OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shazzdan

Stryker2011 wrote:They lick themselves in a couple places, I’m sure their stomachs can handle these nasty things.

Ask a dog whether he would rather lick his own butt or eat tripe and he will choose the former Smile

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

skywalkersaga

Tripe is actually helpful to their digestion... we feed them prey model raw diet, so it's something that needs to be included now and then to mimic what they would eat in the wild.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Just placed a preorder with KG Hobby in Hong Kong.
https://www.kghobby.com/limtoys-008-1-6-the-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west-figure/

$1,230HK converts to around $160US

Doesn’t there shipping negate any “discount”?

FreakinLobster

It depends to which country they're sending. For me, their shipping is the same price as the US' stores... And it's easier to not get some extra import taxes and fees. In here, when they see a package from the US, you WILL pay import fees 'n all.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
https://www.kghobby.com/limtoys-008-1-6-the-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west-figure/

How? I live in Australia.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

How? I live in Australia.

Ahh, yeah.

I’ve wanted to order from them before, but the shipping to the US defeats the purpose of their discounts, making the difference from them to say Giantoy, OSK, or US sellers not worth it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 2 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Works out even better for me because the $HK-AU exchange rate is a little more favourable than the $US-AU exchange rate. And shipping from Hong Kong to Australia is cheaper than US to Australia.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Wish my country's exchange rate would be nicer to me... welp, 3rd world problems.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Huh... ToyPanic is displaying a third HS (sold separately) by LimToys itself for this figure, with a mid beard. The picture is still blurred but it shows a promise for such HS in the future.
There's the link to it:
https://www.toypanic.com/toy.aspx?p=41141

PitViper

PitViper
The bearded short-hair head with its matching body are interesting. As for the rest, not my cup of tea.

MerylAkiba

So many options! I wonder if the body is thin, akin to a stormtrooper, to put on that many layers of clothing. gotta get it. Also, has anyone here ever tried Menudo? It is sooooo good. But it takes forever to cook. No Rats, now I'm hungry.

Regarding the hat: does it only fit one style of hair? This figure would pair well with the Hateful 8 figures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My husband just played this and ahhh, this character really got to me, and now I want this figure so badly! :3 But they don't have my fave hairstyle for him, which is the beard and longer hair, but with the hair slicked back. Maybe will have to be a hair rooting project.... ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Does anyone know if this is still available for pre-order? I can't seem to find it listed anywhere...  confused

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Last I saw, LIM had asked that people take it down (so, maybe the IP holder was giving them pressure).

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh I see, that’s unfortunate. :/

shazzdan

shazzdan
KGHobby reckons that it is still going ahead. According to them the entire production run has now been allocated so there are no more available to sell. That's why it has been taken down.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I see.... so I missed out! Bummer. :[

blackpool

blackpool
Damned I missed it as well... Sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If only my husband had gotten into the game sooner, darnit!  Laughing Crying or Very sad

Skippy

shazzdan wrote:KGHobby reckons that it is still going ahead. According to them the entire production run has now been allocated so there are no more available to sell. That's why it has been taken down.

They received a cease and desist, as did some other retailers.

This is the Fight Club of figures. (First and second rules!)

gunm

gunm
I completely missed this. I play Red Dead Online almost every day.

suo76

skywalkersaga wrote:Does anyone know if this is still available for pre-order? I can't seem to find it listed anywhere...  confused
www.lacitedesnuages.be/ still has it on preorder.

blackpool

blackpool
I would advise to be extremely cautious with that specific webstore, prices are very high and the reputation very low...

suo76

Really? Never had any problems with them and in Germany they don't have a bad reputation as far as I know. Could you give me some links to complaints, so I had evidence to be more cautious with my preorders from them?

edit: And Prices in European stores tend to be higher anyway, but they include VAT. Compared to other European stores it is about the same level.

blackpool

blackpool
you can check google reviews or 12inch.com forum (in french only sorry) where there is a full topic about them, it's mainly about too high prices, changes of price before and after preorder, great lack of communication or rude communication, and lots of problems in case of damage or lost parcel...

Their prices are interesting on some brands, that's true (damtoys, artfigures...), curiously totally insane on some others (threeA, threezero, hot toys generally). Besides that they are one of the very rare site to ask for a paying membership (30€/year to get 10% discount).
From my experience I always avoided them after reading many threads of replacement problems, of unanswered mails for months, cancelled preorders without notification... But it's true people tend to be vocal and loud when things go wrong much more than when things go fine.

On the brighter side they were also well known 6 or 7 years ago for being one of the last stores accepting check payments even on international orders (they are in Belgium)

I agree with you that European stores tend to have higher prices because of taxes, mainly VAT, but the first and usual reason is because they don't buy enough quantity or don't declare it as business goods to be resold (they would pay an import tax this way, but no VAT, which is covered by the final customer, at least in france). Therefore they pay the same price as you and me if we were ordering from an american site or else, except they add their margin to this price, and then add VAT (that's where most of them make an additional margin since they calculate the VAT ratio on a price already including a VAT amount)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for that explanation about the higher prices from European sellers, blackpool, that makes sense.

suo76

Thanks, gives me more insight, too. I have been ordering with them only for the last year and so far had no bad experience. Got answers from customer service within a few days, got stuff delivered with no damage. I don't speak frech good enough to look at french review sites and in two german collectors groups there were no complaints about them. So your report about french sides is helpful.
What I have seen is, that the preorder prices got up when they had stuff in stock, but don't know if that goes for the customers who had it on preorder as well.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Not half bad....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just POd the LIM Toys version at Toy Origin. According to the rep, that is the only retailer that is going to carry him, and it is being produced in relatively low numbers. If this is the version you want, don’t hesitate:

https://www.toyorigin.com/collectibles/lim-toys/the-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west-1-6-scale-figure-limtoys-008/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum