OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NECA Gremlins Ultimate Stripe & Ultimate Gremlin Figures REVIEW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheReviewSpot

TheReviewSpot
They're clever. They're mischievous. They'll get into the kitchen, the basement, the garage — Here’s a look at the NECA Gremlins Ultimate Stripe & Ultimate Gremlin Figures!

NECA Gremlins Ultimate Stripe Figure
https://youtu.be/p5m-_m_U9ZM

NECA Gremlins Ultimate Gremlin Figure
https://youtu.be/G9W8p6pf-g8

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the fun reviews and practical advice. Various Gremlins have already become a favorite on this site, and your detailed video is a welcome addition to that coverage.

TheReviewSpot

TheReviewSpot
I appreciate the kind words, GubernatorFan! I love you

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Great reviews!

Mine are all boxed up again now. They would not stop falling over, even when on stands. I plan on fully repainting them and will probably glue up all the joints when I have them in poses I like.

As they were essentially rod and cable controlled puppets, Chris Walas and his team never had to figure out how they'd actually stand and walk in real life as the puppets never really did either. Most hero puppets in those days were only ever from the waist up. NECA would have been better off leaving the legs static as all those joints just don't support the weight of the upper body and head and fail on a regular basis.

If yours haven't yet, trust me, they will....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Great reviews!

Mine are all boxed up again now. They would not stop falling over, even when on stands. I plan on fully repainting them and will probably glue up all the joints when I have them in poses I like.

As they were essentially rod and cable controlled puppets, Chris Walas and his team never had to figure out how they'd actually stand and walk in real life as the puppets never really did either. Most hero puppets in those days were only ever from the waist up. NECA would have been better off leaving the legs static as all those joints just don't support the weight of the upper body and head and fail on a regular basis.

If yours haven't yet, trust me, they will....

CHEERS!

Well, that's a bummer, Roger. Sorry to hear. I'm sort of glad I never bought NECA products now, they sound like they have absolutely dreadful QC.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NECA Gremlins Ultimate Stripe & Ultimate Gremlin Figures REVIEW C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

On the whole they actually do have good QC. I think they overproduced these thinking there would be a large demand, they've yet to go completely out of stock since they were released. Due to the volume produced I would imagine more bad ones slipped the net than there should have been. I even have one with 2 left arms!

Because they were under the Ultimate banner, I think they over-engineered them a bit in a bid to make them a fancier product over older releases. They have way more leg joints than they actually needed when all they had to do was stand.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum