OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Aaagh... so many decapitated lobotomy patients! Smile Well, it is encouraging to see them produced in quantity. Smile And they do look pretty good.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Yeah,

Looks like they will deliver.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
By the way, Roger, nice to have you peeking back in. Hope all is going well with you and yours.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Well, the pandemic canned my move plans, if it can be reigned in by this time next year then I might still stand a chance.

RDR2 is still going strong and only recently got some new content, so there will still be interest in this. It's also possible, due to the long wait, that some folk got tired of it and cancelled. Just have to see I guess....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m really looking forward to this, and it will go great with the VTS version I already have. My plans for Stryker entering the Western world is coming along. I’m going to use the “matching” sculpts in different forms, as villains/brothers as I don’t have any attachment to the game, or keeping the character as a single example of such.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

There is a company doing a nice Sadie Adler to go with him. She'd make a nice companion piece.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. I POd her when she went up. I’ll probably try to find a different hat for her, since the one she’s coming with doesn’t look so good.

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Cool, be good to see what she's like.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Maybe only the very Old School guys will relate to what I’m going on about; but I love it so much that the two outercoats the VTS guy came with, and the one this Limtoys guy will have, are such a perfect easy way to bring vintage Marx characters like Johnny West or Sam Cobra on stage with more recent, more sophisticated figures.  

Those headsculpts still look great to me after 50 years (though part of that must be nostalgia, surely); but their sculpted clothing is normally a deal-breaker against integration with current figures. There's a solution through these VTS and Limtoys overcoats…

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Img_0310
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Img_0010
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Img_0311

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nicely done!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool setups, MBAM. I like the salon-girl portrait above the desk; that’s a nice touch.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great bashes, scenes, and photos, MBAM. I've missed your showing off your work like that.

davidd

davidd
Great to see Sam Cobra reclaiming his rightful place, center stage in the 1/6 scale Old West!

Well... his rightful place until Johnny shows up! Then we'll see some lead slinging!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thanks for the compliments guys.  That set up was thrown together to set off Sam Cobra upgraded with his new coat, and it clearly needs work (painting needs a frame; bar needs to be taller; etc).  But it's so satisfying to see Marx Sam Cobra keeping up with the new kids on the block.  Particularly because this Limtoys figure and the VTS one really feel so much like having a return of The Marx West.

I've got two Marx Sam Cobra figs, and the one in the pics is the one that I actually had as a kid.  Imagine telling my ten year-old self that I'd still be "playing" with that very same Sam Cobra figure nearly 50 years later, and people around the world could see me doing it through something called the Internet...

davidd

davidd
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Imagine telling my ten year-old self that I'd still be "playing" with that very same Sam Cobra figure nearly 50 years later, and people around the world could see me doing it through something called the Internet...

And imagine finding a whole bunch of other guys who are doing the exact same thing! Razz

csyeung

csyeung
Just got my invoice, so excited! It's been a long time coming.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That's good. The Limtoys rep on Collector Freaks got sick of people asking dumb questions. I hope you get him in hand soon.

csyeung

csyeung
Yeah I saw, I get it. All they were doing was asking every week when it'd come out when he just answered that he'd pass on news when there were development. I do appreciate him keeping us updated though about progress, which you don't often get even with bigger companies like hot toys.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
That's good. The Limtoys rep on Collector Freaks got sick of people asking dumb questions. I hope you get him in hand soon.

Yeah, there were a couple people over there that were driving me nuts with that crap. I don't seriously know why some of these poor reps even put up with coming to the boards, but I do appreciate getting inside information.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, I felt like Yoda! "Patience!"

Nothing on a thread with slow news is more annoying than spammed replies with "Any news!?".

csyeung

csyeung
All i gotta say is " So much stuff !"

haha, taking my time to go through everything, but here are a few quick pics so far.
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02612
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02610
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02611

davidd

davidd
Oh, man! Now that is how to put together an impressive action figure package! Look at all that cool stuff!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a great set, loaded with so many goodies.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm a sucker for accessories so it looks pretty good to me.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Both versions are an exceptional array of stuff, the most "1/6 West in a Box" since Marx.    LIM has lots of goodies, but the VT actually has even more stuff, and unique quirky items like the coonskin cap, fishing pole and fish.  The LIM compensates with the increased hair/beard options.  So they're both terrific (doesn't have to be a competition).  If there were only one of these made, I'd probably have bought a double, so for me getting both is a no-brainer. Been enjoying the VT, hoping to get the Lim.

For convenience, here's the side to side:

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Gunsli10videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Red_de10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree, MBAM. I have the VTS version, and since I don’t have a vested interest at all in the game, but a vested interest in quality Western figures, it certainly fits the bill. But, I do have two sets of the LIM Toys coming. I plan to use parts from all of them to make a mini-me and use the heads and other parts to make Villain Brothers. There’s plenty to like about both versions, and I’m hoping that either LIM or VTS continues with more characters from the game, just for more variety.

csyeung

csyeung
pew pew pew

videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02711
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02712
videogamebased - NEW PRODUCT: Limtoys 1/6 Scale GUNSLINGER OUTLAWS OF THE WEST - Page 3 Dsc02710

Edit: just wanted to add, when you get the figure in, be extra careful of the spurs, they are super fragile. I think it's just clipped in but one of them keeps popping out and finding that tiny spur is a pain in the arse. I had similar difficulties on a similar item, the cowgirl boots from tbleague cowgirl. Those ones popped out easy too and took me forever to find it afterwards haha. Be forwarned. I may end up gluing it in or taking the spurs off.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks great, Craig!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

This figure has been an all time home run for Limtoys. Happiness all round. When could the same be said of an HT or SSC!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum