OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hero With No Fear (Sideshow TCW Anakin upgrade)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Ah ok — so it definitely has one of those empty sockets for the ball peg to go in on the ankle ? It was a hard to ascertain from just the pics ...

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part of the problem in answering this question is that HT male skin tone varies -- both from sculpt to sculpt and more generally over time -- there used to be a bit of a pattern that they were a bit darker than TBLeague male "suntan," but now they are usually a bit lighter. WB025 is a good body, and I think we have it reviewed on here.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

You have done I think , I’m just being forgetful . :3

Stryker2011

Founding Father
You have to heat up the ankle and use a needle nose plier to pull the peg out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:You have to heat up the ankle and use a needle nose plier to pull the peg out.

Ah, thanks, good to know. : ) 

And I meant to say also thank you GF for explaining about the skintone issue, I always forget that the HT skintones haven't been totally consistent over the years. 

It does sound like the WorldBox body is the sturdiest and most versatile option, so I'll give it a go. I realize now that we already discussed this subject a while ago, but my mind is a sieve at the minute, so I appreciate the reminder about the compatibility side of things.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I knew it was Anakin, had to be with that title. I like the photos and how it's dark behind him, we all know that the darkness was slowly rising during his time as a jedi.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! the hero with no fear - The Hero With No Fear (Sideshow TCW Anakin upgrade)  - Page 2 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you like it and it works for you, boo-bomb! I just love that name/title for him and the irony of it so much — Matthew Stover’s iconic RotS novelisation contains some absolutely haunting passages on that whole theme, and this one was just so fitting in the context.

Hopefully I can do more photoshoots with him soon. ^.^

Diana

Diana
Hah! Thank you for dredging up this old thread or I'd never have seen it!
What a great bash and great photos, too! I love you

Ovy

Ovy
Cool, makes one realize how close his outfit came to Vader's. I just love plain black backgrounds and havehow they make the figure pop, have to use those more often too.

I am no help with those bodies though, but we have our experts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, thank you, Diana , glad you like him. <3

And Ovy, your figures are all so awesome, they ‘pop’ no matter their backdrop! :’D But yes, could be really neat to feature them in this almost theatrical manner. Dramatic lighting with the black ‘curtain’ gives that stage-like effect.

I’d intended to do a lot more pics like this myself, but unfortunately after we moved house over the summer, I no longer had access to this particular set up. Though I will try to rig up something else instead once I’m at a point where I’m ready to do more SW photoshoots. : )

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Very Cool. and nicely done. He looks really good. You should be proud of the work you've done. Love it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the encouraging words, AFM. I love you

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
This is the first time I've seen your thread, indeed he dose look really good!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cheers, Bad Wolf! I hope it's not too long til I can do more photoshoots with this one. :')

MerylAkiba

The Clone wars was an amazing show. Anakin was truly awesome. Disney+ has a best of 20 category, highlighting the shows best 20 episodes from the entire series.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Indeed -- my favourite show and fictional character, so I am a just a little biased. :')  But seriously, the Clone Wars does such an amazing job of portraying him, and goes into depth about so many facets of his character that the films didn't necessarily cover. One of the many things it does particularly effectively is to show not only his considerable skill as a pilot, warrior, and military leader, but also just how powerful he is in the Force, as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum