OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Seven Pillars

Thanks very much for this guide. It really helps to see how the various bodies fit into the clothes.

I'm eyeing some E&S and Damtoys male military figures but if they're as limited in their poses as my VeryCool female figures then I'm replacing them with seamless bodies. The thing is what you've pointed out earlier in the thread is true: Phicen males are too broad-shouldered and over-muscled. I bought a BDU for my M35 and while the pants are ok, the shirt can't get around the shoulders. It looked like the Hulk bursting out of his clothes.

I wish Phicen would produce male bodies which are not superhero-proportioned, like the Jiaou males. Lean and athletic without being ripped to high heaven. How do you find the flexibility of the Jiaous, compared to the Phicens?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks so much for going to the trouble of taking the pics, GF! And the comparisons are indeed very helpful -- really appreciate it.

You are very welcome. More coming up today.

Seven Pillars wrote:Thanks very much for this guide. It really helps to see how the various bodies fit into the clothes.

I'm eyeing some E&S and Damtoys male military figures but if they're as limited in their poses as my VeryCool female figures then I'm replacing them with seamless bodies. The thing is what you've pointed out earlier in the thread is true: Phicen males are too broad-shouldered and over-muscled. I bought a BDU for my M35 and while the pants are ok, the shirt can't get around the shoulders. It looked like the Hulk bursting out of his clothes.

I wish Phicen would produce male bodies which are not superhero-proportioned, like the Jiaou males. Lean and athletic without being ripped to high heaven. How do you find the flexibility of the Jiaous, compared to the Phicens?

Thank you very much, I'm glad you find it useful (more coming up today, including something reflecting what you bring up). Generally speaking, the easiest Phicen/TBLeague to clothe would be the M31, which is unfortunate in some other ways but overall slimmer and maybe less broad-shouldered than the others. For example, my "Death Star Troopers" in my Star Wars threads use the M31 in generally tight Hot Toys uniforms (see Rivals and the links at the end of its first post). Some of the male Jiaou Doll figures are perhaps also less bulky than most TBLeague male bodies (but not necessarily so -- they seem to have fairly thick legs even in slimmer figures), but as noted here for a Jiaou female body in a Jiaou bodysuit, Jiaou's plastic skeletons with (only) metal joints have a harder time holding a more extreme articulated pose to begin with, and even more so when inside at least slightly restrictive clothing. So if you are going to dress him up completely, M31 is probably your best bet. M32 is also lean, but fairly broad-shouldered and, somewhat surprisingly since it is supposed to be a stereotypically Asian (Bruce Lee) body type, even taller. M33 (my usual go to) is slim compared to M30, M34, and M35, but does have pretty beefy upper arms.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part XXV: MIC Toys military male, Career Doll and Nouveau Toys female clothing

I picked up a few of the pieces from MIC Toys 001 Captain America (Camouflage Version) -- where "camouflage" means "stealth" or rather "undercover." For the most part they fit pretty well on an M33 body, which I outfitted with the modified (de-necked) MIC Toys head: certainly the pants, belt, and undershirt. The boots fit too, but just a little loosely, so I taped some electrical tape to the steel ankle pegs before inserting them in. The jacket is a tight fit, especially if you do not want the top push button to become unbuttoned. The sleeves are either a little short or the arms a little long (or both). The cloth hat fits pretty well, but it is a little oversized (to fit over the molded hair) and its shape is a bit odd, in part because of a cardboard insert over the forehead. Cutting this down to size ought to help a little bit. The dog tags and watch are from other sets.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0110

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0210

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0310

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0410

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0510

Next up is a chance find at a dollar store. Being from the dollar store, the quality is not top-notch, but the nurse scrubs (if that's what they are called in this case) work quite well on the small S25B body. The diminutive doll shoes and pink stethoscope are useless, but otherwise the two garments (pants and top) make do. There are some loose threads, however, that I should attend to.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0610

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0710

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0810

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0910

Finally, a few more outfits from Nouveau Toys: S17B's dress, S23B's denim skirt and boots, S19B's dress, and S25B's skirt and flat shoes. The separate skirts are a little wide at the waist, although I suppose that is better than being too tight. The dresses fit very well, and easily enough. S25B's top was too tight to button over the breast, but it is from some other set (I forget). The Nouveau Toys shoes worked on the "standard" and "smaller" (for S25B) feet pretty well. I loved the flats, actually, and wish I had more of them.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1010

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1110

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1210

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1310

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Those are nice finds! The VeryCool Spetsnaz on the s25b turned out really cute. I suspected that head might work better on that body once it was clothed.  And I agree that those flat black shoes are great -- I recently picked up a pair myself. I haven't tried any of the actual clothing from that shop yet, but I do like some of it. That white sundress is prob my fave of the bunch.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Those are nice finds! The VeryCool Spetsnaz on the s25b turned out really cute. I suspected that head might work better on that body once it was clothed.  And I agree that those flat black shoes are great -- I recently picked up a pair myself. I haven't tried any of the actual clothing from that shop yet, but I do like some of it. That white sundress is prob my fave of the bunch.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. I agree, the Ms Spetsnaz head does look better on these small bodies when they are clothed. I'll be looking into getting more flat shoes for the ladies; those high heels are killing me (and I'm sure they don't like them much either). Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some good catches. The fatigues look a bit big — which is odd considering the body used for Steve Rogers, but overall not bad. It’s funny seeing that Ripley head on such a short body.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Some good catches. The fatigues look a bit big — which is odd considering the body used for Steve Rogers, but overall not bad. It’s funny seeing that Ripley head on such a short body.

Thank you. About the fatigues, I think I see what you mean (although the sleeves appear to be a little short -- or are they that way in real life?). The body Ripley's head is on isn't that different in height from the other ones (except for the petite S25B) -- what you are looking at is the surprisingly different effect of flat soles vs high heels. But I had the same reaction, too. Nevertheless, if creates a neat variation in height among a bunch of characters which would not be there is they were wearing the same type of footwear (or none).

Ephiane

Ephiane
Another useful great Thread. Thanks for showing !

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 A5m6xa10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Another useful great Thread. Thanks for showing !

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And I think that statement is Stryker's motto.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Another useful great Thread. Thanks for showing !

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And I think that statement is Stryker's motto.

Indeed. Men should NEVER wear flip-flops, or mandals. Put some damn shoes on!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 C8485110

Alcina2k

I love this thread.
Somewhat off topic but I just discovered a very nice way to put socks on Phicen figures with pegged shoes, without destroying a good pair of miniature socks.
I use finger sleeves/finger cots - very cheap and you can get them on Amazon.
They fit the phicen M33-35 legs and calves perfectly.
I just put them on after removing The feet from the figures.
They fit perfectly, and I cut a very small hole so that the pegs can get through.
Enclosed some photos, I think they look pretty good.
They also come in many colors as well, and you can cut the length of the Cots to suit your purpose.kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 F29ef410
kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 83d98e10
kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 A19f7910

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent discovery, Alcina2k, thank you for sharing it with us!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXVI: SooSoo Toys, Vortoys, DiD, SW Toys, Flirty Girl, Nouveau Toys

Billy and Val (for more see HERE) decided it was time to show off the new baby to some of their friends. And while they are busy socializing, there's a look at a few more modern casual clothing items that can fit on TBLeague seamless bodies. The bodies used are M33, S25B, and Imperial Guardian.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0111

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0211

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0311

Our hosts are wearing more or less what their characters were meant to: Billy has his floral print shirt and belt and jeans from the SooSoo Toys set, with ACI Moc Toe boots (with loud shoelaces); Val has her blue top and jeans from the SW Toys set, with Nouveau Toys high-heels and a Flirty Girl Mary Jane Female Fashion Sets belt.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0411

Joely wears Nouveau Toys jeans and flats with a Barbie top. Jaime wears a shirt, khakis, and sneakers mixed and matched from the two Vortoys Parker Field Trip sets. Looks like he has outgrown his pants a bit and should get a longer pair.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0511

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0611

All the pants were tight fits, but they can sit fine. By the way, the lens makes her look so much bigger.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0711

The SW Toys Valentine outfit is a little loose on the S25B body, so no restrictions when posing there.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0811

The two Steves (Stiffler and Cap) were not particularly interested in babies, but monkeys they could not resist. Stiffler is wearing all Vortoys Tough Guys and Tools Sets items: shirt, belt, khakis, boots; only the watch is Click N'Play. Cap is wearing Vortoys Tough Guys and Tools Sets shirt and pants, but Kumik soft plastic shoes (which fit without problem on TBLeague male feet).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm0911

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1011

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1111

Frank wears the latest in German WWII U-Boat fashion from DiD: blue sweater and black leather pants, with some DiD jackboots, also genuine leather. A surprisingly easy fit, especially considering that the grey shirt from the same set was too difficult to don (though it might fit on smaller bodies).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1211

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1311

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1410

In case someone is interested in using the genuine leather pants from the DiD set to kitbash a terminator or a Mad Max or something along those lines, here is the unobscured detail. They would work also if the M33 was using the ankle extenders, and they are not a very tight fit. I'm not certain whether that guarantees they might also work on M34. I suspect M35 would be far too bulky. Note that they stain, and quickly. A quick wash with soap and water, and problem solved.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbm1510

I hope this was useful. What do you think?

BAMComix

BAMComix
great review of the figures Ian. I really like the M33 too. All the figures look very naturally posed and relaxed, which isn't always easy to do. I really like those stools too, they work perfectly Very Happy .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:great review of the figures Ian. I really like the M33 too. All the figures look very naturally posed and relaxed, which isn't always easy to do. I really like those stools too, they work perfectly Very Happy .

Thank you very much for the comments and the kind words. M33 is probably my favorite, although here it comes into play as a middle option between M31-M32 and M34-M35, for generic clothing fit testing. Others usually have me beat to the ladies clothes, and are willing to go for more exotic or dangerous (stain bait) outfits. As for natural posing, I try, although it occurs to me that the camera lens (just my phone) has a tendency to distort a bit, depending on what is closer to it -- like the size of "Joely" vis-a-vis "Jaime" in the armchair, or all those extra prominent shoulders -- they don't look that distorted in hand. The stools are great, and also a challenge -- given the small surface area and the lack of arm- or back-rests, it is harder to have action figures sit on them and not fall off -- even if they are relatively soft-surfaced TBLeague ones. So if you see that happening, it means the clothes allow for pretty good poseability. Have you picked up stools for your bar? I forget.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:great review of the figures Ian. I really like the M33 too. All the figures look very naturally posed and relaxed, which isn't always easy to do. I really like those stools too, they work perfectly Very Happy .

Thank you very much for the comments and the kind words. M33 is probably my favorite, although here it comes into play as a middle option between M31-M32 and M34-M35, for generic clothing fit testing. Others usually have me beat to the ladies clothes, and are willing to go for more exotic or dangerous (stain bait) outfits. As for natural posing, I try, although it occurs to me that the camera lens (just my phone) has a tendency to distort a bit, depending on what is closer to it -- like the size of "Joely" vis-a-vis "Jaime" in the armchair, or all those extra prominent shoulders -- they don't look that distorted in hand. The stools are great, and also a challenge -- given the small surface area and the lack of arm- or back-rests, it is harder to have action figures sit on them and not fall off -- even if they are relatively soft-surfaced TBLeague ones. So if you see that happening, it means the clothes allow for pretty good poseability. Have you picked up stools for your bar? I forget.

Sadly no, I do have some high seated stools that work well for standard figures, but when I TBL sits on one, they do drop down a little.
I know what you mean about the lack of normal clothes for females, it's not always easy putting stuff together, to stop them looking like 'two dollar hookers!'. I find it very frustrating. I do agree, some of the more risque outfits have a place, but they are just not my cup of tea, so to speak Very Happy .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What you guys say about the lack of 'appropriate' everyday female clothing is something I've struggled with since joining the hobby. It's not just the fact that the clothing is so overly revealing, but also the style of available clothing. I have a specific taste and it's not easy to find. Aside from the few options out there specifically for 1/6 tbleague style bodies, one solution I've found is to use certain types of doll clothing. Most doll stuff only fits onto the petite bodies, but sometimes one can find things that will fit the larger ones, too.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Sadly no, I do have some high seated stools that work well for standard figures, but when I TBL sits on one, they do drop down a little.
I know what you mean about the lack of normal clothes for females, it's not always easy putting stuff together, to stop them looking like 'two dollar hookers!'. I find it very frustrating. I do agree, some of the more risque outfits have a place, but they are just not my cup of tea, so to speak Very Happy .

Well, if you like them, the stools are parted out from DiD sets, if I recall. Chairs with springs in them, including some bar types, would indeed drop a bit when a TBLeague sits in them -- I haven't used mine in ages, as I haven't quite unpacked those boxes.

Outfits are getting remarkably expensive, and one often has to mix and match with limited choices and little knowledge of what might fit and what might not. Which is not very encouraging. I cannot claim to have a particularly good eye for female (or male) fashion to begin with, but trying to cobble things together in a more or less plausible manner. The relative superabundance of overly sexualized items can get in the way of more mundane, everyday, or shareable scenes (although that last part does not always seem to occur to posters).

skywalkersaga wrote:What you guys say about the lack of 'appropriate' everyday female clothing is something I've struggled with since joining the hobby. It's not just the fact that the clothing is so overly revealing, but also the style of available clothing. I have a specific taste and it's not easy to find. Aside from the few options out there specifically for 1/6 tbleague style bodies, one solution I've found is to use certain types of doll clothing. Most doll stuff only fits onto the petite bodies, but sometimes one can find things that will fit the larger ones, too.

So true. Again, not a fashion guru by any stretch of the imagination, nor trying to keep my sixth-scale figures in a particular style, but this is so true. One of the reasons I invested heavily in the Nouveau Toys items, is that a lot of them were reasonably modern, reasonably stylish, and not over-sexualized (they have a few of those too). And they generally fit a lot, if not all, TBLeague female bodies, which is often enough a challenge.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If anyone wants those leather pants for kitbashing, Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety parted out the DiD Johann figure and the second ThreeZero Jaime Lannister set too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

skywalkersaga wrote:What you guys say about the lack of 'appropriate' everyday female clothing is something I've struggled with since joining the hobby. It's not just the fact that the clothing is so overly revealing, but also the style of available clothing. I have a specific taste and it's not easy to find. Aside from the few options out there specifically for 1/6 tbleague style bodies, one solution I've found is to use certain types of doll clothing. Most doll stuff only fits onto the petite bodies, but sometimes one can find things that will fit the larger ones, too.

So true. Again, not a fashion guru by any stretch of the imagination, nor trying to keep my sixth-scale figures in a particular style, but this is so true. One of the reasons I invested heavily in the Nouveau Toys items, is that a lot of them were reasonably modern, reasonably stylish, and not over-sexualized (they have a few of those too). And they generally fit a lot, if not all, TBLeague female bodies, which is often enough a challenge.

Glad the Nouveau Toys clothing is working for you. I have thus far only purchased some of their footwear, but it is indeed nicely made.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad the Nouveau Toys clothing is working for you. I have thus far only purchased some of their footwear, but it is indeed nicely made.

Yes, it works reasonably well for my limited purposes. I have also bought more of their footwear, including a second pair of flats heels, the silver high-heeled sandals, and a couple more pairs of shoes that I haven't had a chance to showcase yet. But the price definitely adds up. Similarly (in fact probably more so) with the Hegemony77 items, although most of those are more specifically sporty (with some exceptions). Do you think the Nouveau Toys clothing is reasonable, looks-wise, overall?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Post 211: Nice review of the clothing, and identifying each body was very helpful. Great review and playful as usual. Well done, Ian. (And as everyone else mentioned, nice to see the women wearing “normal” clothes.)

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful update, I especially like the shoes of the boys, they really give an edge in realism.

My favourite character might be The Steveler. With his haircut and buff chest in tight shirt he looks like he (and maybe some of the boys) are just back from deployment and celebrating or something.

How would you compare the Imperial body to other similar ones, looks a bit like s 23?

About the distortion, don't know how to fix that, but you could add additional close up shots to certain full figure scenes.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Post 211: Nice review of the clothing, and identifying each body was very helpful. Great review and playful as usual. Well done, Ian. (And as everyone else mentioned, nice to see the women wearing “normal” clothes.)

Thank you, I'm very glad you liked them. And agree.

Ovy wrote:Beautiful update, I especially like the shoes of the boys, they really give an edge in realism.

My favourite character might be The Steveler. With his haircut and buff chest in tight shirt he looks like he (and maybe some of the boys) are just back from deployment and celebrating or something.

How would you compare the Imperial body to other similar ones, looks a bit like s 23?

About the distortion, don't know how to fix that, but you could add additional close up shots to certain full figure scenes.

Thank you, glad you liked them. The Steveler! Come on, he already has a perfectly good German name, Der Stiffmeister. Wink He totally made that third American Pie movie, didn't he? In principle I would have appreciated a more neutral expression, but if anyone can pull off that silly open-mouthed smile, it is him. This outfit, especially on this body and with this head does have a very military look to it, I agree.

I wasn't sure, so I did not try to identify it as such, but the Imperial Guardian body might in fact be the S23B. It certainly has the muscular arms and the bust is not too hefty. Nevertheless, it was a total pain to fit it into these jeans.

I find that shooting from a greater distance helps cut down on the distortion. But then again, I'm trying to show detail. Specific close ups would be advisable, although they would probably result in a lot more photos. I find that I subconsciously prefer to show the entire figure(s) every time, which is not always helpful but probably comes from doing reviews and trying to present the whole picture. But surely a mixed approach might be better.

DarthJ

New Year's party 2021.

Most of the bodies are S24-25 or S26-27, there is one S39 and a few taller bodies too.
The stretchy black dresses are more recent purchases from Chinese sellers, the other ones are
Dolls clothing from Barbie, Sindy, Petra or clones.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Img_1015

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These are very festively clothed, appropriate for the holiday.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXVII: VTS, i8TOYS, ACPlay, Young Rich Toys, SW Toys, Verycool

First up, let's go into the future, with a completely unnecessary transfer of the VTS Starship Force Team Leader clothing and equipment (or part of it, parted out from the original set; weapon weathered from a Big Lots UN Peacekeepers set) onto an M33 body (modified by being colored in a lighter skin tone). I say completely unnecessary, because all the joints are covered up and there is absolutely no need for a seamless body here. The fit is quite tight, but ultimately doable, and the articulation still works surprisingly well.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb010

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb011

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb012

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb013

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb014

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb015

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb016

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb017

He can (almost) squat, which means he can sit. Given how tight the outfit on this body, that is pretty impressive to me. The two-part boots help a lot with posing. The helmet strap is held in place at one end with a weak magnet but works reasonably well. The resemblance to actor Casper Van Dien is pretty remote, still haven't gotten around to trying to improve it a little bit (suggestions welcome).

Second, we go back to the present, or slightly into the past, to High School, with a girl based on i8TOYS Serene Hound Troops Tache and Rine outfit with Nouveau Toys flats and college guy with ACPlay everything. She is using an S25B body, but can anyone identify the head sculpt? It reminds me of a mean girl from Greek, but any connection is surely accidental. He is using an M33 body (modified by being colored in a lighter skin tone); the head is from SL Custom's The Man set, denecked. No sparkling!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb018

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb110

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb111

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb112

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb113

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctblb114

The Serene Hound outfit fits reasonably well on the S25B body and does not impede articulation. I covered up the exposed area above the chest with a makeshift undershirt. And yes, I realize this is not how stockings work. These were designed to work with high-heeled ankle boots, but I didn't get those. I was surprised I was able to get the ACPlay outfit on the M33 body, let alone get so much in the way of posing out of it. Tight fit, but it works pretty well.

Third (concise version, see link below for full sets of photos), Michael Jordan as a baseball player for the Chicago White Sox with head, outfit and equipment mostly from the Young Rich Toys & SW Toys Chicago White Sox No 45 set (except for bendy hands, baseball, bat, and glove; using the M36B body), and "Boris Semënovič-Gopnik" with head (denecked) and outfit mostly from the Verycool The Slavic Warrior: King of the Mall set (except for watch, chain, slides, Vodka; using the M33 body).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Tkos1010

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Tkos0110

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Tkos1610

For the full photo set, see here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5268-a-tale-of-two-types-of-stripes-updated-with-part-ii

The Michael Jordan head is excellent, and the clothing is designed for a tall body (M36 happens to be the right height for the guy); it might look better on a fuller body, but TBLeague has not made one of those in this height, and if it did, the clothing might be much more difficult or impossible to get on. Technically the Gopnik does not need to be on a seamless body, unless you go with the t-shirt look. Appropriately for sportswear, both outfits works very well and do not impede articulation. A proper Gopnik squat, however, is beyond them (the body, I think), as covered in the full thread. Smile

Hope you found this useful and/or mildly amusing.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice extension of your clothing catalogue!
The female HS is a Claire Redfield head from a Hot heart kit called Mrs.Red. There are different knockoffs available on ebay.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice extension of your clothing catalogue!
The female HS is a Claire Redfield head from a Hot heart kit called Mrs.Red. There are different knockoffs available on ebay.  

Thank you, Randam. And thanks for identifying the head. I'm getting pretty hopeless at keeping track.

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum