OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hasbro Lord Zedd

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm

awsd1987

awsd1987
Hasbro Lord Zedd Img_2010

To customize or not, that is the question.

I can't believe he was there on the shelf, hidden behind a slew of red rangers. I've heard he was short packed so its killing me to open the box if I might never find another one. *Bites nails* Ehhhhhh idk what to do!

2Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well... You have to ask yourself, do you buy to enjoy? Or do you buy as a potential future sale?

I’ve never been a collector for future sales myself. I generally open everything — even Hot Toys — and I throw the boxes away (maybe if it has cool art, I keep parts of the packaging). Sure it diminishes the value in the eyes of “collectors”, but I buy these to enjoy — not horde.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hasbro Lord Zedd C8485110

3Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm

scalawag

scalawag
I generally open everything but keep the packaging.  

Like Stryker2011, I buy to enjoy the figures I have and so they are all out where I can see and fully appreciate them.

If I am honest when I see mint on card toys from back when I was a boy a little bit of me is sad they never got played with, but thats just me.

Cool looking figure by the way.

Paul

4Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 pm

mrhoss

Great figure, definitely one of Hasbro's best 6" figures across all their lines.  They added some extra articulation around the abs and torso which hasn't been used on their other figures. Very fun to pose.  
He is shortpacked, shipping at one per case of eight figures.  I happened to find one last week at Target and was allowed to buy him despite Target's street date of May 1.   Saw another one today at Walmart.

5Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 pm

awsd1987

awsd1987
Growing up, I always kept my barbies in the boxes only to find 20 years later all of them, with the exception of one (Hallie Barry Catwoman, the only one I kept actually) did not retain any value whatsoever and just took up a lot of space by being in the boxes. Looking back on it, I should have just took them out and played with them and been a normal kid.

With Zedd though, I already know he's shortpacked so part of me wants to keep him cherry just in case there is ever a mild emergency that requires me to "offload" him in a decade or two...I think that's what's making it so difficult for me. I might just try to roll the bones and go try to search for a second one because I really *really* wanna "play" with him. I mean, lookit the staff! It has a detachable effect!

6Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
When my nephew was a little kid, he was a huge Star Wars fan, but he was NEVER allowed to take any of his Hasbro stuff out of the packaging. Once I found that out, I stopped buying him Star Wars stuff. I could see not letting an 8 year old play with a $200 action figure, but Hasbro stuff? I have no idea whatever happened to all that stuff.

Good luck in your hunt for a second one. That might be your best bet if you're struggling that much.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hasbro Lord Zedd C8485110

7Hasbro Lord Zedd Empty Re: Hasbro Lord Zedd Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a very nice find. I suppose it depends whether you want to really enjoy and appreciate it, or whether you want to hold on to it as an investment. That is certainly up to you -- each of us has a slightly different mentality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum