OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mandalorian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mandalorian Empty Mandalorian Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Not based off 'The Mandalorian', just a 'Rando-Mando' I've been working on.
Mandalorian 33744894158_1ae4598b65_c

Jango as a base with Kanan arms, Guavian Enforcer pouches and blaster. Blaster is likely a temporary one until I can properly raid my parts bins.

Customized his helmet and jetpack using leftover bits from a 1/72 Huey helicopter I put together.
Mandalorian 32679551007_c3f7018f3c_c
His poncho is some papertowel, painted with some carnation ribbon around the collar, and a coat of clear floor polish applied to give it a little rubberized sheen.

Under the helmet he's rockin' the Fleet Trooper head sculpt.
Mandalorian 33744894178_8d9b4483d7_c

2Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is very cool. And very inspiring use of a paper towel and floor shine. Extremely cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mandalorian C8485110

3Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:35 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:That is very cool. And very inspiring use of a paper towel and floor shine. Extremely cool.
Thanks a lot, man! Really pleased how this one came together.

4Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:45 pm

scalawag

scalawag
They look great. Always good to see more Star Wars.

Paul

5Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:02 am

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work! Nice to see the result (since I had voted for the poncho in the back lol) I love the toned colors you apply, looks "monochrome" from far but is filled with details and nice weathering, really cool!

6Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
blackpool wrote:Awesome work! Nice to see the result (since I had voted for the poncho in the back lol) I love the toned colors you apply, looks "monochrome" from far but is filled with details and nice weathering, really cool!

Haha thanks man, really appreciate that, and you taking part in the vote Wink

7Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:14 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
scalawag wrote:They look great.  Always good to see more Star Wars.

Paul

Thanks man! Gonna be trying something different next, giving some troopers a good WWII vibe...gonna be a fun one!

8Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks absolutely great and gritty -- in all the right ways. Even the slight custom to IG-88 adds more character to your figures. Your imagination and innovation certainly pay off.

9Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:It looks absolutely great and gritty -- in all the right ways. Even the slight custom to IG-88 adds more character to your figures. Your imagination and innovation certainly pay off.

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it!

10Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:37 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice work! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
skywalkersaga wrote:Very nice work! : )

Thanks a lot!

12Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nicely done!

CHEERS!

13Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:07 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Rogerbee wrote:
Nicely done!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

14Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Gritty is a fitting word used by Gubernator to desrcribe the overall look. I really like the Poncho, I have to try that too. I can imagine him in a very, very rainy, wet environment.

At the moment I am making some Mandalorians from Bandai Boba Fetts, the annoying thing is they all have a hole in the helmet and the same dents on the armor. A clean Jango does not have that Problem!
However, the Hasbro Figures have those visible Holes on the knee joints.
They probably don't bother you, but I put a thin sheet of putty over them on an Imperial pilot, works quite well, especially on cloth. Hides the holes.

15Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:29 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:Gritty is a fitting word used by Gubernator to desrcribe the overall look. I really like the Poncho, I have to try that too. I can imagine him in a very, very rainy, wet environment.

At the moment I am making some Mandalorians from Bandai Boba Fetts, the annoying thing is they all have a hole in the helmet and the same dents on the armor. A clean Jango does not have that Problem!
They probably don't bother you, but I put a thin sheet of putty over them on an Imperial pilot, works quite well, especially on cloth. Hides the holes.

Thanks!

Hmm for the Bandai Fett kits...you could try using some putty filler to fill in the holes and dents, sand 'em smooth and then proceed to inflict your own damage on them.

That is smart about using the putty to cover the knee joint holes, I've thought of doing that before, especially on my Troopers, would really help make them look more convincing and less 'toy' like.

16Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Ovy

Ovy
PickleMunkey wrote:
Ovy wrote:Gritty is a fitting word used by Gubernator to desrcribe the overall look. I really like the Poncho, I have to try that too. I can imagine him in a very, very rainy, wet environment.

Thanks!

Hmm for the Bandai Fett kits...you could try using some putty filler to fill in the holes and dents, sand 'em smooth and then proceed to inflict your own damage on them.

That is smart about using the putty to cover the knee joint holes, I've thought of doing that before, especially on my Troopers, would really help make them look more convincing and less 'toy' like.

Yes that's what I did, filling in putting and sanding. Not totally 100% pleased with the result but it works.

Here are the changes I made to the Imperial agent:

Overall eight thin sheets of putty...of course more work can be put in there, but it's enough for me. Took only a few minutes
Mandalorian U3I3SX8

Primed it. To sell the look on organic looking 'fabric' is quite easy.
Mandalorian LTsRBbp

Mandalorian O2yXWgo

17Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:
Yes that's what I did, filling in putting and sanding. Not totally 100% pleased with the result but it works.

Here are the changes I made to the Imperial agent:

Aw man that looks awesome!

18Mandalorian Empty Re: Mandalorian Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As long as the articulation is unhindered, that is a very neat trick with the putty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum