OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terminator - partwork model

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terminator - partwork model Empty Terminator - partwork model Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I saw this in my local newsagent today

https://www.buildtheterminator.com/

To be honest it is probably crazy mad expensive but I thought the good folks on here might find it interesting.

I find it interesting in that the figure is supposed to be in 1:2 scale but it stands 0.95 metres tall which makes it 1.9 metres tall in real life. I'm pretty sure it was bigger in real life more like 2.0 metres tall.

2Terminator - partwork model Empty Re: Terminator - partwork model Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Oh my gosh, you know the scariest thing about that? .... The fact that it's the 35th anniversary! Ouch! Seems like 10 years tops to me! LOL

3Terminator - partwork model Empty Re: Terminator - partwork model Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Oh my gosh, you know the scariest thing about that? .... The fact that it's the 35th anniversary!  Ouch!  Seems like 10 years tops to me!  LOL

That’s how I felt when I saw that next week is the 30th anniversary of Disney’s The Little Mermaid (had to pre-order the 4K Blu-Ray).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Terminator - partwork model C8485110

4Terminator - partwork model Empty Re: Terminator - partwork model Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:01 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Did you read how long it'll take? Model complete in 120 issues! The other worrying thing is that I couldn't see anywhere on that page how much the price of the issues after the first one would be.

I've seen finished models from previous partwork series go for upwards of £3000 on eBay

CHEERS!

5Terminator - partwork model Empty Re: Terminator - partwork model Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:06 am

scalawag

scalawag
Part works are always a mixed bag I find.  They take so long to build, and you always have the possibility of the company stopping part way through the issues if it's not as popular as they thought it would be.  I know Diagostini have done that at least once before to my knowledge.

As for the height, it's a T800 so it should be able to fit inside of Arnies frame, and he is 1.88M tall according to Wikipedia, So I would say they got it pretty close to 1/2 scale.

Paul

6Terminator - partwork model Empty Re: Terminator - partwork model Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:35 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It would be interesting if Prime One were to release one, how much more overall would it cost compared to the total issue value of this!?

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum