And I agree, the backstory made me go from 'what a cool looking character' to 'oh man I really feel for her and I'm rooting for her!' :')

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like the golf club mystery is solved. So three sets (at least) with golf clubs. That should give people some more choice.

I agree on the backstory. At least at this stage there may be an advantage to not making it too elaborate -- that way you can both keep more of an air of mystery for your new character, and give yourself flexibility for reveals and connections over time if you were to make an ongoing story.

Candle Jack

Candle Jack
I'm liking the use of that ACE headsculpt. Really great custom!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Candle Jack. Yeah, the moment I saw that head sculpt I knew exactly what I was going to use it for.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character - Page 2 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
She looks great! Could be straight out of Tank Girl or Sucker Punch. I'm having fun identifying parts LOL, I know that rifle, is it Action Man/GI Joe?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:She looks great! Could be straight out of Tank Girl or Sucker Punch. I'm having fun identifying parts LOL, I know that rifle, is it Action Man/GI Joe?

Thanks, Brother. Ahh, Tank Girl. Love that comic. Hilarious. I didn’t even mind the wacky Lori Petty movie.

The rifle came packaged with an illustration of an anime looking figure (like something out of Final Fantasy) wielding it. Not sure if it’s from an Anime, Manga, or video game. I just thought it looked appropriately Sci-Fi futuristic to fill my requirements. I see my character far enough into the future, where better weapons have been developed, but she scrounges anything and everything useful, regardless of its age, as long as it still works.

Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Using the actual helmet from the original set was a great idea, too.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I agree with Gubernator on the helmet. I's a really fitting detail. Might be fun to add some grafitti to it? Just a thought.

And I have a soft spot for the Tank Girl movie too. Lori Petty is adorable in it, and I think the scene with the dust shower, while they're playing that Portishead song is permanently etched into my brain.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:I agree with Gubernator on the helmet.  I's a really fitting detail.  Might be fun to add some grafitti to it?  Just a thought.

And I have a soft spot for the Tank Girl movie too.  Lori Petty is adorable in it, and I think the scene with the dust shower, while they're playing that Portishead song is permanently etched into my brain.  

I was thinking about writing something on the helmet, but just couldn’t come up with the right words that were brief enough to convey the message I wanted.

Lori was, indeed, adorable in TG. Anyone remember it was Naomi Watts as her nerdy sidekick...?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny, this head sculpt has just a little bit of a Naomi Watts vibe...

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very nice. I was thinking of handing out a bunch of the old GI M1 helmets to my Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol girls myself, just because of the old-school retro look. Do they play much golf in the post-apocalypse then, or is that iron for clubbing zombies?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very nice. I was thinking of handing out a bunch of the old GI M1 helmets to my Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol girls myself, just because of the old-school retro look. Do they play much golf in the post-apocalypse then, or is that iron for clubbing zombies?  

Thanks. The golf club is just another tool for every day, run of the mill wacking the crap out of somebody who gets in her way, or has something she wants. The PA is a pretty cutthroat world. Survival of the fittest. Twisted Evil

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very nice. I was thinking of handing out a bunch of the old GI M1 helmets to my Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol girls myself, just because of the old-school retro look. Do they play much golf in the post-apocalypse then, or is that iron for clubbing zombies?  

Thanks. The golf club is just another tool for every day, run of the mill wacking the crap out of somebody who gets in her way, or has something she wants. The PA is a pretty cutthroat world. Survival of the fittest. Twisted Evil

One really useful P/A tool which I plan to issue to at least one member of my Pin-Up Patrol will be this fireman's Hooligan Bar.
https://www.blackopstoys.com/collections/gear/products/fire-fighter-hooligan-bar

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

One really useful P/A tool which I plan to issue to at least one member of my Pin-Up Patrol will be this fireman's Hooligan Bar.  
https://www.blackopstoys.com/collections/gear/products/fire-fighter-hooligan-bar

That’s a cool option, as well. Nothing says “I want that!” more than being bludgeoned to death with a grisly piece of iron.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

That’s a cool option, as well. Nothing says “I want that!” more than being bludgeoned to death with a grisly piece of iron.

Plus it's good for prying opening locked doors, crates and bashing in windows; all things we'll want to do when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
and your first attempt already looks really good. a bit of grime and dirt here and there and she´ll fit the theme perfectly.

oh and don´t shy away from trying stuff, can hardly count the mishaps i had in the years with going overboard, but learned a bit new everytime.

heck i even downright screwed up a good kp muscular body trying to fit the blaszkowicz head onto it.
yes it hurts but it ain´t the end of the world.

cheers

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Tjolner. I’ve thought about the grime, just haven’t gotten around to it. I have the attention span of a 4 year old, and now I’m on to other projects...

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
well you run in open doors in that regard. sometimes i switch topics as soon as i finished a game it´s based on, but on the other hand it keeps the hobby fresh for me and i´m not obligated to a time schedule.

that´s something very important and makes it relaxing compared to work; no pressure to deliver something on time and with a certain standard.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Tjolnir wrote:and your first attempt already looks really good. a bit of grime and dirt here and there and she´ll fit the theme perfectly.

oh and don´t shy away from trying stuff, can hardly count the mishaps i had in the years with going overboard, but learned a bit new everytime.

heck i even downright screwed up a good kp muscular body trying to fit the blaszkowicz head onto it.
yes it hurts but it ain´t the end of the world.

cheers

Agreed. She could do with a bit of grime.

csyeung

csyeung
Great job on this character Stryker!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, I'm happy to see her again. Just as gorgeous as I remembered!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Great job on this character Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I'm happy to see her again. Just as gorgeous as I remembered!

Thanks, fellas.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks interesting, the mix of stuff really drives the notion that it is post apoc.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:She looks interesting, the mix of stuff really drives the notion that it is post apoc.

Thanks. I tried to mix some modern and futuristic, and I figured if SHTF, found objects would become pretty useful unless someone was prepared ahead of time.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Sorry I'm so late to this but I'm glad I caught it! She's so cool she's hot!  I love you 

Seriously that's a great use of the Play company headsculpt, and the rest of it has that whole sexy/tough/kick-your-ass-while-almost-showing-hers look, with some witty absurdist touches. Golf club? Teddy bear? Love it!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Sorry I'm so late to this but I'm glad I caught it! She's so cool she's hot!  I love you 

Seriously that's a great use of the Play company headsculpt, and the rest of it has that whole sexy/tough/kick-your-ass-while-almost-showing-hers look, with some witty absurdist touches. Golf club? Teddy bear? Love it!

Hehe! Why thank you. I was definitely trying to make her as absurd — to an extent — as many of the video game and movie characters I’ve seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum