OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

siquisiri

siquisiri
ART FIGS has always decided its next project based on the input of its customers. In the past 3 years, we have produced 10 excellent western figures.
With our PROJECT 7: THE WILD WILD WEST in its final stages, we attempted over the past few weeks to start up a new western project but unfortunately we didn’t get anywhere.

As a result, we want to open up this thread so we can gauge an interest into what other figs you might want to see ART FIGS produce. Historicals?, Sci fi?, 70’s or 80’s tv?, Police drama?, etc…

We can do the headsculpts only if you want, the clothing sets if you need them!!

ALL of your input is welcomed!!

Some have inquired if we can make other characters using our available sculpts..
For example, a few have asked for a Magnum PI figure using our Quigley sculpt as a base, a Death Wish Paul Kersey using our Charles Bronson, an older John Wayne, a John Wick Winston using our deadwood Al sculpt, etc…
Post whatever idea you have and hopefully we can get some projects off the ground!!!

Some of the ideas brought up on the other boards, MacReady from The Thing, Mac Gyver, Westwold figures....

Thanks!!!

Siqui

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
sticking with the Western theme:

Natalie Wood The Searchers (to go with our Duke figure).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! C8485110

siquisiri

siquisiri
Stryker2011 wrote:sticking with the Western theme:

Natalie Wood The Searchers (to go with our Duke figure).

Id like to do a female figure.
I opened the same thread on SSF and OSW and some of the interest in western figs so far has been: Yul from Magnificent 7 (Id love to do yul and McQueenA), Yul from Westworld (regular and android head), and Ben from Bonanza...

Other than western interests: MacReady from The Thing, MacGyver,

siquisiri

siquisiri
Will wanted me to post these. These are sculpts that are all in beginning stages and need refinement, but can be the possible base for any of our future projects. Please give us your input:

Desperado (can be made with long hair to contrast the other sculpt being offered on the boards or made into Zorro)
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Bander10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Bander11

Heston
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Heston10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Heston11

Lord Humungus
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Humung10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Humung11
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Humung12
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! M2510

Kung Fu Caine
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Kf_bal10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Kung_f10

Mad Max
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Mel_a10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey Frank,

I’m always up for more Heston, and it looks like Will posted the Taylor sculpt he did for me, with perhaps a bit of refinement. I’d be in for one of those for sure.

But, here’s my impressions of how this poll has gone so far, as I’ve been watching the requests over at the other boards:

1. Perhaps it was left a little too open-ended as far as genre or what the artisans are capable of: Will’s a fine sculptor and probably pretty capable of doing just about anything, but modern military (especially to the caliber that that group desires), is not in Amy’s wheel house. Her forte is period outfits for the most part, and I highly doubt she’s going to be able to live up to the exacting standards of the multi-cam crowd, or even be able to do it. Those requests are stupid and ridiculous; and while Will is possibly capable of doing some weapons... again, I don’t see that as being viable, as I know for a fact it’s not really in his comfort zone.

2. If you’re willing to explore other genres besides “Western”, I probably would have been more specific as to which ones. The requests are all over the map, and aside from the small handful of ones you’ve mentioned and shown, seem a little too broad to reach a wide enough audience. Jackie Gleeson from the Honeymooners?! Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman (forgive me, but guys in suits after awhile just becomes two guys in suits). While I know there’s interest, Modern Military, 20th century Military and Contemporary (aside from possibly iconic characters that more people are interested in — like Lethal Weapon or Die Hard) should have been left off the table. Unless you yourself have an interest in those areas, I would have stuck to Western, Sci-Fi, Fantasy (?), and clearly (due to MacReady) Horror (but I would keep it to just him or head sculpts (I saw requests for characters from Alien and Aliens; while cool, again... unrealistic. People seriously need to pull their heads out of their asses and think about the limitations of the people we’re working with; most of that stuff would end up being HS only unless you can find someone to do the outfits and gear, and then the costs would quickly shoot through the roof and out of the realm of where we’ve been thus far. And instead of it being a couple months for each project, we’d be looking at years).

3. I’m not generally a completist, but some of the requests are too limited for me, personally, to get involved: the movie’s called The Magnificent Seven, if all we were going to get is Brynner and McQueen, I honestly wouldn’t waste my time (I’d want all Seven); I’m more than a little pissed QMX dropped the ball on Firefly, and it looks like they might be dropping it on Star Trek TOS. If you’re going to do Antonio Banderas from Desperado, I’m out if we’re not going to get Salma Hayek. Although I love the John Wayne/Eathen figure, it really does look lonely without Natalie Wood to compliment it. The constant sausage fest requests by everyone is a little trying (Michael Douglas from Romancing the Stone, but no Kathleen Turner?! That was in another open-ended poll, not yours), and speaks to the limp-dicked insecurities of the requesters who don’t like to collect “Barbie’s”. Once Upon a Time in the West is my favorite Spaghetti Western, but I didn’t get involved in it because I knew there wasn’t going to be a Cheyenne or Jill.

4.These are all just my opinions, and you can agree or disagree, but I think you may have made this open-ended poll more difficult for yourself than it’s worth. I’ve seen requests for things that have already been done by others, or are in the process of being done as we speak, so really, what’s the point? Just looking for a cheaper alternative, I guess, but with the over-expectations that most seem to have, I doubt many would be that satisfied in the long run. I’d pull back and reign this in before it goes much further and the requests continue to get further and further out there. So far, I have zero interest in about 90% of the requests being made, but that’s just me (Robert Redford in The Natural? Some of these folks need to realize that much of this stuff would have to be done on a private commission level, not a group effort). Hell, someone started a Logan’s Run Interest Thread over at the Freaks a few years ago that’s gone nowhere, hence Will and I are planning to do Logan and Jessica just for he and I.

5. Spreading the projects out a little might be a better idea than jumping from one to the next before previous ones are even finished, money gets tight in this hobby, and other things come up (I have private commissions and group commissions from others that I’m involved in, as well), and can’t always jump in right away on the next project. I’m all for a Butch and Sundance, but just couldn’t swing it at the moment that poll came up, and probably can’t now for another year or two, to be honest.

6. If you wanted to do more Western stuff, and that’s fine, I’d start one for female characters (or duos like Cat Bsllou and Kid Shellene), and see where it goes. So far, as I mentioned, it’s been nothing but a sausage fest, and me personally, I can only have so many cowboys on my shelf, before I’d like to see a CowGIRL. I’ve already made several suggestions in that area that may or not go over with the group thing,  but it wouldn’t hurt, and it’s something that Amy is quite capable of.

Food for thought or not, it’s your company. You can handle it however you want. As someone who’s been involved with a few of these projects now, I just thought I’d point out my perspective on what I perceive to be some of the problems. I hope you don’t take offense at any of my comments. It’s been a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to doing so again.

siquisiri

siquisiri
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey Frank,

I’m always up for more Heston, and it looks like Will posted the Taylor sculpt he did for me, with perhaps a bit of refinement. I’d be in for one of those for sure.

But, here’s my impressions of how this poll has gone so far, as I’ve been watching the requests over at the other boards:

1. Perhaps it was left a little too open-ended as far as genre or what the artisans are capable of: Will’s a fine sculptor and probably pretty capable of doing just about anything, but modern military (especially to the caliber that that group desires), is not in Amy’s wheel house. Her forte is period outfits for the most part, and I highly doubt she’s going to be able to live up to the exacting standards of the multi-cam crowd, or even be able to do it. Those requests are stupid and ridiculous; and while Will is possibly capable of doing some weapons... again, I don’t see that as being viable, as I know for a fact it’s not really in his comfort zone.

2. If you’re willing to explore other genres besides “Western”, I probably would have been more specific as to which ones. The requests are all over the map, and aside from the small handful of ones you’ve mentioned and shown, seem a little too broad to reach a wide enough audience. Jackie Gleeson from the Honeymooners?! Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman (forgive me, but guys in suits after awhile just becomes two guys in suits). While I know there’s interest, Modern Military, 20th century Military and Contemporary (aside from possibly iconic characters that more people are interested in — like Lethal Weapon or Die Hard) should have been left off the table. Unless you yourself have an interest in those areas, I would have stuck to Western, Sci-Fi, Fantasy (?), and clearly (due to MacReady) Horror (but I would keep it to just him or head sculpts (I saw requests for characters from Alien and Aliens; while cool, again... unrealistic. People seriously need to pull their heads out of their asses and think about the limitations of the people we’re working with; most of that stuff would end up being HS only unless you can find someone to do the outfits and gear, and then the costs would quickly shoot through the roof and out of the realm of where we’ve been thus far. And instead of it being a couple months for each project, we’d be looking at years).

3. I’m not generally a completist, but some of the requests are too limited for me, personally, to get involved: the movie’s called The Magnificent Seven, if all we were going to get is Brynner and McQueen, I honestly wouldn’t waste my time (I’d want all Seven); I’m more than a little pissed QMX dropped the ball on Firefly, and it looks like they might be dropping it on Star Trek TOS. If you’re going to do Antonio Banderas from Desperado, I’m out if we’re not going to get Salma Hayek. Although I love the John Wayne/Eathen figure, it really does look lonely without Natalie Wood to compliment it. The constant sausage fest requests by everyone is a little trying (Michael Douglas from Romancing the Stone, but no Kathleen Turner?! That was in another open-ended poll, not yours), and speaks to the limp-dicked insecurities of the requesters who don’t like to collect “Barbie’s”. Once Upon a Time in the West is my favorite Spaghetti Western, but I didn’t get involved in it because I knew there wasn’t going to be a Cheyenne or Jill.

4.These are all just my opinions, and you can agree or disagree, but I think you may have made this open-ended poll more difficult for yourself than it’s worth. I’ve seen requests for things that have already been done by others, or are in the process of being done as we speak, so really, what’s the point? Just looking for a cheaper alternative, I guess, but with the over-expectations that most seem to have, I doubt many would be that satisfied in the long run. I’d pull back and reign this in before it goes much further and the requests continue to get further and further out there. So far, I have zero interest in about 90% of the requests being made, but that’s just me (Robert Redford in The Natural? Some of these folks need to realize that much of this stuff would have to be done on a private commission level, not a group effort). Hell, someone started a Logan’s Run Interest Thread over at the Freaks a few years ago that’s gone nowhere, hence Will and I are planning to do Logan and Jessica just for he and I.

5. Spreading the projects out a little might be a better idea than jumping from one to the next before previous ones are even finished, money gets tight in this hobby, and other things come up (I have private commissions and group commissions from others that I’m involved in, as well), and can’t always jump in right away on the next project. I’m all for a Butch and Sundance, but just couldn’t swing it at the moment that poll came up, and probably can’t now for another year or two, to be honest.

6. If you wanted to do more Western stuff, and that’s fine, I’d start one for female characters (or duos like Cat Bsllou and Kid Shellene), and see where it goes. So far, as I mentioned, it’s been nothing but a sausage fest, and me personally, I can only have so many cowboys on my shelf, before I’d like to see a CowGIRL. I’ve already made several suggestions in that area that may or not go over with the group thing,  but it wouldn’t hurt, and it’s something that Amy is quite capable of.

Food for thought or not, it’s your company. You can handle it however you want. As someone who’s been involved with a few of these projects now, I just thought I’d point out my perspective on what I perceive to be some of the problems. I hope you don’t take offense at any of my comments. It’s been a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to doing so again.

All input is positive my friend! We purposely opened a general poll just to see what other interests are out there. Some are REALLY out there, but its all good!
A poll will follow this weekend that will decide what the next project will be. The poll will be based on the ideas that have the most support and that we believe have the best chance to go into production.

Up until now, we have focused on westerns, but we had discussed going into different genres for some time.
In fact, our project 3 started a sci fi project 1.5 years ago and had 10 people on board for an Alien Dallas. Unfortunately our tailor at the time, not Amy, dropped out and the only other tailor we found almost tripled our price and so we had to shelve the project. After that , we followed with our last 4 western projects.

We also work with other tailors that are capable of doing more that period outfits.

We usually dont start a new project until were at the optional final paint app stage. At the beginning of the year we had an little of an overlap, but we were not juggling various projects at once, they were all the final paint app stage, which we offer as an option.

Take care!
siqui

blackpool

blackpool
Personally I would keep on digging the western genre which is your signature to my eyes, but that can include movies like mad max, the book of eli, and some more that I definitely consider as westerns...

Even if not my favourite genre for collecting (I don't have any figure from that era... yet?) but I love western movies, so I hope you'll allow me some suggestions Smile

- Salvation, mostly the main characters played by jeffrey dean morgan and madds mikkelsen (even if eva green and eric cantona's characters are badass too)

- 3.10 to Yuma, mainly the two heroes portrayed by Russell Crowe and Christian bale

- Lone ranger, as only tonto was released, I'm pretty sure his buddy would be interesting to have.

- True Grit, Bridges, Brolin, and Damon's characters

- Deadman, the most philosophic western movie, Johnny Depp, Iggy Pop, Gary Farmer, and John Hurt's characters

- Penny Dreadful, Josh Hartnett and Timothy Dalton at first, both the timeline and the genre fit your work to my eyes.

- Westworld, with the new season being released, I guess a lot of people would love to own the main characters

- No country for old men, mostly Josh Brolin and Tommy lee Jones characters, to my eyes this movie is really the perfect modern contemporary western. I'd jump right away on these figures personally

More come to my mind, but mostly classic westerns, Pale rider, the magnificent 7 (but all the 7), old django...

siquisiri

siquisiri
blackpool wrote:Personally I would keep on digging the western genre which is your signature to my eyes, but that can include movies like mad max, the book of eli, and some more that I definitely consider as westerns...

Even if not my favourite genre for collecting (I don't have any figure from that era... yet?) but I love western movies, so I hope you'll allow me some suggestions Smile

- Salvation, mostly the main characters played by jeffrey dean morgan and madds mikkelsen (even if eva green and eric cantona's characters are badass too)

- 3.10 to Yuma, mainly the two heroes portrayed by Russell Crowe and Christian bale

- Lone ranger, as only tonto was released, I'm pretty sure his buddy would be interesting to have.

- True Grit, Bridges, Brolin, and Damon's characters

- Deadman, the most philosophic western movie, Johnny Depp, Iggy Pop, Gary Farmer, and John Hurt's characters

- Penny Dreadful, Josh Hartnett and Timothy Dalton at first, both the timeline and the genre fit your work to my eyes.

- Westworld, with the new season being released, I guess a lot of people would love to own the main characters

- No country for old men, mostly Josh Brolin and Tommy lee Jones characters, to my eyes this movie is really the perfect modern contemporary western. I'd jump right away on these figures personally

More come to my mind, but mostly classic westerns, Pale rider, the magnificent 7 (but all the 7), old django...

Westerns will always be our base as we have such a love for the genre and i think we've managed to fill a gap that has existed in the 1/6 world for some time by producing figs that no one else would ever have done.

I love a lot of you ideas ! and we have discussed 3:10 to Yuma and True Grit and im sure well visit them in the future!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Franco Nero as Django.

dadrab

dadrab
Well, Frank, if you're looking for a few ideas, let me see what I can do:

How about James Garner as Maverick.
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Q52d9-1510694479-523-lists-maverick_everett_garner_color

I'll never argue a David Carradine, which I saw above.

Then there's Clint Walker as Cheyenne?
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Clint-Walker
And, you can use a TBL "ripped" body with his character, too. In the 1950's that boy was pumped. Sadly, TBL can't stand up (pun intended) to Walker's real height...6'6".
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! 6a010536b86d36970c0134898ca7c0970c-pi
And, I don't believe he was roided up, either...Not sure they were even around, but Walker's still alive and well at age 90.

Maybe a little Chuck Connors action.
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! P510365_b_v8_ad
He starred in the Rifleman and Branded...a two fer...
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! 51aJ9og4xyL

Always liked Stuart Whitman, too.
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! P354016_b_v8_ae

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Jane Russell from THE OUTLAW (1943).

ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Russell,%20Jane%20(Outlaw,%20The)_01A

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Nick Adams as Johnny Yuma from THE REBEL (1959 - 1961).

ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Nick_Adams_The_Rebel_1959

siquisiri

siquisiri
Maverick we will for sure tackle one day.. A jane russell would be grrrr.. LMAOO

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hannie Caulder - Raquel Welch
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! 4cdcbe10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Hannie10

Natalie Wood - The Searchers
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! 14126210

Jane Fonda & Lee Marvin - Cat Ballou
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Jane-f10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Shelle10

Sharon Stone The Quick & The Dead
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Sharon10

Salma Hayek & Penelope Cruz - Bandidas
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! 16f76110

Bruce Campbell, Julius Carry & Kelly Rutherford - The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Brisco10
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! F7dd4610
ART FIGS - NEW PROJECT IDEAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Tumblr10

siquisiri

siquisiri
We opened up a poll based on the selections that go the most support during the week.. check it out...
I do like that some female subjects were brought up. I would love to do a Claudia Cardinale from Once Upon a Time in the West. The Quick and the Dead Ellen figure would be amazing!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum