OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black series 6" figure collection

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black series 6" figure collection Empty Black series 6" figure collection Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:40 am

scalawag

scalawag
Hi all,

Not been around so much as I am not doing so much 1/6 stuff these days.

But I thought you may like to see my figures in other scales etc....

So here are my Black series 6" Star Wars figures (a couple of Bandais in there too)

Black series 6" figure collection IZwhBy0

Black series 6" figure collection NINmDBf

Black series 6" figure collection BviPKde

Black series 6" figure collection DE2lzTg

and of course ESB Bounty Hunters with their 1/6 scale buddies.

Black series 6" figure collection Idpt3Di

Still waiting on Zuckuss in this scale, but he is not available in the UK generally until March 2019.

I do like these but I can't say I am honestly an avid collector, they are just nice to have around.

Paul

2Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice collection, Paul; I really like the way you have the Troopers set up with the Dewbacks — like they’re in a scene.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black series 6" figure collection C8485110

3Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:34 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice collection, Paul; I really like the way you have the Troopers set up with the Dewbacks — like they’re in a scene.

Thanks Styker2011. I'm glad you like what I have done with the sand troopers. They are among my favourites.

Paul

4Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great collection and nice display. Both the scene and line-up displays look very good to me.

5Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks GubernatorFan, I am pleased you like the displays. I suspect i might have to redo these soon as I am running low on space again.

Paul

6Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:11 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OOOh, wow, this is EXCELLENT!! So sorry I missed it earlier. I am sometimes hesitant to click on SW posts in case they contain content that I'm trying to avoid, but these OT figures are wonderful.

And not only that, but you have them set up in a visually interesting and satisfying manner! Love the vintage backdrop for the ANH figures, and I also join in on the thumbs up for the Dewbacks! Your collection of bounty hunters is most impressive. Those stands you have the 6 inch figures on are very classy.

Are you planning to get the 6" Boushh Leia? I'd love that one myself, but not been able to find it for good price in the UK yet.

Thanks so much for sharing, these really brightened my morning. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:19 am

scalawag

scalawag
skywalkersaga wrote:OOOh, wow, this is EXCELLENT!! So sorry I missed it earlier. I am sometimes hesitant to click on SW posts in case they contain content that I'm trying to avoid, but these OT figures are wonderful.

And not only that, but you have them set up in a visually interesting and satisfying manner! Love the vintage backdrop for the ANH figures, and I also join in on the thumbs up for the Dewbacks! Your collection of bounty hunters is most impressive. Those stands you have the 6 inch figures on are very classy.

Are you planning to get the 6" Boushh Leia? I'd love that one myself, but not been able to find it for good price in the UK yet.

Thanks so much for sharing, these really brightened my morning. Smile

Thanks skywalkersaga, I'm glad you like them.

The vintage backdrop came with the 40th Anniversary Darth Vader. Its reversible too and has a Star Wars banner which fits on top but makes it too tall for this shelf. I think it is supposed to emulate the one Kenner sent out to people with the original figures.

It was the 40th Anniversary figures in 6 inch that first attracted me to this scale and started me collecting. I had the original 12 figures when I was a boy (my mum and dad got them when they were released by Palitoy here in the UK). I loved them so much and collected all of the next 3 releases too. So when I saw the same 12 figures being released in 6" scale for the 40th Anniversary I had to have them Very Happy.

I got the bases from a chap on eBay, but to date he has not listed any more of them. I would like to get some more, but may need to get alternatives. Its a shame as these are the nicest ones I have seen too.

I would love to get the Boussh figure, but like you I have not found one at an affordable price yet.

Paul

8Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
scalawag wrote:
The vintage backdrop came with the 40th Anniversary Darth Vader.  Its reversible too and has a Star Wars banner which fits on top but makes it too tall for this shelf.  I think it is supposed to emulate the one Kenner sent out to people with the original figures.

It was the 40th Anniversary figures in 6 inch that first attracted me to this scale and started me collecting.  I had the original 12 figures when I was a boy (my mum and dad got them when they were released by Palitoy here in the UK).  I loved them so much and collected all of the next 3 releases too.  So when I saw the same 12 figures being released in 6" scale for the 40th Anniversary I had to have them Very Happy.

That's SO great! I'm glad you could recreate some of your childhood faves and nostalgia in a new scale. Very Happy

What are your thoughts on that Black Series Vader? I still need a Vader in that scale, but have been hesitant. From your pics he looks better than I thought.

scalawag wrote:I got the bases from a chap on eBay, but to date he has not listed any more of them.  I would like to get some more, but may need to get alternatives.  Its a shame as these are the nicest ones I have seen too.

Ahh, yes, I believe I saw these on ebay as well. Was it the same person who also had some round bases with Rebel Alliance logo and Jedi Order symbol?? Cause I had wanted some of those as well, but missed out before they all went out of stock. Too bad he hasn't put anymore out...

scalawag wrote:I would love to get the Boussh figure, but like you I have not found one at an affordable price yet.

Aww, yeah. One of the frustrating things when it comes to so many SW figures in general over here. I'll definitely keep my eye out for any miraculous price drops, lol.

9Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:23 am

scalawag

scalawag
Hi Skywalkersaga,

Yeah that sounds like the guy on eBay. He does an lot of different figure bases, but not the ones I have since I bought them Crying or Very sad

I think the 4oth Anniversary Vader is very good, and better than any previous versions from the Black series. My understanding is that it was an all new figure.

Yeah it was nice to regain a bit of childhood. I kept all my original figures for a long while in my parents loft. I went to check on them one day and they were gone!!!! my mum had given them to a jumble sale Shocked Shocked ah well I hope someone else got as much pleasure from them as I did.

paul

10Black series 6" figure collection Empty Re: Black series 6" figure collection Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
scalawag wrote:Hi Skywalkersaga,

Yeah that sounds like the guy on eBay.  He does an lot of different figure bases, but not the ones I have since I bought them Crying or Very sad

Aw, yeah frustrating! Will keep an eye out for any other good stands as well. : )

scalawag wrote:I think the 4oth Anniversary Vader is very good, and better than any previous versions from the Black series.  My understanding is that it was an all new figure.

Thank you, that's really good to know!

scalawag wrote:Yeah it was nice to regain a bit of childhood.  I kept all my original figures for a long while in my parents loft.  I went to check on them one day and they were gone!!!!  my mum had given them to a jumble sale Shocked Shocked ah well I hope someone else got as much pleasure from them as I did.

Oh my, I'm so sorry... I would have been gutted! But that's a lovely perspective to have on it. :')

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum