OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks pretty good. — the socks, as you mentioned, are the only odd choice on their part. It was a letdown he was barely in Avengers 2, and then killed off so quickly in BP.

skywalkersaga

It looks pretty good! And it's always nice to have more options for those larger bodies. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe ironing down that collar a bit, since it is sticking up quite high and looks somewhat out of scale. But that's just a slight tweak... : )

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. — the socks, as you mentioned, are the only odd choice on their part. It was a letdown he was barely in Avengers 2, and then killed off so quickly in BP.

I agree, I would have loved to see a more extensive and lasting role for him.

skywalkersaga wrote:It looks pretty good! And it's always nice to have more options for those larger bodies. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe ironing down that collar a bit, since it is sticking up quite high and looks somewhat out of scale. But that's just a slight tweak... : )

I agree about the collar, although I think it is part of the design -- there isn't even a top button, as it is meant to stay open. Perhaps if I get rid of the loose tie, as I'm thinking of doing, it would sit a little more naturally? A little cautious about using an iron on something this small and delicate. Perhaps a water treatment? Also not entirely sure as to how it should look -- it isn't a very classic or common look; if the collar itself is stiff, it will ride up on top of the shoulders even when worn quite open, wouldn't it? In the film it is all over the place, in part because in some scenes it is meant to look neat and in others disheveled. I managed to pull the shirt a little farther down and into the pants and tightened the tie a bit, for a somewhat improved look:

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Afasad13

Any more of that and I think our readers should get a fashion certificate. LOL

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

That does look a lot better!

And yeah, I probably wouldn't have ironed it either... if I need some 1/6 fabric to stay down I would probably try 'pinning' or 'tacking' it down with some carefully hidden thread. Though your solution worked out just fine, too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you agree. Smile By the way, Star Wars stuff coming up.

ZombieTestSubject

The arms dealer looks very good on that body.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:The arms dealer looks very good on that body.

Thank you very much, and glad you agree. I am wondering if I should not have tried an M35, but it does seem to work well with this M34. It's nice to find clothing that works with these heftier bodies.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XX: Hegemony77 sports bottoms

Hegemony77 is a UK-based Hungarian husband-and-wife team that specializes in creating clothing for sixth-scale action figures. The assortment is mostly casual and sporty, primarily for male figures (but there are exceptions), and often enough based on specific films or movie/game characters. This makes them perfect for customizers and kitbashers and, what is more, most of the clothing can fit a range of figures, as it is made of stretchy materials (alternately, some of the clothing is specifically advertised as ideal for particular bodies). I picked up a few of the simpler items over the years (mostly sweatpants and shorts for male figures) and I wish I had picked up more, as prices have risen. Anyway, here is a quick look, although I realize many of you are familiar with their work. Only the sweatpants/shorts in the photos below are Hegemony77 work.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0110

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0210

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0310

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0410

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0510

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0610

Here are links to their website and their Etsy online store:
https://www.hegemony77.com/
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Hegemony77com

What do you think?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. And a very funny and interesting way to display them. Look like some good grabs.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, cute figures and pics. And I do love Hegemony77's clothing! Just wish they made a bit wider range of styles (especially more for female figures). But their quality is top notch.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Not bad. And a very funny and interesting way to display them. Look like some good grabs.

skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, cute figures and pics. And I do love Hegemony77's clothing! Just wish they made a bit wider range of styles (especially more for female figures). But their quality is top notch.

Thank you both, I'm glad you liked them! They are pretty great, even if the ones I went for were fairly generic (although the sweatpants do depict those of a certain company that are super-popular in Europe and especially Eastern Europe, to Ovy's delight). I wasn't looking for a specific kitbash, but they've got those too -- Arnie with the branded Gym t-shirt outfit, Freddie Mercury at Live Aid, Superman, etc. I do wish they had a wider range of styles and also more female clothing, but I suppose some of this will come down the line. Their quality is top notch indeed. One could have hoped for lower prices, but this is essentially a one-woman outfit after all, and nothing here is exactly mass-produced. They actually have some discounts going on right now. Picked up a couple more items (actually it was meant to be more than that but scaled back when I saw the price).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXI: Various and Sundry Summery Things

It is far from the worst winter out here, but I felt I wanted summer at the time I shot these, so here we go. Actually, I had ordered and received (surprisingly fast) a few more Hegemony77 items, but only one appears below. It was a pair of green shorts advertised to fit the bulkier M34-M35 bodies, and you see it displayed on an M34; it would easily fit an M35, too, but smaller bodies would likely swim in them. I had also ordered a top to go with them from Hegemony77, but for once it was not stretchy enough to put on the M34. In the later photos he got a Magic Cube (SuperMCToys) wife beater (yes, I know it almost clashes, but try telling him that). Then there was a yellow and black dress for Barbie Curvy Fashionista figures, which fit quite well on an S29B, paired with Barbie (actually Ken's) flip-flops and a purse from one of the Harvey Potter sets. Finally, I had found discounted a ZY Toys set consisting of a tropical shirt, tan shorts, and brown sandals, which worked surprisingly well with an M33.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0711

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0810

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg0910

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg1010

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg1110

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg1210

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg1310

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Heg1410

It's a miracle... Max has recovered! (I told you not to make fun of him for the clashing top.) But see those unnecessary crutches? I think they will come handy -- especially for those floppy-footed seamless-ankled female bodies.

What do you think?

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think in the last pic you prevent us from seing your jesus figure just outside the pic. I wonder what body you gave him Wink

Anyway, they look good in all their clothes and the idea to use crutches for the seamless ankled phicen is genius haha

Thanks again for this useful thread

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, I love these! Jason Momoa looks great in his tropical shirt, and those shorts are nice too. I've had the thought of using the curvy barbie clothing for some tbleague's before, so it's great to see they do indeed work. And like Valiarde, I agree the crutches are absolutely brilliant idea. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I think in the last pic you prevent us from seing your jesus figure just outside the pic. I wonder what body you gave him Wink Anyway, they look good in all their clothes and the idea to use crutches for the seamless ankled phicen is genius haha. Thanks again for this useful thread

Thank you very much, and glad you agree. Yes indeed, Jesus was off to the right. Or maybe it was Santa Claus! What body? Hmm... if he's all bundled up, an M31 might be ok, but I would never insult the Son of God by giving him that. So I guess M33... But who can play the part? I don't have Ovy's long-haired Keanu, and I don't have a Jim Caviezel head... so Jason Momoa again?

skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, I love these! Jason Momoa looks great in his tropical shirt, and those shorts are nice too. I've had the thought of using the curvy barbie clothing for some tbleague's before, so it's great to see they do indeed work. And like Valiarde, I agree the crutches are absolutely brilliant idea. Very Happy

Very glad you liked them. I was surprised that the ZY shirt and shorts fit, and are fully functional, even to the point of getting him to sit. The great thing about those curvy Barbie Fashionista sets is that they (judging by this one, anyway) are a little stretchy, which makes them not only fit, but also fit better, and also they don't stain (or haven't so far). Some, like this one, also look reasonably realistic. I haven't focused on female clothing in this thread, as that is already covered amply by others, who beat me to the punch. But also because I don't dare experiment with some of the more striking outfits available out there (with their dark reds, blues, and blacks) for fear of staining -- and then the range of choices is also curtailed by the large proportion of overly-sexualized or plain weird items among them. But this may be a way around that. I've been meaning to show some of those floppy-footed seamless-ankled bodies using the crutches for awhile, but need to dig them out -- they hardly see any use so I don't keep them handy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the cargo shorts and her purse — but I think you know how I feel about men and flip flops... Razz

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the cargo shorts and her purse — but I think you know how I feel about men and flip flops... Razz

LOL I remember your phobia. I promise I was going for summery casual realism, not giving you nightmares! Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Nice one, the buffed guy in crutches looks like he will get into his next sports accident in no time.  The crutches reminded me of A Cure for Wellness I watched the other day. Maybe you could also give them to your most hated tbleague body.

Jasons Leather sandals look very great and realistic, beats any plastic elastic sandals by far.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Nice one, the buffed guy in crutches looks like he will get into his next sports accident in no time.  The crutches reminded me of A Cure for Wellness I watched the other day. Maybe you could also give them to your most hated tbleague body. Jasons Leather sandals look very great and realistic, beats any plastic elastic sandals by far.

LOL... with those horrible wrist joints, my most hated TBLeague body will have little use of these crutches, unless it has very well-coordinated armpits. Smile Jason's sandals look pretty good and are actually leather or pleather, not sure exactly. Unless modified, they are too tight for the TBLeague foot (as can be expected), but I managed to cram it in there. Within a few hours both of the upper straps (which are fake, in the sense that you can't loosen them, the buckle is glued on top) had snapped, and I had to re-glue them together, taking the opportunity to make them just a little wider. So far so good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXII: Various hoodie and overalls sets

Looks like there is a bit of a pattern to my more recent sixth-scale clothing purchases. Whether parted out or as sets, I have ended up acquiring a couple each of hoodie and overall ensembles, for modern civilian non-glamorous figures. With the hoodies I outfitted an M33 and an M34, especially as the hoodie and pants I got from eBay seller simplehappylife were advertised as "oversize," and able to fit "Phicen M33, M34, M35, M36, World Box AT027 and fat AT018." They certainly fulfilled their promise. The other came as an actual set ("Sweater Jeans Sneakers Set A") from eBay seller acec_union, and it is listed as their brand. This set includes a hoodie ("sweatshirt"), jeans, belt, shoes, and (unlisted in the product information and not depicted in the photos) a beanie. So I played around with a few options, and outfitted an M33 with a First Rate Matt Damon head sculpt that looks much more like Kellan Lutz to me (and I consider it to be him), and with the black beanie, hoodie, belt, and jeans from the acec_union set, and some black sport shoes I already had from ages ago. Although I wasn't trying particularly hard, the outfit turned out appropriate for Kellan, right down to the shirtless-yet-wearing-a-beanie look, which was actually intended to show the detail of the jeans and belt.  

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0110

The jeans have pretty fine and realistic stitching, functional pockets and belt loops; there is no leather brand label (I don't know if all jeans have one, but usually expect to see one). The belt has a functional belt buckle, and works well, despite being almost too wide for the belt loops. I was impressed that the fairly skinny jeans ended up fitting and, although pretty tight, allow good articulation.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0210

The beanie works reasonably well, although the sculpted/molded hair beneath it would act in a way real hair would not, and the fabric has the tendency to bunch up a little at the top of the head. The hoodie works very well, and is made of a soft and stretchy material that helps it go on, look natural, and keep articulation unimpeded. The shoes have non-TBLeague feet that still fit on the TBLeague ankle pegs, and I made the fit tighter with a couple of short lengths of elastic cord.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0310

I outfitted the M34 with a Hot Toys Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) head sculpt, and gave him the "oversize" hoodie and exercise pants from simplehappylife, socks from the Magic Cube Miles set, and a pair of Nike slides to make sure it was realistically casually unfashionable.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0410

Everything fit reasonably easily and works comfortably, without restricting the articulation at all.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0510

Lounging on the sofa enjoying some video gaming is therefore possible; it occurs to me that much of the seating for sixth-scale action figures tends to be a little low, resulting in somewhat odd posture.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0610

Cuke Toys just released a couple of overalls sets consisting of overalls and a top; I picked up the blue overalls but not the top, and put it on an M33 (I forget where the bearded head sculpt came from). World Box just released its Motor Mechanic set (WB-AT031), depicting a Russian mechanic ("Volk," meaning "Wolf") who is also part of a motorcycle club ("Forever Wheels"), consisting of a head sculpt, tattooed World Box body, overalls, tank top, molded moc toe shoes, a tool canvas beg (a sort of a cross between a tool belt and a fanny pack), a selection of four tools, a sleeveless vest with the motorcycle club logo, and a tire. I gave the World Box sleeveless vest and moc toe shoes to the M33 with the bearded head sculpt; the shoes (which appear to be the same as those used in the MCC "Old Soldier" set) fit pretty well even without resorting to any customization; the curved hard plastic soles, however, do not help stability, and the height of the shoes' sides practically eliminates ankle articulation. I gave another M33 the "Black" Jack Osborne Easy & Simple head sculpt, and the remaining items I had gotten from the parted-out World Box set: the World Box overalls, tank top, and tool canvas bag; he also got the shoes from the acec_union set mentioned above. Lo and behold, with a little heating, some shoelace loosening, and a bit of effort, the TBLeague feet fit inside!

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0710

The overalls similar but different, Cuke Toys utilizing more and larger and shinier buttons, more distinctive stitching, providing a button fastening to allow the garment to tighten or loosen under the arm pit, and making it possible to adjust the lengths of the straps over the shoulders. These are realistically functional, as are the non-adjustable denim straps on the World Box overalls. Most of the World Box overalls pockets are functional; all of the Cuke Toys pockets are functional. On the whole, Cuke Toys made the more functional and refined garment, but World Box's still seems more typical to me.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0810

As noted above, the World Box sleeveless vest has a large and detailed logo of the motorcycle club on its back, consisting of a skull image and "Forever Wheels". The World Box white tank top is distressed or outright soiled -- on purpose.

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb0910

The World Box sleeveless vest zips open or closed with a functional zipper. I gave the figures a few tools I had from before (although my actual toolbox and better tools are currently misplaced).

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1010

All in all, the various sets and pieces covered in the review appear to be well made and work and look well, and to allow customizing (or at least mixing and matching, as I have done).

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1110

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1210

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1310

What do you think?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The overall sets look pretty good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The overall sets look pretty good.

I'm glad you liked them too. I couldn't resist, even if I have relatively little use for them (but one never knows).

Just keep in mind that I mixed and matched, both among them and with the hoodie sets, which provided one of the pairs of shoes I used with the World Box overalls, while the World Box shoes (which are the same as those used for the MCC "Old Soldier" set) went to the figure clothed in the Cuke Toys overalls. The World Box/MCC moc toe shoes look pretty great, and it's nice that they can fit the TBLeague ankle peg without any special provisions, but they do limit articulation at the ankle and are not great for stability, given their hard plastic curved soles.

Personally, I don't particularly like hoodies (or beanies or slides) either, but I think those work pretty well too.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Part XXII: Various hoodie and overalls sets

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1110

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1210

TBLeague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Ctmb1310

What do you think?

What happens next?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:What happens next?

I would never consider that you might think up anything inappropriate! But it is left ambiguous on purpose. Smile

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:

I would never consider that you might think up anything inappropriate! But it is left ambiguous on purpose. Smile

Haha.. it appeared to be one step away from X rated.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Haha.. it appeared to be one step away from X rated.

I stand corrected, then, about your purity of mind. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Haha.. it appeared to be one step away from X rated.

Or possibly a horror show — the guy behind her with the hammer is worrisome!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Or possibly a horror show — the guy behind her with the hammer is worrisome!

See, there is a perfectly clean (if violent and messy) explanation! Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Violence and gore is ok, but no sex please that is too dirty Very Happy haha (ok in this case it would be a serious crime, was just speaking in general)

Thanks for the informative pics. Good thread

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum