OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Avengers Infinity War Captain America Sixth Scale Figure REVIEW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheReviewSpot

TheReviewSpot
Give this man a shield — Here’s a look at the Hot Toys Avengers Infinity War Captain America Sixth Scale Figure!

https://youtu.be/XnDTzTDo9QU

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the detailed review. I do like the figure, though I'm sticking to my old one (same as the other one you showed).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Didn’t care for the bearded Captain look. Already have The Winter Soldier Cap & Steve Rogers 2-pack — that’s enough. Thanks for the thorough review, though.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Avengers Infinity War Captain America Sixth Scale Figure REVIEW C8485110

MerylAkiba

Awesome review ReviewSpot! I have the Michael Jackson 'Beat it' head and Sweeney Todd head and both have that style 'lifeline pattern' hair. Except The Michael head has one covering and blending over the other, overlapping. I think it was to give the allusion of layers. I do like this head. He almost has a 'John Wick' style. You are right about the mouth. To me, it looks like his tongue is covering his upper lip, like he is concentrating on causing a severe finisher on Corvis and Proxima ( Oh man I want those so much!)

I'm surprise they didn't use the metallic paint style for the hair akin to the one on Avengers Cap or Luke Skywalker New Hope when doing blonde hair. My HT Rocket Raccoon GoGv2 has a brown brass metallic paint job on the figure, which makes the hair more vibrant

I love the stitching throughout the entire suit.  That small level of detail is phenomenal

TheReviewSpot

TheReviewSpot
Many thanks for watching GubernatorFan, Stryker2011, and for the added insights as well, MerylAkiba!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:I'm surprise they didn't use the metallic paint style for the hair akin to the one on Avengers Cap or Luke Skywalker New Hope when doing blonde hair. My HT Rocket Raccoon GoGv2 has a brown brass metallic paint job on the figure, which makes the hair more vibrant

HT seem to be getting lazier with their paint apps lately — I’ve heard that same complaint about Episode 3 Obi-Wan’s hair from early pics of the production figure — hair looking flat and too dark, with no tonal change.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Avengers Infinity War Captain America Sixth Scale Figure REVIEW C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Very nice review!

That's by far my favorite captain, the toned colors on his suit, the battle damaged aspect, and above all his silhouette! Hot toys really upgraded his body proportions, I own the stealth suit version from winter soldier and I remember he was so bulky I had to mod the padded suit for better articulation and look!

My only critic on this figure and it's a small detail is the elbow joint, they went with a double hinge joint which seems a good idea but the outfit is restrictive for this kind of feature, and the 3/4 length leaves make the joint very noticeable...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum