OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

lawlaw91

I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part IV: Jeans and Articulation

lawlaw91 wrote:I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

Yes, they can (see photo below). The left one can also sit fine, it was just that the little office chair was too low and too fragile to show it seated properly.

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm19

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

lawlaw91

GubernatorFan wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:I like the jeans on M33....but I am curious, can it pose with such thick pants on?~

Yes, they can (see photo below). The left one can also sit fine, it was just that the little office chair was too low and too fragile to show it seated properly.

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm19

Amazing!~~Then I could invest some jeans for them too.......

skywalkersaga

Wow, is that a Tom Hardy headsculpt with the beard? He's gorgeous!

I can't tell who the other sculpt is from this angle, but it looks like he's having a fierce 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' type competition, while the other guy is just there for a super chill jam session. ;D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:Amazing!~~Then I could invest some jeans for them too.......

I am glad I could help Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, is that a Tom Hardy headsculpt with the beard? He's gorgeous! I can't tell who the other sculpt is from this angle, but it looks like he's having a fierce 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' type competition, while the other guy is just there for a super chill jam session. ;D

Well, it is some southern fun for sure. And I didn't feel like excavating for short-sleeved plaid and finding the boots again, so it turned out as informal as it is (not to use other terms). I was thinking the same thing when I tried out the head last night -- it does look like Tom Hardy with a beard. It is the head from the SMU Tier 1 Navy Seal Zero Dark Thirty Operator Type A set by Easy & Simple. The other one looks like Walton Goggins to me, but I actually don't know who it is or what set he came from -- been trying to find out to update my files. Help, anyone?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

Well, it is some southern fun for sure. And I didn't feel like excavating for short-sleeved plaid and finding the boots again, so it turned out as informal as it is (not to use other terms). I was thinking the same thing when I tried out the head last night -- it does look like Tom Hardy with a beard. It is the head from the SMU Tier 1 Navy Seal Zero Dark Thirty Operator Type A set by Easy & Simple. The other one looks like Walton Goggins to me, but I actually don't know who it is or what set he came from -- been trying to find out to update my files. Help, anyone?

LOL, just needs them to be 'porch-sittin' with some beers strewn about. ;D

And that's really good to know! For whatever reason, I have yet to find an 'ideal' Tom Hardy headsculpt, so that one might be a close enough stand-in! Very Happy

I honestly can't place the other guy at all.... the closest person he looks like to me is the guy who played Moriarty in the BBC Sherlock....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, is that a Tom Hardy headsculpt with the beard? He's gorgeous! I can't tell who the other sculpt is from this angle, but it looks like he's having a fierce 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' type competition, while the other guy is just there for a super chill jam session. ;D

I like that Hardy sculpt too. There's a lot of personality to it. I think the other one is supposed to be Andrew Lincoln (Rick in the Walking Dead). Although I do definitely see the similarity to Goggins. Not 100% sure, but I think it's actually the same head I'm using on my current project. Although he's already looking a lot less recognizable...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, just needs them to be 'porch-sittin' with some beers strewn about. ;D

And that's really good to know! For whatever reason, I have yet to find an 'ideal' Tom Hardy headsculpt, so that one might be a close enough stand-in! Very Happy

Very true, but I didn't have time to put together a real scene -- just testing whether the tightly-fitting jeans would allow M33 to articulate correctly at the hips and knees.

Although I agree that the head sculpt looks like a bearded Tom Hardy, I suspect it is intended to be Jason Clarke, who was actually in Zero Dark Thirty, and was sporting a beard too. Here are some options (also look at the Wasteland Ranger from VTS -- see HERE).

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Tomhar10

ReverendSpooky wrote:I like that Hardy sculpt too. There's a lot of personality to it.  I think the other one is supposed to be Andrew Lincoln (Rick in the Walking Dead). Although I do definitely see the similarity to Goggins. Not 100% sure, but I think it's actually the same head I'm using on my current project.  Although he's already looking a lot less recognizable...

As I said above, not sure it is supposed to be Hardy, but does look quite a bit like him. Thank you very much for the information on the other sculpt. I will take your word for it and go from there.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh! You're right, GF -- the Wasteland Ranger one is quite nice! Because of all the disappointment surrounding the Furiosa figure, I guess I'd kind of forgotten about it and/or forgotten what it looked like. I'm so used to seeing the other ones floating around ebay, and was not super enthused about those in terms of being a good likeness of him. It's understandable -- he's got one of those faces that seems like it would be tough to capture. I'm guessing the RAF one is supposed to be his character in the film 'Dunkirk'?

And ah, ok, I see....from the front angle I guess the bearded one doesn't look exactly like Tom Hardy, but it's still a really nice sculpt that I'll keep my eye out for! Very Happy

Rev -- I can see a bit of resemblance to Andrew Lincoln... if it is supposed to be him, it would make me lol, cause back in the day before either of those guys were super famous, they both acted together in a period drama adaptation of Wuthering Heights. I don't know...just an amusing juxtaposition/mental image. ;p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I actually think the Wasteland Ranger head is the best of all of them, imho; if you don't mind the beat-up look. I have that figure, but canceled (when Timewalker gave me the opportunity) Furiosa -- really bums me out how badly they did that figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker -- of course I don't mind the beat-up look! Very Happy And yeah, it does seem like quite a good figure, and makes it all the more unfortunate that the Furiosa....wasn't. :/

And GF -- never fear, my remarks about the photo weren't meant to be critical of the poses or the scene... on the contrary, it's such a fun pic, I love it! And the very simplicity of the backdrop and setting actually was better suited for making my imagination and ridiculous sense of humour run wild with it... Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And GF -- never fear, my remarks about the photo weren't meant to be critical of the poses or the scene... on the contrary, it's such a fun pic, I love it! And the very simplicity of the backdrop and setting actually was better suited for making my imagination and ridiculous sense of humour run wild with it... Smile

No fear, on that count anyway. Smile There are actually a few Tom Hardy head options out there (though some of the above may have gone scarce) on eBay (see HERE). I think most of them are pretty decent, though I also like what I have seen of the announced Parasitic Symbiosis figure (HERE).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:And GF -- never fear, my remarks about the photo weren't meant to be critical of the poses or the scene... on the contrary, it's such a fun pic, I love it! And the very simplicity of the backdrop and setting actually was better suited for making my imagination and ridiculous sense of humour run wild with it... Smile

No fear, on that count anyway. Smile There are actually a few Tom Hardy head options out there (though some of the above may have gone scarce) on eBay (see HERE). I think most of them are pretty decent, though I also like what I have seen of the announced Parasitic Symbiosis figure (HERE).

Thanks for those listings -- there were several I hadn't seen before. He seems to be a very popular face -- or 'non-face', in the case of Bane , lol.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part V: More Shirts and Pants

Here are some additional clothing items designed to fit seamless male bodies or comparable action figures. M34 and M35 wear the two variants of the shirts and pants from the Street Bruiser American Soldier (Guile) sets: no surprise there, as these were designed to fit on M35. M33 wears a sort of exercise pants with full-sized (rather oversized) pockets from eBay seller footful_mall (where the product is listed as "1/6 Male Trousers Casual Pants Clothing for 12'' Kumik, Phicen Figure Dolls"). These last are certainly long enough to work even if you wanted to use the ankle extenders for the M33, and as you can see they are very flexible. The other items I had picked up from here and there a long time ago.

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm20

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm21

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm22

Hope this is of some use.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:Part V: More Shirts and Pants

Here are some additional clothing items designed to fit seamless male bodies or comparable action figures. M34 and M35 wear the two variants of the shirts and pants from the Street Bruiser American Soldier (Guile) sets: no surprise there, as these were designed to fit on M35. M33 wears a sort of exercise pants with full-sized (rather oversized) pockets from eBay seller footful_mall (where the product is listed as "1/6 Male Trousers Casual Pants Clothing for 12'' Kumik, Phicen Figure Dolls"). These last are certainly long enough to work even if you wanted to use the ankle extenders for the M33, and as you can see they are very flexible. The other items I had picked up from here and there a long time ago.

Hope this is of some use.

Oh my God I have totally no idea what about the different between M33 with both M34 and35......they just looked the same size What a Face , by the way I love the T-shirt on M33

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A muscle-bound Lee Majors! Awesome! Now he just needs a white snow suit and a Gatling gun, a few of Santa’s elves, and your all set.

Thanks for the extra photos.

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:By the way I love the T-shirt on M33

I like it too. Wish I could tell you where it came from, but I've forgotten. It was from a parted out military set (most likely DAM or Soldier Story or Mini Times). Perhaps someone more versed with modern military figures can help identify it.

Stryker2011 wrote:A muscle-bound Lee Majors! Awesome! Now he just needs a white snow suit and a Gatling gun, a few of Santa’s elves, and your all set. Thanks for the extra photos.

You're very welcome. I just needed a large enough head to look good on the M34 body and didn't want to reuse one from a recent photo while also not wanting to excavate more head boxes at the moment. So that was it. Smile

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:By the way I love the T-shirt on M33

I like it too. Wish I could tell you where it came from, but I've forgotten. It was from a parted out military set (most likely DAM or Soldier Story or Mini Times). Perhaps someone more versed with modern military figures can help identify it.

Stryker2011 wrote:A muscle-bound Lee Majors! Awesome! Now he just needs a white snow suit and a Gatling gun, a few of Santa’s elves, and your all set. Thanks for the extra photos.

You're very welcome. I just needed a large enough head to look good on the M34 body and didn't want to reuse one from a recent photo while also not wanting to excavate more head boxes at the moment. So that was it. Smile

I am starring the M30 so long, I think that M30 is actually not that short that they claimed.....I means it is not too different compare with M35, with shoes of course.... Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:I am staring at the M30 for so long, I think that M30 is actually not that short that they claimed.....I means it is not too different compare with M35, with shoes of course.... Laughing

It is a bit shorter -- in the first photo they have comparable boots (same company) but different heads (and M30s is a bigger/longer head sculpt), with possibly different heights for the neck attachment. I just re-measured the bodies, and M30 is 27.5 cm to the top of the neck ball, while M33 is 28.5 cm to the same spot.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part VI: PIPI Toys 1/6 White Vest and Blue Jeans set

This product just arrived from eBay seller nygc61 (who also sells a different version, with a black top instead). The set includes blue jeans, a top ("vest," really a "tank top" or "wife beater"), and a black pleather belt with a slightly oversized buckle. It is advertised to fit the M35 TBLeague body, and it certainly fulfills that promise. The top and the jeans fit M35 very well (see first three photos below), although they are both a pretty tight fit, especially the jeans. When it comes to restricting the articulation, the top has no adverse effect (for obvious reasons), while the pants can also allow for reasonably deep poses. The stitching on the jeans is pretty fine, the buttons are represented by tiny metalic (or metal-like) caps, and all the pockets are functional. Moreover, the bottoms of the jeans are wide enough to accommodate boots (for convenience, I keep using the boots from the XRF sets above). The belt works very well, which is not always the case with these sets.

I would suggest that for even better articulation, you use this set with the slightly less bulky M34 body. In fact, as you can see in the last three photos below, it works perfectly well with the even less bulky M33, too, which makes it a remarkably versatile and useful set of garments.

I hope this was useful. What do you think?

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm23

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm24

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm25

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm26

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm27

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Clothm28

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. My only suggestion: use one of the "limp appendages" that comes with the body, to help the jeans look more "natural", instead of like they're on a Ken doll. It may not seem important, but pants fit a certain way on men, and it's only natural to see a slight bulge -- even if a guy has a tiny one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. My only suggestion: use one of the "limp appendages" that comes with the body, to help the jeans look more "natural", instead of like they're on a Ken doll. It may not seem important, but pants fit a certain way on men, and it's only natural to see a slight bulge -- even if a guy has a tiny one.

LOL I usually do use them, for realism. This time I forgot.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, no worries. The pants do look like a nice quality. And though the "wife-beaters" allow for articulation, it'd be nice if someone would start making T-shirts with sleeves, and flannel shirts, that would work with these larger bodies. Give them more of a manly job/look, rather than guys in suits.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, no worries. The pants do look like a nice quality. And though the "wife-beaters" allow for articulation, it'd be nice if someone would start making T-shirts with sleeves, and flannel shirts, that would work with these larger bodies. Give them more of a manly job/look, rather than guys in suits.

Good point, I also wish there were more of these. Look at the printed shirts in Post 1 and the army shirt in Post 30. They fit on M33 -- and they might possibly fit on M34, but I can't promise (don't know if I've tried).

Aria

In the very first photo, which head is that on the M34?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Aria wrote:In the very first photo, which head is that on the M34?

Ben Affleck by Eleven Toys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELEVEN-custom-Ben-Affleck-BVS-BATMAN-v-Superman-1-6-figure-HEAD-ONLY/192252053891?hash=item2cc31d8983:g:KpgAAOSwggpZbrne

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Ship-eleven-1-6-Scale-Head-Sculpt-Ben-Affleck-For-Bruce-Wayne-Figure-Body/253976903252?hash=item3b2233fe54%3Ag%3ABRIAAOSw9mpaTLOk&LH_BIN=1

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part VII: OneToys/World Box Street/King Fighter shirt

The collar-less top that came with the figure variously listed as King Fighter or Street Fighter by One Toys (with a body by World Box) works very well with M33 (and presumably smaller TBLeague seamless male bodies). For more photos, see my skateboard review HERE.

Kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 2 Tsb0410

Aria

Getting that head ordered. Very Happy

That shirt looks great. What's keeping me from using M33 or even M34 more is the difficulty in finding clothing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Aria wrote:Getting that head ordered. Very Happy That shirt looks great.  What's keeping me from using M33 or even M34 more is the difficulty in finding clothing.

It is from Mini Times MT012, Navy Seal Jason Hayes (David Boreanaz).
And that's why (the difficulty) we have this thread. Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum