OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini review - SideShow Jawas

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker asked in another thread about these so.........Yes, its those disgusting creatures, Jawas  Wink

These again are one of my favourite Star Wars characters, I love their scenes in the original film.

This is a set of 2 Jawas by sideshow.
Very nice detail indeed and lots of extras and options. They come with the droid caller and Ion blaster shown here, but also have an ion blaster pistol, hand held welder and retraining bolts which they could be holding, along with a variety of different hands.
The figures have light up eyes, and of course are smaller in stature as you would expect. One is also slightly taller than the other.
The joints are a bit sloppy and they can be tricky to get to balance standing up, but not excessively so.
The costumes are great and the material choices are good.

I love these little guys.

StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas 3vs8PiD
StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas DYhqzwm
StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas 6f4jyhp
StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas OGhzbNf
StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas UP17Nax

As always any comments are very welcome.

#starwars #jawa #sideshow #film

2StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for posting. They do look pretty cool.

Now my dilemma begins. I just found a post card from SS for $50 off an in-stock purchase. So, it’s either these little guys or their Johnny Blaze comic-book style Ghost Rider... Decisions decisions.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas C8485110

3StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for posting. They do look pretty cool.

Now my dilemma begins. I just found a post card from SS for $50 off an in-stock purchase. So, it’s either these little guys or their Johnny Blaze comic-book style Ghost Rider... Decisions decisions.

Sorry!!!!!

I am too biased to offer an opinion about which you should get mate.  These are very nice though Laughing Laughing

4StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I see where your loyalties lay. Wink

5StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ugh! Disgusting creatures! Just kidding and quoting C-3PO. These appear to be beautifully rendered. And they go with other parts of your collection (like the Tusken Raider). Here's a figure that you probably don't have to worry about Hot Toys doing better and regretting your initial investment. They look perfect!

6StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:59 pm

scalawag

scalawag
I think Sideshow often produce nicer offerings in this sort of non human figure than HT do.  
They really have done a nice job on these GunernatorFan.  All the little leather pouches etc... look great, the extras are spot on (even the restraining bolts have magnets for attaching to droids) and the choice of cloth for the robes and hoods are inspired.  The hoods are separate so you can arrange them however you like. And you get two of them in the box......Hard to beat in my opinion.

7StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. Once they managed to tighten up the bodies and started paying a bit more attention to details, they have done very very well. The realism of human faces with this outfit is still a tad tenuous, but much better than before. If you look really really close at the officer badge on the snowtrooper commander, you would see a little bit of a slip up on the paint. But that seems to be a rare problem these days.

8StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:56 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice,

There is a two pack in my local store, though they charge VAT and distributor mark up so they are way more than they should be.

Regarding bodies, what would the Asmus teen body be like? Too tall!?

CHEERS!

9StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:17 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:Nice,

There is a two pack in my local store, though they charge VAT and distributor mark up so they are way more than they should be.

Regarding bodies, what would the Asmus teen body be like? Too tall!?

CHEERS!

I don't know the Asmus teen body as it is not within my sphere of interest.

The taller of the jawas is 8.5" and the shorter one is a shade under 8".

I don't honestly know why you would want to swap out the bodies on these though. scratch

10StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You said yourself that the joints were sloppy, I figured that would be reason enough. I don't think that Teen body is that much taller, may even be the same size. Most use it for Laura from the Wolverine movies.

CHEERS!

11StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am sure if Paul doesn't find the figure's joints excessively problematic they must be good enough. Since I do not have it (them), I can't really shed light on them. There are various fixes for wobbly joints.

12StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I ordered these little guys after seeing these pics, I’ll see how the joints are when they get here. Thanks, Paul, for making my decision a little easier in ordering these guys.

13StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:I ordered these little guys after seeing these pics, I’ll see how the joints are when they get here. Thanks, Paul, for making my decision a little easier in ordering these guys.

Hey no problem mate, I'm glad it was helpful for you. I don't think you will regret getting these at all. The joints are a minor thing for me, but worth mentioning to give a fair representation of the product in this mini review.

14StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That's fair enough SSC bodies aren't always floppy and there are alternatives if one wished to go down that route.

CHEERS!

15StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 am

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Always toyed with these guys. Had them on pre-order with Sideshow but the card failed and they cancelled the order, keeping the deposit. Damnit. My fault though.

Still need a couple for the diorama I have planned

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

16StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
There's a set in the Movie and Television Store in Norwich, but they want over £200 for them and I'm not paying that much.

CHEERS!

17StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 am

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Rogerbee wrote:There's a set in the Movie and Television Store in Norwich, but they want over £200 for them and I'm not paying that much.

CHEERS!

Yeah that's sadly their price now, £200+

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

18StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It always was in that place as they get their figures from a distributor.

CHEERS!

19StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:51 am

scalawag

scalawag
Yeah that is pretty much the price they are here in the UK now.  My usual UK based on line store for these things dandyisland.com have them at £199.95 at the moment so a little cheaper.  

https://www.dandyisland.com/toys-collectibles/collectable-figures/star-wars-1-6-jawa-action-figure-2-pack-set-sideshow-collectibles-official.html

I think even at £200 in todays market they are pretty good value considering you get two Jawas in the pack, and all the nice extras too.  The recently released Dengar which I had arrive this month was £270 for a single figure, and if I wanted a second Tusken Raider I would probably be looking at the best part of £350 to get one Shocked  Shocked

I some times find there are German vendors on eBay who are often cheaper than UK sellers, at the moment no extra duty to pay and delivery is usually 3-4 days so not bad.

These are wonderfully iconic Star Wars characters too.

20StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
For me, those prices are pretty scary,

Particularly as, when the line first started, you could pick the figures up for £40. It's going to take a very special figure for me to want to pay anything like top whack for it.

CHEERS!

21StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:For me, those prices are pretty scary,

Particularly as, when the line first started, you could pick the figures up for £40. It's going to take a very special figure for me to want to pay anything like top whack for it.

CHEERS!

Yeah, I think the days of £40 figures are well gone i'm afraid.  If you want the figures now, the prices are high Neutral

I am not happy to pay these type of prices, who would be, but I will pay them to get what I want.  
I managed to find the SideShow Scum and Villainy Greedo (the standard one, not the limited edition one with the wanted poster) towards the end of last year, I had been looking for it for ages and when I did find it at a better than normal price it still cost me £350 from memory, and that was at least £100 cheaper than I had seen it before.
Sadly it is what it is, you pay the stupid prices and have the figures in your collection, or you don't. The world revolves on profit these days Crying or Very sad

I did just notice though how many "scum & villainy series figures I have.  As well as the Tusken Raider and Greedo I have already mentioned, my Bobba Fett, IG-88 and Bossk are all from that series too.  I don't know when the series dates back to or how long it ran for but there are some great figures in there. Sorry I have digressed.

22StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, it certainly is, and it's a pity.

I cashed in as much as I could when they were cheaper, got the full set of Endor Rebel troopers, plus a spare for bashing. The most I paid for an SSC was £75 for Indy, but, there was no way I wasn't going to have him!

These days, I live vicariously through the figures of others, which is why I'm glad this forum is here.

CHEERS!

23StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I may not be getting these guys after all. Sad Seems my order never went thru for some reason on Sideshow’s site trying to use PayPal, and now I no longer have that $50 coupon code. I emailed them to find out what happened, so I’ll see what they have to say... their web-site is seriously screwy.

24StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:I may not be getting these guys after all. Sad  Seems my order never went thru for some reason on Sideshow’s site trying to use PayPal, and now I no longer have that $50 coupon code. I emailed them to find out what happened, so I’ll see what they have to say... their web-site is seriously screwy.

I don't buy directly from them, which is mainly because of living in the UK and not wanting to risk Import duties Laughing But I have heard that their payment system can be hit and miss.

Its a shame if you have missed out on them mate.

25StarWars - Mini review - SideShow Jawas Empty Re: Mini review - SideShow Jawas Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker, the $50 coupon does sound like a decent incentive, despite the price. I hope they honor your original deal. In my experience, if provided with a clear explanation of the situation, they have been very reasonable.

Roger and Paul, you were lucky to catch on early and get the more reasonably priced Sideshow items. Except for the stormtroopers, I didn't, and have only gotten more recent releases, some of them on the secondary market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum